Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #1  

Default Week of July 9th

Let's start the week of right, ladies!! Let's be healthy and happy! Take care of yourself!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #2  

Hooray for a new week!!!!!!!

I am excited! I am started a 30 miles in 30 days challenge today. So I am reved up. The kids are in rare form today, fighting like crazy. The weather is turning yucky. You can feel it changing by the minute. We have a chance of severe thunder storms with hail this afternoon.

have a great day!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/171/160

Ick. For those of you who have asked the children in my profile pic are mine, Amaya Raven is 6 and Kieran Phoenix is 9. That pic was taken on his 9th birthday. Question..alot of you talk about reaching walking goals...brace yourself for a stupid question..I imagine you use a pedometer? I walk all the time, but I think I want to count my steps also..just for inspiration and also to have yet another thing in common with my slimmin sistas!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #4  

Gorgeous kids!!!!! I LOVE thier names!!!! I used to use a pedometer, but the one I had was super cheap and very inaccurate, so I stopped. So I am thinking I might buy myself one...I saw some WW ones on ebay, has anyone seen, tried or heard/read a review on them?...if and when I complete my 30 miles in 30 days challenge.

Well, I am off to send some pics to my sister. I don't have outlook express on my laptop so I have to use the web based mail, it's soooooooooo slow (ok it's not as slow as 35mm film being developed, picking prints, putting them in an envelope and sending them off, but it's close) LOL. Have a fabulous day!!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

well my dh pulled another one on me on Saturday. Went over to his bosses around noon, ds did not want to go, it was a party for his boss's dad which we both know. I had to work all weekend but I said I would watch ds for a couple of hours and then I wanted to go back to sleep. Ds had actually fallen asleep on the couch at this point. Well that was it for me for sleeping because I couldn't get back to sleep while ds was sleeping though I tried really, really hard but just as I was feeling like I could fall asleep he wakes up. So we had some lunch and then I did doze on the couch a bit. I was expecting dh to be back as he said he wouldn't be long and also this party was only supposed to go until 2pm. Well he shows up about 2 minutes before I have to leave for work and can't understand why I am po'd with him. Like grab a brain!! I wanted more sleep!! He thinks I should have come over to the party since we were both invited. Well for one thing I was too ticked off and tired and grumpy to be going to a party and what was I supposed to drag ds in there kicking and screaming when he didn't want to go? Actually that's exactly what I should have done in hindsight, then at least he would have gotten home earlier. I should have just taken ds over there and said bye, I'm going home for some sleep. Anyway it is all over with now but still I agree with Misty that husbands DON'T GET IT when it comes to kid management that is 24/7 not just whenever it is convienent or fun.

Okay so I am seriously going back to my VLC diet today. I have this week off work, back next week and then off for another 2 weeks. There is no reason why I can't follow my VLC diet and exercise frequently. I think I am up a couple of lbs but I'm not going to weigh in just yet. No word from the dr's office about my referral to the bariatric clinic. I did hear from another nurse that I worked with last week that I may have a bit of a wait because she is waiting too and there was an information session coming up that she had a letter for. Also she thinks that they take the heaviest people first so being 100 lbs overweight doesn't qualify anymore I guess. How scary is that? Anyway I will get an appointment sooner or later but I'll just keep plugging away at it myself. I'm going to go ride my exercise bike now for a bit so I can bump up my exercise thread.

Misty - what is this challenge that you are doing?

About pedometers, there is a really cool site on the internet where you can map the distance that you walk. May not work in rural areas but it even has my village on it but not my street seeing as it is a new subdivision. Anyway I will give you the link and you can check it out. I don't trust those pedometers or step counters because it all depends on how big your stride is and where on your body you put the device. I had one once that I think clicked more than once for one stride.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #6  
Jen

Here is the link

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/
Old 07-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #7  

Thanks Jen how cool!! I'llahve to explore it later when I have a second. That really stinks about your DH. He's really taking advantage of your situation. I would have been pissed too. Did he eventually get why you were mad? I hope that you can get on track with your plan though with your time off, that will be nice!

