General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #1  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Default Why do I feel guilty

For having a good time?

I went to a wedding yesterday (my BF's side), and had a bit too much to drink. I was pretty tipsy, yes, but not falling over, slurring my words, vomiting drunk, ...I was dancing up a storm, chatting to the bride and groom, chatting with members of my BF's family, laughing and having a good time...this was probably the first time his parents have seen me this tipsy...my BF said I was NOT embassing or anthing...I mean the worst that is going to happen is my BF's parents crack a few jokes about it...

so then why do I feel so guilty for having a good time?

I don't get myself sometimes!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #2  
Dare to Dream

S/C/G: 130/130/117

Height: 5'2 1/2

maybe you feel guilty because his family really has not seen that side of you and you are not sure how they will take it. I am sure if you had done something to offend someone or crossed the line, someone would have said something to you or your boyfriend. If all you were doing was having a good time like you said, then I don't think you have anthing to worry about...
Old 07-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

Don't worry. I got drunk in front of my best (guy) friend's mother...drunk to vomiting...yeah. She thought it was funny, but I felt so bad about it. I'll never get that drunk again!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #4  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

It happens to the best of us. Don't sweat it.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #5  

Lightbulb

Well my dear, as long as you were being appropriate and having fun... why the guilt?

Ask yourself this question.... Why is there alcohol provided at weddings? Solely for the flavor?

In my opinion it is not to get fall down drunk, but to be available to settle nerves, and loosen people up for socialization with people they don't know very well--- so that they can dance and interact without being uptight or too shy. Some people do not drink, that is cool, but it was an acceptable practice on this occasion and it worked!!! You spoke to poeple, danced, and did what they wanted you to do- have fun!!!

No worries.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:14 PM   #6  

I've been there... ruined new years by vomitting everywhere. I was soooo embarassed... but I got over it. Haha had to come back the next day and scrub carpet.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure no one is judging you, and I'm sure you didn't ruin the bride and grooms day. Now if you were falling over and crashing into things, that might be another story. Like a pp mentioned... we've all been there... it will be a funny story for years to come. I've yet been able to get my friends to forget my new years experience. It's a laugh... and a lesson learned!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

I feel a little better myself now, Linds... At least I made it to the toilet. Actually, I was pretty proud of myself for making it to the toilet.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:22 AM   #8  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

I think many people have been in that situation...you are definetly not alone.
If your BF said you did not embaress him or yourself, that should put your fears to rest
Old 07-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think it's natural to feel a little guilt or embarassment over (I mean it's not something you want to do every day or be known for), but it's definitely not something you should still be thinking about, especially since it sounds like everyone else had no worse than perhaps a bit of amusement over.
Closed Thread