General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Lots of stumbles,falling down,getting up,Not a smooth path.The other side of losing.

Hi everyone..it's been a wk or so. I feel the need to add this bit of info. for the lurkers,as well as those that ARE NOT doing great in this long,uphill, winding road to healthy. First wk.,I lost 6 pounds,then couldn't go to the bathroom,and gained 2back..then took the recommended fish tablets that the center sells (for way too much $$in my opinion)and it worked, and then back down the 2lbs. I had gained..Funny thing is (not really) I am being on program,I'm not cheating,I may eat an ounce more of chicken in a day than I'm supposed too, or a extra serving of veggies..but if I do that is the only thing I'm doing that would be not exact. I'm cool w/the salt thing,although I miss it,and I'm drinking my water. Sunday night we went out to dinner. I ordered and ate appropriately, no bread,and butter! half of my petite sirloin,cup of veg.soup..really close to perfect,but with my glass of wine.(less fruit that day)I weighed in on Monday,(hadn't gone to the bathroom AGAIN,GEEZ in 48hrs.) and I'm up a lpound! This is killer for me! I am following the plan as far as what I can have and can't..The only thing my councelor says is I'm not eating enough,and "you arn't eating the bars are you"?..So in answer to my own question prior to plunking down my small fortune is, Yes,it seems they do plan this whole diet around eating the expletive bars. SO, I stuff one in when I'm hungry,and not close to 'my' food, just to tied me over..or else I wouldn't make it past the drive in food. Which I am proud to say I sail past. I still have not gotten the hang of eating more often and smaller meals I suppose. It's like if I did I'd be chained to the frig. The thing the councilor says,if you are eating on your plan (purple,and a tuff one imo) then YOU WILL lose weight...Hello??? how about now?!just to keep my fire lit..eh? My body is resisting my efforts,AND I AM HUNGRY..AND NOT LOSING...DRAT! This feedback from my personal experience is necessary I think for those like me in a stumble period,& so you know that it's not all a piece of cake (yum) & you are not alone. It would be easy to just say it didn't work for me and understandable..heck, I would love to have that cheezeburger/fries with mayo. However all I keep saying is "do I want the meal for 15mins of happy,or looser pants forever?" Feel free you all to give me advice,pep-talk,hugs,kick in the pants,or anything else that would not be fattening,and make me feel better. ~focus
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Focus - I don't have any real advice for you.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time lately. I hope that you mentioned to your COD that you are feeling hungry, because you should NOT be feeling hungry on this plan!

dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Umm-I'm on the red plan w/ lites-so I don't understand why you're on purple . . .

If you don't do the bars-you should at minimum be on red IMO. So-she's right in a way-you should be eating more food-just not necessarily the bars!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #4  
AuditorTammy

S/C/G: 186/179.8/140

I think you are doing great for joining just last month! I had problems with not being able to go to the bathroom also, it's mainly due to all of the vitamins they make you take. A stool softener once per day got things going for me normally and the weight started to drop. Keep up the good work.
auditortammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #5  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I take 2 SF Fiber Ones daily and it's the only thing that's really helped me stay regular since this program.

DH started at 232 and was on Purple with Lites--no clue how they decide your plan and I know the guys lose waaayyyy faster than us--so not fair. He's been on maintenance now for a long time and is holding great at 193 (along with eating and beer!! again--not fair!) Just a little more info. JM--with all your exercise I can see you being on a higher plan.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #6  
Let's try this again . .

Boo-that's not taking into account my exercise-technically I should be on red plus-but remember, my COD doesn't think walking is exercise I add food on days I exercise to equal the red plus plan. so I'm sorta half and half.

But like i said-if she doesn't do the bars anyway-she should be on the red plan.

Focus-i know you think you're eating a lot of food-but would more regular food be appealing than trying to choke down the bars?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Focused - I am close to your weight, and am on red with the lites.

I know the program is expensive, but when I joined, I told myself I would buy into their program for at least six months. That means doing whatever they told me to do. I would prefer no lites, but I am eating all of my food and eating the lites because that's the program. I found that I can lose the weight, and not be hungry, if I work with the program, and stop fighting it, or trying to incorporate what I "know" from past dieting experiences/failures. That is why I joined LAWL... I knew too many ways to "cheat" but not cheat on Weight Watchers. A little here and a little there add up to a lot, whether it be cheats that add up to the scale stopping, or little by little POP days that add up to losses.

My advice is this:

1. Ask your COD if you are really on the correct plan. Like I said, I am areound your weight and on red with the lites. I will move down to purple in another 7 pounds or so. Also, if it matters, my COD is a corporate center, which I think may have better trained counselors.

2. Eat all of your food in the combinations recommended. For example, for breakfast it was suggested I have 1S, 1/2P, 1Fr and 1D. I do mix around the dairy, but try to stick to that for breakfast. The rest of the day is divided up as well, and I have found that when I stick to the recommendations, the portions are divided up which keeps the blood sugar level, and keeps me from being starved between meals.

3. Unless you have some physical aversion to the Lites, just eat them. They are not optional on your food program to be added when you are hungry, they are necessary calories. I know they are costly, so if you can't do them, tell the COD and they will add more food, but try to buy into the program whole heartedly for at least 3 months. You will find your body adapting to the program, and you will find everything getting easier.

Good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie
Boo-that's not taking into account my exercise-technically I should be on red plus-but remember, my COD doesn't think walking is exercise I add food on days I exercise to equal the red plus plan. so I'm sorta half and half.

But like i said-if she doesn't do the bars anyway-she should be on the red plan.

Focus-i know you think you're eating a lot of food-but would more regular food be appealing than trying to choke down the bars?

What is the difference between the red and red plus plans?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #9  
on LAWL

I love my bars! I can't imagine "choking" them down--LOL. I am trying to not have 2 a day so I up my food but i am a sweet eater so they are fine with me.

I still can't believe your center doesn't consider your miles and miles of walking as exercise--what a crock. At least you've been doing this long enough to know what your body needs.

I agree--for anyone that doesn't like the bars then by all means--don't do them! Go up a plan. That's the beauty of this site--there is a lot more "real" information. I personally like my center (even though I gripe!) but there are sure some whoppers out there. I think the most important thing to remember is THEY WORK FOR US!!! So we need to be more assertive with our wants/needs.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Boo-don't get me started on my COD re the walking . . . As for the bars-I'm getting so sick of them. They discontinued my favorite-fruit and oat. I sub a luna for one of them almost every day. Remember-I've been eating them for over a year now. I was bound to get sick of them.

Deets-red plus adds 1 dairy, 1 fruit, and a starch.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

And who's a likely red plus candidate?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #12  
on LAWL

JM--I understand--honey noug. is my fave and I'll go nuts if they quit them. I like to throw in the Luna's and Kashi Crunchy for a change--or when I'm at walmart and realize I haven't had anything in too many hours!!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #13  
Let's try this again . .

I started on red plus at 305 lbs-they moved me to red around 275 . . . .
Old 07-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #14  
Princess Heather

Focused:

Let me start off by saying this is not an easy road...as you know. Then let me follow that by saying your body will regulate itself more when you are used to the plan a bit. I agree with other to add a stool softner or fiber one or something like that...I think I am at that point that i am going to have to do that too. But also know that your body will adjust to normal for you. If you've been eating cheeseburgers and fries, and all those other yummy not so good for you foods your body isn't used to healthy food! It will get there!

Now as far as the lites...I've reached a point that I hate them...but I bought them and I am eating them because I don't want to add more food. I am on Red, and my COD will move me to purple when I reach 239. I seem to really struggle with the program and staying on it but find my encouragement here and keep pressing on. Let us help you get through on this program...that's why we are all here! And to paraphrase Bob the Builder (yes I really said that...) can we do this??? YES WE CAN!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

HeatherCP - Only a "REAL" mom would say that! Glad you are enjoying DFS 1 and 2!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote