Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #1  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Question Visualising your goal?

Ok, here I go again....I know I should learn at the moment, but i am lost in strange thoughts.

At the moment, I am for some weird reasons interested in all those motivation- things Profi- athletes use (maybe wachting so much soccer was a bad idea). And you always hear one thing: you have to visualize your goal. For athletes that means: running very fast, getting the cup, shooting a goal- whatever.
For me at the moment it would be visualizing me- in a thin version.

Does anyone tried that as well? Imagine how you would look with your goal weight? How you would walk, talk, behave in certain situations? Or how you would dress?

I tried and tried...I have to admit that it motivates me a bit and helps me to fight my binge beast sometimes, but I have a hard time imagening how I would look like 30 pounds lighter. The last time I had that weight was more than 12 years ago, I fear....

Any experiences?

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:23 PM   #2  
Nut Gatherer

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'4"

For me, it's easy - I WAS my goal weight 2 years ago. Now I miss being skinny, loving going shopping and having size 6's fit without trying them on, and feeling good about myself overall. I miss it, and that's my motivation - to get it back.
SkinnySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I do it all the time......I also have these itty bitty shorts (size 12 LOL) out just hanging on my closet door that I see every morning as my motivation to stay on track.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #4  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

I like to surf the net for clothes I'll buy when I've reached goal and paste them into a file I have. I enjoy looking at it when I feel the beast rising.

I used to do the clothes on the closet door thing too. I need to do it again. I had the outfit that I was wearing when I met my husband. Jeez it's little!
ScooterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

I have this great pair of pants that I bought at a thrift store. They're tiny and Italian and wonderful. I was soooooo close a year ago and then I started eating everything I saw!...I need to bring them back out again! Thanks for the idea!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #6  

It's been so long since I've been anywhere near thin I can't imagine what I will look like. I do visualize being able to take off running or going to an amusement park and riding the rides or walking down the beach and not feeling so embarrassed.
newsnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #7  
On my way...

I read your posts and thought: Hey, I am bringing out my first measurement jeans! Unfortunately it was the wrong signal for my little cat- mummys jeans are no toy! Anyway....

I have a hard time imagining how I would look like thinner. The lowest weight I can remember was 140 pounds- but I had a very massive chest then, so it would look completely different now....

Sometimes I look at women in magazines etc and think: Oh, thatīs a nice shape! My goal is too look like that! But maybe thatīs unhealthy- but I am not looking at those very skinny model types.

But I know what I want to be able to wear when I reach my goal someday: I want a pair of dark blue jeans with a belt and one of the Girlie T- Shirts. Oh yes!

Kate
Old 07-20-2006, 10:01 AM   #8  

I sure do..I remember how it was just 10 yrs ago...i was a perfect size and did not appreciate it! i also visualize it when I am at the gym and I want to slack off I think of how even more fabulous I will be if I keep going and not slack off…it works to, for me…
destinationbride07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

When I need to visualize my goal or remind myself why I say no to the food, I look at Jessica Alba.

She's not one of those skinny model types...she's fit & healthy and she has an absolutely gorgeous body!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

I don't know. I think I weighed 150 when I was maybe in the 4th grade or something like that. I don't have any frame of reference to picture myself that weight so I've never used that as a method.
lewelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 AM   #11  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

Lol. I am constantly looking in the mirror now completely excited about how I will look at my goal and all the clothes I will be able to wear. I can fit in some XL things alreadly, when last year it was 4X. I just imagine what it will be like to wear whatever I want and not have to head over to the plus sized section of stores.
snuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:35 AM   #12  

The last time I was near a healthy weight I was dancing a lot and surrounded by little skinny dancers so I never appreciated it!

Sometimes when I'm out I try to pick out other women who have my basic body shape (sturdy, long legs/short torso, smallish hips and big bust) to see what I personally have a chance at looking like when I'm that size. Looking at magazines doesn't help because there's no way I can change the way I'm built!
Flying Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:49 AM   #13  
On my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Betty
Sometimes when I'm out I try to pick out other women who have my basic body shape (sturdy, long legs/short torso, smallish hips and big bust) to see what I personally have a chance at looking like when I'm that size.
Upps, I donīt even have a clue about my basic body shape! Not good...
All I can say is that I guess I am never be really petite
Old 08-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

I have a different problem...I still envision myself as being slim. So when I look in the mirror, I get a heck of a shock.
It makes things tricky when I'm shopping, because I'll pick up something that would have fit me in the past (jeans with a 28 inch waist?), and I can't figure out where all the fat came from.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 175/158/140

Height: 5'7

I have a closet full of clothes I bought years ago when I thought I was fat (!!!), weighed 145 lbs and was beating myself up for not weighing 130. When I want to motivate myself now I try on some of those outfits. Not there yet, but moving along
moonbeam65 is offline   Reply With Quote