Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default What's your routine?

I can't belong to a gym--too far away, too expensive, too many people who freak me out. My treadmill, recumbent bike, and weight bench are in storage. I want to make an exercise routine that I can follow that will give me a good workout and prevent boredom.

I have some videos, which I've added to recently because the one I had couldn't keep my interest more than one day a week. In another thread, someone recommended I get a mini trampoline, which sounds really fun to me, so I might add that because I think it could fit in this matchbox I'm living in.

So, what is your routine? How many days? What activities? Where?
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'10"

I just started adding excercise in reguarly - But I signed up to try the push tv thing (you can find promotions all over the web sight). I really like it so far (its been just over a week) and I really like the fact that I can feel myself progressing - I started at beginner level so for two weeks I do one workout 3 times a week (they are 40 mins) then there is a second workout I do for the next two weeks - than you get another dvd every mth - so I don't get bored.
I've also always like leslie sansone's tapes you don't need a whole lot of room to do them - the only thing is her dialoge gets very old after a few rounds - but than you just turn the volume down and put decent music on to keep you motivated.
SO anyway to answer your real question I do push tv 3 times a week and try to walk outside with my daughter and dog on those days (we walk unitl she gets craby - somedays 5 mins some days 50) three days I try to do a 30 -40 mins of a cardio workout (leslie) and the seventh day I REST!
Hope I helped a little - the mini tramp sounds like fun - but I've had a few issues with the bladder if you know what I mean since having children - and a tramp does not help that situation

Last edited by EviesMommy; 07-14-2006 at 09:22 PM.
EviesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

I have the Walk Away the Pounds 4 mile superchallenge. That's the one that's boring. I just got "The Biggest Winner" Cardio Kickboxing video that I'm going to try. Another recent addition is a dance video from Prevention Magazine. Maybe I'll spend one day dancing to the sirius stations on dishnetwork. Kritie Ally claims that's how she's lost all her weight.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:08 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I want to get a mini tramp. Picked up one at Wal-Mart but it was messed up and figured I'd hold out until I could afford a better one. But I have a Strider from Wal-Mart. Takes up about as much space as a mini tramp. Sort of a mini elliptical, but not. LOL You just step onto it and kinda...well...stride. You can slide it into a closet or under a bed if it's high enough...under an end table even.

During the summer, I hit the park and run/walk about 5 miles each day. I also go to Curves several times a week. When the weather is bad, I do Curves, or my stair stepper, or my strider, workout on my body ball, or do a WATP video, or a combination of those.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:11 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesMommy
I've also always like leslie sansone's tapes you don't need a whole lot of room to do them - the only thing is her dialoge gets very old after a few rounds - but than you just turn the volume down and put decent music on to keep you motivated.
I just make a game of it. I try to say what she's going to say a split second before she says it. Just to see if I've done her video enough that I've memorized her entire dialogue yet or if it still needs work.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 PM   #6  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Suggestion...check out the possibility of rec centers. My husband and I joined the one near us and it's a whopping $5.42 a month. Just a thought.
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #7  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Kate!

I used to walk outside but discovered that my body was getting too used to it and I wasn't losing any more weight. Next I read that I needed to up my intensity as well as add weights and flexibility to round out my program.

I LOVE exercise videos because I can do them anytime, and weather is never an issue. I mix it up between walking with Leslie Sansone (4 mile super challenge and her Walkblaster program). Denise Austin and Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam are also a part of my routine. I like "Power Yoga" with Anthony Carillo and also "The Biggest Loser" and Jillian Michael's DVDs, too.

I go to my library to get others.

I have never worked out at a gym. I bought dumbbells (3s, 5s, 8s, and 10s) and use them with various workouts that I have. I really like doing different routines so that I don't get bored. Also, my body never gets used to one routine because I keep mixing things up. I've lost 50 pounds and have 50 more to go. My current goal is to reach 199. I haven't seen ONEderland since the late seventies!!!!

Good luck on your weight loss plan!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I started by walking too. It's still my favourite. But I've learned to appreciate some jogging and weights and TV aerobic shows etc. But I can get kinda scattered.
So I started reading books out of the library and am enthralled with Body for Life for Women by Pamela Peeke. 30 minutes of cardio one day and 30 minutes of weights the next and you take Sunday off.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote