Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2006, 12:09 PM   #1  
cakinqueen

S/C/G: 295/278/185

Height: 5"5

Default New here..sad and depressed!

Hello everyone,
I am 32 years old. A year and a half ago I weighed 297 lbs. I signed up for the breast cancer 3 day walk and with trainign I lost47lbs. I haven't been 250 since my wedding 13 years ago. I was so excited and survived the walk. I signed up for this years walk in Oct. However some where along the way I lost my motivation. I am supposed to be walking 10 miles today for training and haven't prepared for any let alone 10. I am so angry that I let myself go so awfully. My husband tries to help me and I end up yelling at him. We are both overweight. He used to be 321 and got down to 189 (he did it by eating way too little and exercising way too much) He is now around 230. So support here isn't the problem. I have talked to a therapist and that hasn't helped either. I htought maybe someone here might have a word of wisdom to crack me on the but and get moving. I must mention I don't eat veggies. I only eat carrots, green beans or corn. I am a breadaholic also.
cakinqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

maybe you should try mini goals. when i focus on my ultimate goal i find that it is totally overwhelming and i end up not being able to maintain my motivation. this thread is great for keeping motivated to make changes. everyone challenges themselves to do something for 21 days. you might take a look.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=89494

trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #3  

There's so much help here. We have a Veggie Challenged thread, if your feeling brave!!! There's exercise threads. The 100lb Club (my personal favourite), all sorts of people here who have lost, gained and lost again.

Keeping motivation is hard. SO a lot of times for me it's not about motivation. It's determination and commitment. There are days when eating a bag of fudge is much more appealing than going to the gym. There are days when going to the beach is more appealing than work. So just like I always choose work over the beach, I have to work at picking the gym over the fudge, whether I want to or not!

Sometimes, the ones closest to us aren't the best source of support. Especially if he lost weight unhealthily and now is battling with similar esteem issues as you.

I've got a half marathon in October and I'm stressed about it too, so keep up the good work, and I will too! It's not to late for you to get in shape for your walk and be able to do the distance!

Glad you found us, and PM me any time if you need to holler, or you need me to boot your bottom!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/271.5/175

I agree with the mini goals, but I also I think support outside of the house helps. When I am on this site on a regular basis it truly helps. There are loads of support systems, depends on what works for you, or you have buddy up thoguh private messages and IMs (feel free to reach out to me if you need anything one on one and I can try to help or be a sounding board).

As for low veggie intake and being a bread a holic; keep track of your calories. I write down everything I put in my mouth; it keeps me honest and on track. I have a calorie range instead or a number. This way if I have a high day I know I need a low day soon.

I joined a gym recently because it is what is best for me right now for a lot of different reasons. I know it sounds corny, but think of what is right for you. Is it walking with your husband, joining a gym, walking at lunch with co workers, readjusting your training scheduel and trust yourself with your decision. You have to do it for you and you alone so you need to be happy with whatever you decide.

Take care and good luck.

Erin
125less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #5  
cakinqueen

S/C/G: 295/278/185

Height: 5"5

thanks for your feedback I will take you up on your offers when needed. I do have a gym membership and it's quite dusty haven't used in a while. But looking around on here is making me get off my butt after dinner and walk. I will keep in touch and thanks again.
cakinqueen is offline   Reply With Quote