UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #1  

Default Stretch Mark cream that works....

HELPFUL TIP:
-------------

Palmers massage cream.. Its the one that says its for tightening skin after weight loss and pregnancy and helps stretch marked skin...
IT WORKS!!! Dont get too excited, its no miracle cream... but i have seen a very noticable improvement!
Ive heard a lot of people say it doesnt really work, i think the key is to use it a LOT... I been applying it when i get dressed on a morning, when i get in from work, sometime after tea and just before i go to bed...
So i think the key is to apply it ALL the time... take it to work.. whatever... but i think it really works...
It lasts ages mind, I had one bottle so far (it only costs about £3.50 too) and its lasted about 3 weeks up to now!
My skin feels really good too. The only thing is the smell is very sickly its starting to annoy me!! But overall...?? Thumbs up.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I am a huge fan of Palmers Cocoa butter. I havent tried the massage cream though. My skin never felt as soft as it has since I started using it. I use
it everyday single day and I smother myself in it. I am always singing its praises.
Your right about the smell but you do get used to it.

Good luck with the weight loss

Michele

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 10 stone 2lbs
GS 9 stone 7lbs
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Interesting! A friend of mine who had a baby told me it worked too and I bought some... not for a moment believing it will work LOL but it DOES feel so soothing on my skin. Hope you are right and it helps!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #4  
Trying to ditch the yo-yo

Height: 5'6"

Huh. Well, I used the Cocoa Butter on my belly when I was pregnant the first time, and got stretch marks. With my second pregnancy I didn't use the Cocoa Butter and *didn't* get stretch marks (or at least no new ones).
Xuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:07 AM   #5  

I saw it in Boots yesterday (I hadn't seen this post) and nearly got some! I will get some....my stretch marks have almost disappeared. I think the three weeks in Australia where I didn't lose any weight seems to have given them time to stabilise, but I am sure as I start losing again, they will come back.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:16 AM   #6  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

I found Avons Maximum Body cream worked well, but Its expensive, I only got it on offer and I would spend £7+ on a lotion, I saw a tv advert for Bio-oil any one used that before?
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

I've not used bio oil but I've often come close to buying it.

Apparently it is great stuff.

I just love a a cream and an oil for that matter.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #8  

I've tried Bio-Oil before... it didnt seem to have any effect.. but then i probably only applied it once a day...
Im totally loving this palmers stuff though... It rocks!!
Have tried the L'oreal one before and that didnt seem to work either.
Scrubbing with salt is really good to smooth the skin out (just *** a sprinkling of water or a drop of olive oil) and apparently rubbing coffee on the skin is good for bumpy thighs... i shall try and let you know!!
afrosarah is offline   Reply With Quote