South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #1  

Default Stores for Lo Carb Goodies

Hi - any recommendations on good buys for the SF syrups and the like? I used to use a nice site called Alacarb but I think they are out of business.

I tried to buy a bottle of SF Vanilla syrup in Starbucks (had a gift card) but they wanted 12.50 for it - I think I have seen the DaVinci for 7.50.

Thanks....Sue
Old 07-18-2006, 12:58 PM   #2  

I normally buy DaVinci or Torani SF syrups at World Marketplace. They have the best selection in my area and sell the big bottles. TJ Maxx and Ross also have them sometimes. The grocery stores sell small bottles that are overpriced.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #3  

I just bought a large bottle of SF Vanilla syrup today at Super Wal Mart - don't know how much it cost though. They had a large bottle of SF Hazelnut too, and small bottles of SF Kahluha, Vanilla, and Caramel.

It is in the coffee aisle.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #4  

Default Thanks.

I will give Walmart a spin. I don't know if I have a World Marketplace near me.
THx Again...Stay cool!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

InLimbo, I do well, sometimes, at TJ Maxx (Ross, HomeSpace, etc...any store that sells discounted designer items and has housewares, too). Usually around $5 for DaVinci syrups. I've tried non-name brands and they are usually very weak in taste and sweetness.

I do extremely well, when I can't get them at TJ Maxx, by getting my syrups (and other items, usually Eat Well, Be Well things...) at www.netrition.com I can't say enough good things about them. The bottles arrive in a huge cardboard box lined with 2" thick styrofoam on every side, and cardboard dividers between the bottles. I've never had a broken one. They ship chocolate in the summer with ice packs (it's an extra charge...think it might be $3?), and they ship quickly. I live near them, so I get my items the next day! They send you a free t-shirt/tank/water bottle/etc. of your choice if you spend over a certain amount...not sure what the amount is, but I've had the offer every time. They've basically made up most of my gym wear at this point!

Good luck! I love working with syrups...they are so versatile and helpful!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #6  

Thanks Laurie!!! I have several TJMaxx, Home Goods and Marshalls near me - will hit them when I can on the weekend.

Thanks for the site too. Cheers.....Sue
Closed Thread