Old 07-15-2006, 01:29 PM   #1  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 315/262/155

Height: 5'7"

Red face Newbie to 30-Somethings & 3FC

Hi all,

I am pretty new to 3FC boards and I am really trying to get involved in the Forums - I'm having a hard time because I spend all day writing emails and I don't really feel like it when I'm not working, but I really want to participate & meet you wonderful & inspiring ladies! So I am going to try really hard!

A bit about me: I'm 37, soon-to-be divorcing, no kids, I work full-time as a consultant in IT. I started my diet on 6/12/2006 - the 3rd anniversary of the marriage I am about to end - and I am so proud of myself for starting a diet to begin with and staying on it for more than 3 days. When I started I had finally tipped the scales at just over 300 lbs. I have my friend & co-worker to thank for getting me to try Diet To Your Door... we both started it together. Now I am the one who is off and running and she, unfortunately, is having to put the program on hold for some other issues going on in her life. Luckily - and amazingly - I am gung-ho to stick with it. It's so easy (for me) that it's really not like being on a diet - well not like I remember from my last diet 15 years ago! LOL

Anyway, I guess my 30's finally hit me and I didn't want to spend the rest of my life as a fat person. I had never thought of myself that way, until the last 30 lb gain about 9 months ago. For the first time I was so physically uncomfortable that I stopped moving as much as possible - suddenly, in my mind, I was no longer attractive - I felt "gross". But now I am on my way - it will be a long road (goal date is 11/16/2007!) - but I am committed.

So I hope I get to know you guys - I am going to try very hard to post regularly. I need some new dieting buddies to keep me posting!

~Robbie
lotusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the board!! I look forward to getting to know you. I am Melody, I'm 38, divorced (would be celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary this coming December, but we've been divorced 2 years now and he's already divorced a second time), have 3 children...a 15 year old son, an 8 year old daughter, and a 5 year old son. I work as a Registered Nurse with the Mentally Ill, and my starting weight was the weight you are at now. I started my diet the beginning of April 2006, did the first several months on my own and then a week and a half ago joined Weight Watchers which I have loved so far. My goal date is my 40th Birthday January 19, 2008 but no matter what I know that even if I have not met my goal by that date I will probably be close if I just stick with it. Grats on what you've accomplished so far, and I hope to see you around here often!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:35 AM   #3  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi lotus/Robbie

Nice to see you here. I'm 37 today and just got married last year, my first and hopefully only time (these days, the stats are against you).

Really sorry to hear that you are in the process of divorce, but glad that you're doing something positive to keep yourself busy and positive. Nothing better than losing weight when you're in the 'break up' times. You will start melting away and probably quicker than the rest of us, having that male stuff on your side.

I do a lot of typing during my work hours too, so I know what you mean! Typing to me now is like my second language. I don't even think of the keys I'm hitting as I type. My fingers do get tired and the carpel tunnel kicks in now and then haha.

Really good to hear that your diet plan is taking off for you and that you are happy with it! They don't offer that service here where I live, being on an island. Good thing it works for you, and you don't have to cook! ( I assume that's what you meant by diet to your door)

Anytime you need inspiration, just drop in and say hello!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #4  
Registered Loser

Melody - thanks for the post! It sounds like you are doing really well! Yep, the end of my 30s was definitely one of the biggest incentives to lose weight. Your 40th b-day is a great goal date. Hopefully I will be 1+ year in maintenance mode by my 40th - because I'm buying myself a tummy tuck! I can tell already that I am going to have that loose skin in my lower abdomen :-(

Angie - Tee hee hee! - I'm not male, I just have a boy's name - or nickname rather (Robbie is short for Roberta). I WISH I had the advantage of a male metabolism, but then I never would have gotten to 315 lbs. in the first place! ;-)

Actually Diet To Your Door is a diet plan that 3FC reviewed here on the site. The food is already prepared but it is vacuum sealed then flash frozen and delivered by UPS. The only cooking is reheating of things, but with no kids and working up to 60 hours a week, this is perfect for my lifestyle. Amazingly enough, through tracking my foods and meals on FitDay software I am also learning where my calories, fats, carbs & proteins come from - so that my weight loss comes from a permanent change to my diet and an awareness of my food intake.

I'm really glad to meet both of y'all and I look forward to chatting more with you soon!

~Robbie
Old 07-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #5  
Registered Loser

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE! 37 is the best age in the world! ;-)

~R.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Robbie!

And Happy Birthday Angie!! I'm a day after you and a year ahead of you!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #7  
I'm on the wagon

lotusblossom,

OOOOPS I'm so sorry I thought you were male.. I should have clued in to the fact, since you have a flower as your avatar? haha WELLL then.. now it all makes sense haha

Re the diet to your door thing - I am glad it works for you! I might have considered trying it out, though like I said, they don't offer that service here where I am. I am in Canada. American services/deliveries don't come here, unless you pay twice the cost, at least. It's really a nightmare. It's REALLY double the nightmare if anything comes here by UPS.

They do have a couple of similar services in Toronto and Vancouver, but I live on an island off the coast of Vancouver, so.. no delivery this far. No biggie, I'm learning how to make my own dinners that I really only have to do any major cooking every couple of days. I cook some chicken up for about 3 days and that's my sandwich/salad stuff mostly done.

LBH - then I suppose this means your birthday is tomorrow!
Happy Birthday to you! Boy there seems to be a lot with birthdays this month!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #8  

Happy Birthday Angie and LBH!! And thanks Robbie, i have a friend who goes by Robbie too and her name is Roberta.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #9  
I'm on the wagon

Thanks Melody for the birthday wishes
Old 07-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/171/130

Height: 5'3

I been bad......lol I weighed again today and I lost anouther 14 oz. why ounces and never a pound.........but hey I'll take what I can get. My hubby was suppose to take the scales with him to work so I cant weigh in everyday. I think weighing in once a week would be sufficient. So I am going to try and resist and weigh in again next mon. Hoping the weight just keeps falling off. My goal date is sept 15. But I wont stress it if I dont. I will be close to my goal and that will be wonderful. I am feeling so much better about myself. I start my new job on monday and It just seems that finally things are coming together for us. My husband is great and very supportive. As are my kids. I truely feel blessed.
pamela_05too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #11  

Grats on the 14oz Pamela, I had to throw my scales at home away because I cannot resist weighing on them everyday if they are here and I get discouraged, once a week is plenty for me, and sometimes I think I should only weigh once every other week. But my scales weren't very good anyway, when I get to my goal weight I will buy another one so that I can maintain easier, until then I'm keeping them out of my house. 40 more pounds by Sept 15th is a lot to lose in such a short amount of time, but like you said, no matter where you are by then you will feel better than you do now!!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #12  
I'm on the wagon

I weigh every day but I'm still just starting out. Maybe I'll let go of that after a while. I just want to keep all of my stuff charted so I can see where I am doing right or wrong.

Pamela... any movement on the scale in the right direction is good. You're doing good so far, I think!