Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2001, 11:58 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Pregnant and Staying Fit ~ September 2001

Well the beginning of a new month. I don't know where ya'll live but here it feels a lot like fall already, very breezy and cool but sunny. Kind of ironic considering that hot humid stuff we had not too long ago.

5 days til my due date. I think the baby has dropped but I'm not 100% sure. The hubby says I look like I am carrying the baby lower. I am so large it is hard to palpate different baby body parts but last night in bed I was trying and I think I could feel his bottom about half way down. I have been having less heartburn too and not feeling as full when I eat. Right at this moment I have gained 44 lbs which is a lot more than what I was hoping for but I think a lot of it is water because my feet and hands are so swollen. Plus if the baby is as big as what they think then a lot of it will be baby, placenta etc etc. I'm not going to obsess over it, I'm well beyond that. Just for you new ladies, keep up with your exercise is the best advice I have!!

Sara - it would be so funny if we delivered on the same day! I see the dr on tues if i haven't delivered by then and I will beg her to induce me. She had sort of mentioned before that because of my size she wouldn't let me go past my due date which officially is the 6th. So maybe if I see her on the 4th she will schedule for the 6th or 7th for induction. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Geneve - Well the countdown is on! glad to hear the nursery is getting there. I'm almost sad that we are all down with ours as it gives me less to do! Now I just feel like I am hanging around waiting for labour to start and it has been a long wait. I'll bet you are glad the boys are back in school. They are talking about having year round school up here, I don't know how well that would go over though.

Keep well everyone.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:48 AM   #2  

Jen -- Are you being induced?!?!?!?!?

I am still here and STILL no baby! I was just sure I would have delivered by now...sigh... I have been in such a terribly bad mood these last few days. My Mom has arrived and everything is in place. Now it's just the waiting. I've been having "false" labor for over a week now. I'll have contractions 5 min. apart or so and think, "this is it!" but then after about 3-4 hours they go away.

Only a few more days until I'm scheduled to be induced. I had really wanted to go into labor on my own, but at least it feels good knowing the baby will be here soon!

Jen, I wouldn't stress too much about the weight gain. Each woman's body is different in how they gain weight in pregnancy.

Sara
EDD 9/08
Old 09-06-2001, 11:57 AM   #3  
Jen

Well today is my due date and still no baby! I am so tired of waiting, I am so uncomfortable it takes superhuman effort to get out of bed these past few days.

Sara, no I am not being induced yet. I had a dr's appt on tues, my cervix is soft but otherwise nothing has moved. The baby has dropped a bit but not all the way. My dr is sending me for an ultrasound today and then I see her tomorrow. she said on tues that she usually waits a week after the due date to induce but maybe if the baby is really large she will induce me sooner. That is what I am hoping anyway. I know what you mean about being in a bad mood. My mom has been phoning every day and it is driving me nuts. Last night she said something about me being cranky and not taking a joke and I told her that I don't enjoy having to heave myself over to the phone and then being made fun of. Thank goodness she isn't coming to see me while I am in the hospital (whenever that may be) unless it is on the weekend because of her work. That is just one more thing I need to be stressing about, having my mother there while I am in labour. I know she means well but I just know she would be saying, just get an epidural, every five minutes. Oh well, if they do induce me it probably won't be over the weekend and at this rate I am not going into labour any time soon. Well the next time you write Sara you'll probably have had your baby. All the best, good luck with the labour and delivery, hope everything goes smoothly. Take care.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:28 PM   #4  

Oh, Jen, hang in there honey! I can totally relate to your feelings! My first was several days overdue. I know each day feels like forever! But you'll be in labor before you know it.

Well, this is it for me ladies. I go in tomorrow night at 9:00 pm to begin the induction. I can't believe it! It seems so unreal. I am excited/nervous/wow!!!!

I'll write again as soon as we get home.

Love,
Sara
Old 09-07-2001, 03:29 PM   #5  

Sara and Jen - I am sending many "good labor thoughts" your way. Hope all goes well for you both. I can't wait to read your stories.

We are doing well here. Nursing really does help take off the weight quicker. I have not rejoined WW but I know certain clothes are fitting again. I am just watching what goes in my mouth and keeping track of it. I am just not motivated yet to join WW and go to the meetings yet.

