Old 07-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Default There are ups and downs

For the most part things have been terrific with how I feel and how things are going. However today is another story. I ate well for brkfast however, dinner and supper didn't go that way. I ate at McD's for dinner and it was a dinner and supper combined. My bf says how he'll support me and he does ok at it but today wasn't one of those days. He wanted to go to a truck pull (it's a man thing) and I didn't really want to go for several reasons, one big one was I would have a hard time eating every 2-3 hrs and be healthy. Packing a lunch is the best way to do it but then we woke up late. We were on the road with our 3 y/o an hour later, I ate boiled egg yolks and cucumber and tomato and an apple, all of which are on my diet. Snack was walnuts, did that but then I didn't have time to prepare anthing else so at 3 pm when we left we went to mcd's. I got a grilled breast burger, full of sodium, and a salad, just iceburg lettuce and 2 cherry tomatoes with no dressing ( heaven forbid I eat that dressing). Lots of water b/c it was hot today. So my diet today is blown. When I get weighed monday, I doubt we'll see much difference with all the salt and probably all the fat. How bad do you think that chicken burger was??? It wasn't breaded?? I don't know, I just feel so guilty and discouraged b/c I was doing so good. I was strict and dedicated and doing so great. I'm so disappointed in myself. My bf just said let it go, it's one day!!!! One day can so easily turn into 2 days and I don't want to do that. I feel like I'm finally in control.......well really I guess I'm not if I didn't eat properly today. I know I'm being hard on myself but I just want to lose the weight this time and have it gone forever. I want to feel normal and wear regular clothes and feel pretty. Does anyone hear what I'm saying???

Thank you all for being my shoulder to cry on!!!!!

Robin
medic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/178/120

Height: 5'1"

Default don't worry

Hey, sounds like you're doing great. Don't beat yourself up. Besides, we all have to deal with those times when we can't stay on the plan or a schedule and have to eat out. You made good choices and that's what will keep you going in the long run. So stay positive and look forward to meeting your goals tomorrow!
spitfire1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

I don't think it sounds like you wrecked your diet at all. Wrecking your diet at McD's would, to me, involve a huge beefy cheesy sandwich and fries. You got a salad (saving yourself hundreds of calories and getting those veggies in), and your grilled chicken breast sandwich probably had 420 calories, according to McD's web site.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #4  
On My Way

S/C/G: 270/214/135

Height: 5'2"

You made good choices on a hard day. The sodium may make you retain a little water but that is temporary. Did you do a lot of walking? In my experience any "man thing" usually is at a place where you have to park and walk and lots of water will help also. Was it any fun?
Finding Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the others, it sounds to me like you made great choices given your circumstances. It was better to eat at McDonald's and pick something healthier than to not eat at all, you got a grilled sandwich, not deep fried or breaded, and a salad with no dressing which is next to no calories. You drank your water, so unless you have a serious problem with retaining water when you eat too much sodium it sounds to me like you did great! I am doing Weight Watchers and eat what I want while staying in my points range, I do make healthier choices, but I also have not so healthy things at times, to me being able to have a treat once in awhile while staying within my points range makes it livable for me. Tonight I had a petite cheeseburger (with one slice of cheese instead of two) and french fries from Red Robin (I only ate about 1/2 of the fries but counted the points for the whole meal anyway). And was within my points for the day without even using any flex points because I had low calorie, healthier choices the rest of the day. Don't beat yourself up when it sounds to me like you did good in a less than ideal situation.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone, I hope I'm not the type to retain water!!! We'll see tomorrow. looking back I do realize it could have been worse, but I tell ya I've been right on so it broke my heart to break down like that. I have a certain diet written out and I follow it to the letter, nothing more or less. I feel like I'm in control that way and I'm getting addicted to being in control....of my eating. I'm not controlling in general so this feels good to take something that is mine and enjoy it all the way. You all are a breath of fresh air to me. I work with mainly men, at home there's DH and stepson of 3 yrs and not a lot of female friends so it's nice to come here and get the support you all have given me.
Today of course was a much better day, I did run out of fruit and here in my rural town there aren't stores open to grab groceries so tomorrow I'll shop for another weeks worth.
I really enjoy all the success stories everyone writes, keep it up!!!
medic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hang in there Medic, you're doing fine!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:34 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

You haven't blown it at all! You did really well under the circumstances. Pat yourself on the back now!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote