Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #1  
si, si signora

Default Thin for life - week of July 10th, 2006

Howwwwwwwwwwdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee folks.

Nice and grey here in the Emerald City and I am not one for complaining. That means that E the Puppy is happy in the car and will walk willingly and I can garden and putter after work.

Okay, so my tomatoes may take longer to ripen.

Did everyone have a good weekend?

I weighed in and after the week of self-loathing, I was down .4 lbs. I was quite pleased and sort of feel guilty about it. I am needing to try a bit harder and that I am doing now.

At least when I was bad, I was good, do you know what I mean? I drank all my water, exercised and kept to my life goals and had all five of my fruits and veggies.

However, this week is food journal and control week. I have one month until my cousin's wedding and I want to look nice.

Hi to everyone and please stop by!

lala
Old 07-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi, lala! I have WI tonight and I'm hoping for a loss, but I think it's a pipe dream. I ate cake this weekend and ice cream! Oy! I don't know what is wrong with me. I worked like a dog in our yard because of our neighbor issue that I mentioned before (Grrr). We put in a row of oleanders.

We tried to play golf on Saturday and got to the 14th hole and then got rained out! I mean monsooned out! I actually dumped water out of my shoes. I haven't been that soaked in a rainstorm in years!

Had a cookout on Saturday with some friends. Helped a friend unpack on Sunday; she's single and has too much stuff. When I was pulling her TV set out of the box, one of those box staples caught my leg--oww!!

Today, it's only in the 80's here which is not bad.

Hello, Melissa, Pam, Susan, Julie, Austin, and anyone else.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! It's been raining off and on today and the humidity is pretty high so it's making it sticky outside.

The weekend ended up being pretty busy--DS #2 had basketball camp and I ended up staying and watching all three of his games on Saturday (9-10 and Noon). It wasn't bad but it took a chunk out of the day. I got a few things done around the house but nothing major. It was in some ways kind of a lost a weekend.

I didn't get any real activity in over the weekend but I tried to stay busy. I did eat a little more than I planned on Saturday but I wrote it down. I'm really trying to keep my journal current. It's amazing how quickly we can fall out of a habit!

Lala: Congrats on the loss! Don't feel guilty about it--be happy I need to really focus if I want to get rid of the 5-7# that I've been carrying around. I'd like to be rid of it by the time my GF arrives from FL in August which is do-able if I put my mind to it.

Lisa: Sounds like you had quite a downpour! It's amazing how quickly it can come down. Have your shoes dried out? It's the mid 70's here but the humidity is quite high.

I actually have a pretty clear schedule for nights this week--no working at WW until Friday evening so that's a good thing. I really need to work on some things at home and this would be a good time to tackle them.

Hi to Pam, Julie, Austingal, Susan! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #4  

I had a very good weekend.

I was off on Friday. Despite having back spasms, I managed an hour-long bike ride, a swim in the pool and a condo assn. meeting. Ran early Saturday morning, then washed the car inside and out, cleaned the garage, then back to the pool for the afternoon. My sister and I went downtown on Saturday nite to take in some live entertainment on the waterfront and have some dinner. On Sunday it rained so I cleaned the house from top to bottom.

Woke with a wicked headache yesterday and didn't come to work.

Weight not bad but not making progress either. Black dress still hanging in full view; now have strappy black heels on floor beneath dress to kick-start incentive.

Last week in the office til early September. I'm on training for the next two weeks, then off to Ozzzzz.

Susan
Old 07-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #5  

Melissa, the weekends do fly by, don't they? I'm not good at journaling anymore.

Susan, I am envious. Training and then right into vacation--you know how to do it. You did all that work with back spasms?? You are some woman.

Had WI last night, up 1.5#. Not a surprise as I had chocolate cake, ice cream and junk over the weekend. I did work a lot in the yard; I guess I'm glad I did or the WI may have been worse.

I'm working overtime tonight. I'm swamped at work. Argh!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #6  

Susan: Back spasms are not fun--I'm surprised you were able to accomplish as much as you did with them! Would trying the black dress on help with the incentive or would it have a reverse effect for you? A nice, long vacation sounds really good right now! I just have to get through next week then I'm off for a week I can't wait!

Lisa: I've done pretty good with my journal--some parts of it I would want to share but hey at least I've kept it up. I'm hoping I'm down a little tomorrow but I never know anymore.

It's sunny here today and the humidity is still up and the forecast for the weekend is calling for 87! We're heading into the home stretch for orientation--last one is this coming weekend
Old 07-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Late check in for me. I got to work late only to find out I was supposed to be in a meeting all morning. Anyhoo, I'm here now.

Susan - take care of that back and that sounds like my kind of weekend.

Lisa - bah on the weight, you'll be fine next wi, I know it.

Ugh on OT unless you really see it in your paycheck. Here's hoping its a rare occurence.

Hi Melissa - I need to journal, I have a hard time writing it for some reason.

I'm reading body clutter right now by the flylady team. I highly recommend it.

Hi to Pam and Julie and everyone else.

I guess I'll go check on ernest the puppy.

lala
Old 07-12-2006, 07:52 AM   #8  

Okay, lala, what is "body clutter" about? I'm familiar with flylady, but not that term.

Ha on the overtime--I'm salary--you know what that means.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Late as usual, but I'm whittling down the work list.

Body Clutter - Its applying the flylady principles to weight loss. She doesn't pick one program, but talks about exercise, eating right and how to declutter your body. I would definitely get it from the library.

As for overtime - me too. Salaried, which means I can leave when I want to as well. Hah.

Well, a box of patisserie twists from Trader Joes jumped into my tiny basket yesterday and the box is almost gone. Bad lala.