The challenge i am doing is on another site. I'll pm it to you
Old 07-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #8  

I use that website all the time. I just love it!!

Jen, I'd be ticked off if my husband did that too. did he understand where he went wrong?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 AM   #9  
Jen

I think my husband understands why I was upset and grumpy, not sure it he understands that it was because of something he did or if he would have done anything different. I'm not saying that it was my fault because it definately wasn't but what I should have done was take our son over there and come home for some more sleep! Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

Totally blew it last night. I did well during the day but didn't eat enough at supper and then had a mini binge while watching tv. I had several cookies, cheese and crackers and an ice cream stick. I know that isn't really all that huge but overall it doesn't really fit in with my low cal diet. Snacking while watching tv is a huge problem for me. I have to learn to do something else. Afterwards I went and sat at my scrapbooking table and went through some photos. I am in the same room so I can see the tv and talk to my husband but my hands are occupied so that I won't snack. Also I am so far behind on my scrapbooking that I need to work on that instead of snack!

I'm going to try something I don't usually do, count calories. Normally it drives me nuts but it helps to keep me on track. Will try and post them here as well as journalling what I am eating.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #10  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Well, this week may be harder diet-wise than I'd anticipated. My son was supposed to be coming home from the hospital this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday. Then yesterday we found out that he is being discharged TODAY! I'm very happy! But, I also know that the first week home with a premature infant (my daughter was also a preemie) is probably not going to be the best time to start dieting. So, I'll try to watch my portions and do what I can without stressing myself out too much.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #11  

YAY AMY!! It's great he will be home, how exciting!!! Your plan of just being aware sounds like a good one.

Jen-I snack in front of the tv too. In the winter I try to crochet. Often if I am on plan and trying realy hard Ijust go to bed when the kids do.

Today is a crummy day. The kids are nuts. Is it a full moon? Well I better run have a great day!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #12  

Congratulations, Amy! You'll have to let us know how everything goes, when you have time. I'll be thinking about you!

Today is my husband's b-day. I'm taking off early from work, and we're just going to bum around. He wants to go to the Olive Garden for supper.

Nothing much else to report. Have a good day!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 AM   #13  
Jen

Misty - yes it was a full moon last night so there you go!

Amy - congrats on getting the baby home sooner than expected. Don't worry about your dieting, it will probably be the last thing on your mind once your precious baby is home.

Steph - have a good time tonight!

Not much new with me. Totally blew yesterday AGAIN, don't know why I bother saying I"m going to do something and then I don't follow through. I had good intentions but then we went to McDs for lunch and I was going to have a protein bar but didn't bring it in with me (my bad) and ordered a juniour chicken instead and then had some of my son's fries as well. Then when visiting my mom she bought cupcakes (from the woman who wants me to lose weight) and then on the way home I got a pizza (mind you this is the best pizza in the world and I only get it when I visit my mom, I'm not crazy enough to drive 2 hours to get a pizza) and I had about 3 big slices. Today I had 3 slices of toast with pb which isn't the end of the world but still, certainly not what I would like to be eating. Anyway on a good note I did exercise yesterday and I intend to exercise every day this week! So I'm doing at least 1 thing right.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #14  

Good job on the exercise, Jen! Remember, one day at a time with the food. You can do it!

Olive Garden wasn't the greatest. I tried something new, and I didn't care for it. Oh well. At least I know now.

I'll be exercising inside tonight. It's way, way, way too hot and humid outside!

Take care of yourself--you deserve it!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:16 AM   #15  

Good Morning!!

Jen-great job on getting in that exercise!!!!! Every little bit helps.

Steph-Sorry Olive Garden wasn't good. That is a bummer. It's hot here too, and the humidity is awful. I took the kids to the neighbor's house yesterday to cool off in their little pool.

My week has been hectic. But thank goodness it is friday. Have good one!
Closed Thread