Be well everyone.
Old 09-07-2001, 05:26 PM   #6  
Jen

Hi all. had my ultrasound yesterday, I got me a big, big baby! By their calculations he weighs around 9.5 lbs give or take a pound. apparently at term the scans can be off because they can't get accurate measurements. No change in my cervix since Tues but she did an internal and I've had a bit of bleeding this afternoon so maybe that helped it along a bit. Keep your fingers crossed.

Sara - I am so envious!!!! You'll be having your baby so soon. Good luck and best wishes. Let us know as soon as you are up to putting your baby down for a minute to log onto the computer.

bensmom - glad to hear you are dropping some of that weight. I've gained 44 lbs overall, well at least I know where 9.5 of it is already, it gives me hope that a lot of that 44 will be gone after delivery.

Take care all.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:33 PM   #7  

Jen, I'm sending some labor thoughts your way. Hopefull the little bugger will give you some relief and come make his/her entrance.

Sara, I'm sending you easy labor vibes. Actually, I'm sending you lots of epidural vibes!!! Hope everything goes well for you and I hope your already holding your beautiful baby in your arms!

Just giving you an update on me. I had my 20 wk appt today. We're having a boy!!! I am sooooooo shocked. I was convinced that I was having another girl. I'm still in a daze. Most importantly, the baby looked great and everything appears normal. As of today I'm up 8 lbs which I'm pleased with. So far if I keep on this path, I'll have a reasonable gain. But who knows when those pregnancy cravings/hunger sets in anything goes!

Oh, I forget who asked about breast pumps. A friend of mine is raving about the Avent system. So that is something I might consider. I'd like to combine breastfeeding with a few bottles. But, I'm still on the fence about this.

Anyways...I won't ramble anylonger.

Take care all.

Ann
EDD 1/31/02
Old 09-10-2001, 01:27 PM   #8  
Jen

Hi all. Still no baby. I've got an appt with an OB this afternoon and hopefully I will be induced tomorrow. Hope everyone is well. Take care.
Old 09-10-2001, 03:41 PM   #9  

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josiah Arthur Borgstede arrived at 8:09 PM on Friday, Sept. 7th. Everything went well and he is perfect! He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and is 20 inches long. I went in for a check-up on Friday morning and I was already dilated to 3 cm (hooray -- all that "false" labor was working!), so she decided to go ahead and check me in right away to start the induction. We arrived at the hospital around 1:00 and they started the pitocin around 2:15. So I only had about 6 hours of labor! I would say it was more intense being induced, but really not that much more painful than "natural" labor. I did have a "light" epidural (I could still feel all the pressure to push -- it worked out great) about an hour before he was born.

He's a beautiful baby...big blue eyes and so alert...feeding is going well too...he has a great personality...we couldn't be more blessed!

Jen -- I hope you go into labor or are induced VERY soon! I feel for you so much -- those last couple weeks about did me in! I will be praying that regardless when or how you have a great delivery and Mom and baby are safe and healthy.

Sara
Old 09-11-2001, 01:04 PM   #10  
Jen

Oh Sara, I'm so happy to hear about your baby!!! Thank goodness everything went well and both of you are happy and healthy. Unfortunately I was not induced today, I am going in tomorrow for the gel and then into the hospital on Thursday for the IV induction. If I have a boy his middle name will be Arthur as well. Did you already have that picked or was that spur of the moment?

Big goings on in the world today, I really can't get my mind around everything that has been going on. I've been in front of the tv most of the day, it is so scary, the world has definately changed today for everyone.
Old 09-13-2001, 10:54 AM   #11  

Hi Girls
Sorry that I have been so sporatic these days. I do lurk and read a lot but I haven't had the energy to post.

Congrats again Sara! Can you believe that you have a new baby? It seems like we were just in the first trimester and here we are! (Of course, I am still a lady in waiting - but that's okay!)

Hi Jen!
Well, you must be a the hospital getting induced at this point. I am sending you a prayer and well wishes for a beautiful birth! I highly recommend to limit your TV viewing if you find yourself overly disturbed. I've had several crying spells watching the tradgedy unfold. I totally agree that this is the most disturbing news while we are here bringing our babies into the world. We need to try to focus on the positives as much as we can, and continue to pray for peace in our world. God is always with us, remember that - and God will take care of us if we ask for help.

My news:
I am now in my 38th week. I had my ultrasound on Tuesday as well as went in to see my doc. Bellybean is currently weighing about 7 lbs. and 7 oz. right now and is looking healthy. I'll have an internal next time to see where I am. I will not be a candidate for being induced, so we are going to see where things are going. My doc and I agreed that we would go no farther that October 2nd -so, if I am not in labor by then, I will have a scheduled C-Section on that day. I will be a day shy of 41 weeks. Hopefully, I will get mybody to go into labor on it's own.

I'll keep you all updated.

God Bless you all

Love,
Scully and Bellybean
Old 09-15-2001, 03:25 PM   #12  

Hello friends! Just a quick note here between feedings...we are still doing very well. Joey is a great baby! I am so blessed! I am a little nervous about how I will cope once my Mom leaves -- 3 kids all by myself, ahhh!!!

It's hard not to feel totally self-conscious about my post-p body right now. I still look about 4-5 months pg and so flabby it's unreal! My 3 year old asked if I had another baby in there. *sigh* I know it's only been a week but it's still depressing. When I was pg it was easier to handle -- I had a good reason to be "fat" -- suddenly my good reason is gone! I am dreading it and anxious at the same time to start WW again. I had said I would go back at 6 weeks but now I am thinking I might start back around 4. Not sure, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Jen -- I've been thinking about you often!!!!! Can't wait to hear your birth story!

Blessings,
Sara
Old 09-20-2001, 12:00 PM   #13  
Jen

hi all. just a quick post to let you know that i had the baby fri nite at 253am by c-section. drake arthur, 9lbs 4 1/2 oz. came home sun. has been rough but is slowly settling. more later.
Old 09-20-2001, 05:48 PM   #14  

Jen -- Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear the whole birth story when you have a few minutes. Welcome, Drake, into the world!

How is everyone else doing? I am doing well, recovering. Not getting much sleep, but that's to be expected. Unfortunately I am still eating as if I were pg -- I need to get my little fanny back to WW soon or I will be at my pregnancy weight again pretty quick!

Sara

Josiah Arthur born 9/7/01
Old 09-20-2001, 07:59 PM   #15  

Question May I join you?

Hi there... Would you mind if I joined you? I read through your thread, and it looks like several of you have had your babies - congratulations! I recently (8-28-01) had my first baby, Megan, and I'm looking for support in trying to get in shape. My baby was 8 pounds, 9 ounces, and she is a joy (although I've never been so tired in my life!).

When I found out that I was pregnant, I was 221, the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I gained 29 pounds with my pregnancy,l which my doctor was happy about.

I planned to breastfeed, but my little one didn't want to cooperate. My sister is a lactation consultant/nurse - even with her help, we weren't able to get our act together. Anyway, for the first three weeks I pumped my milk into bottles, and fed that to her, along with supplementary formula bottles, while I continued to try to breastfeed her. I finally decided a day or two ago to just switch her to formula (I was spending WAY too much time pumping).

Anyway, I think the pumping/breastfeeding helped, because I've been able to lose most of the weight without really trying. I'm down to 224.5 right now. I'm hoping a few more pounds drop in the next week or so. I really need to lose a lot more. I'm only 5'4", and this weight is ALOT for my frame. Even though I've dropped most of the pregnancy weight, 221 looks SO different on me now than it did before the baby - my body looks SO different - I have such a huge gut, and so much extra skin around my belly. I haven't even tried to get into my pre-pregnant jeans, even though I've lost the weight - there is no way all of that extra stuff is going to fit into a pair of "real" jeans. And I'm sick to death of maternity clothes!!!

I know we're supposed to wait until 6 weeks post-partum before starting a diet/exercise plan, but I'm getting antsy. What are you all planning to do to lose the weight? I've heard good things about weight watchers, but I don't know any of the details of the plans. I've started walking with her and DH each night, but only little tiny walks - I still have a little bit of pain from my c-section incision. I'd love to hear what any of the rest of you are doing.

Well, I hope you won't mind if I join in...

Thanks,
Sue

Closed Thread