They now are marketing their own 100 calorie packs - chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Way cheaper than Nabisco, but honestly, I bought a box and the cookies were too sweet, so they are going to my friend whose kids are visiting for the summer.

I prefer teddy grahams.

Other than that, ernest is breaking in a molar, so he can't chew on carrots. Poor guy.

I just had a lovely breakfast of greek yoghurt, strawberries and uncle sam's cereal. Very filling and very good for you.

How is everyone else this am?

lala
Old 07-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #10  

It's pouring rain this morning, and I picked today to drop my car off for servicing and to walk to work. I am drenched. Have a taxi chit in my bag but didn't use it since it often takes longer to get a cab in the morning than it does to hit the pavement. Luckily, I'm wearing a flimsy top so it should dry quickly

My back is better but not completely back to normal (no pun intended). I am tired by the end of the day, but the spasm is mostly gone.

My eating this week has been horrendous. I know I am sabbotaging myself but so far I've made no move to stop it. Emotional eating. Gotta hate it.

Melissa: How did weigh-n go?

Lisa: Too bad about the gain, but at least you know why. I find it harder to toe the line in summer. I also find it difficult to journal, having been away from it for so long.

lala: It's funny to read about your puppy getting teeth. I guess they do, but it's been so long since I've been around a young dog that I forget.

My friend called from Lebanon the other day but I missed her. She left a voice message, and I could hear the kids playing in the background. I miss them a lot. It's nice to think that they will be arriving home shortly after I do in early September.

Bye for now,

Susan
Old 07-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies!

It's sunny here this morning and the temps are supposed to start climbing along with the humidity. A cool front went through last evening bringing a little relief but not for long. We had some drenching rains yesterday and high humidity; it's great for the tomatoes

Susan: It's kind of Murphy's Law isn't it when we plan to do something and then the weather doesn't cooperate! At least you have a lightweight top on that will dry quickly! I stayed the same this week so I guess that's a good thing. I was kind of hoping for a little bit of a loss. Maybe next week.

Lala: I smiled when I read your post about the patisseries jumping in your basket; I've been doing pretty well staying away from salty foods. I have a couple of small containers of Greek yogurt in my fridge. I used some on my baked potato last night and am planning on eating the rest of it with some fresh blueberries. I love the thickness of it!

It's crazy here in the office--we're working on our last orientation session and I'm amazed at the number of students who have waited until the last minute to sign up. We have taken in 21 reservations since Tuesday! The only good thing about it is that I won't have as many to send information to about the fall session.

I'll be back later....
Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #12  

Hi ladies,

Lauren returned home today after spending 4 days at the beach with her friends family. I decided to take today and tomorrow off to spend some time with her but I think she's already making plans to meet up with some of her friends this afternoon.
The weather is nice here today a little bit overcast with a nice breeze, think I'll try and get some yardwork done later.

Lala I just love Traders Joe's cafe twists, in fact I think later on today I may make a trip to TJ's. Poor Ernest I hope his molars aren't causing too much pain. Are there any type of doggie chew toys that are similar to the teething rings you give babies that might help? I've really got to check out the fly lady site.

Susan the weather never cooperates when you need it to. Hope you only had minor servicing for your car and no major problems to deal with. I think I'm also sabbotaging myself, I really want to take off at least 5 pounds before we go to Hawaii in September. I eat well, exercise for a few days and then I blow it. Last night it was a little humid so instead of making dinner for me and DH we just "snacked". I had too many nachos and also a couple of beers! Why do I do this??

Melissa I've got to try putting the greek yogurt on a baked potato, that sounds good. Sorry things are crazy at work, you've got a vacation coming up soon don't you?

Lisa yup I'm salaried also, it has it's pros and cons.

Well ladies I'm posting from home so I better wrap it up before I lose this post. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #13  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Sounds like everyone here needs a hug and some sort of shake up in the eating front (well, maybe not Melissa).

I think sabotage is the best word from what I am doing as well. I'm doing so great and then boom, something triggers me - usually stress or anger. I need to work on that.

As for hot weather. I think beer is okay, but maybe hummous and veggies instead?

Pam - Sounds like Lauren had a great few days and now is miss social. I'm sorry that she already made plans, but maybe you can do something later this evening.

As for the cafe twists, they are not coming near the basket for a few weeks.

Melissa - I'm now a big fan of do it now and get it over with, so you wouldn't have me calling at the last minute. I wish your office luck. When do the first recruits show up for bootcamp?

As for the greek yoghurt. I used some last night in my coleslaw dressing. Yum.

Susan - I hope the car is in and out quickly and that you are now dry. I will admit that most of my eating is emotional these days, but gosh girl, you are doing great.

Ernest enjoys teething on sticks and water bottles. I tried freezing a rubber kong and filling it with frozen strawberry yoghurt (yoghurt that is frozen) and he seems to sort of get it, but not. If it was filled with bisquits he would be happier. He seems to want me to feed him cherry tomatoes, sliced apples and frozen bananas. He's such a mushy boy.

Hi to Lisa!

Off to install a new beta software that requires uninstalling software, sigh.

lala
Old 07-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #14  

Lala I went to TJ's this afternoon and did pick up some hummus and veggies. Also picked up some whole grain crackers. Hopefully I'll eat the hummus more with the veggies instead of the crackers.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #15  
si, si signora

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHoney
Lala I went to TJ's this afternoon and did pick up some hummus and veggies. Also picked up some whole grain crackers. Hopefully I'll eat the hummus more with the veggies instead of the crackers.
no chocolate covered bananas jumped into your cart?

yeah!

lala
Closed Thread