Old 07-10-2006, 12:27 AM   #1  
here I go again...

Red face ** Weekly chat: July 10-16 **

AHHHHHHHH! I am out of control... Eating like a wildabeest and being lazy... rut rut rut!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Here's to the start of a fabulous week!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:35 AM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i was just about to put this thread up

i had a bit of a binge last night too - popcorn, milk and cookies not sure what happened. i just couldn't stop. at least i exercised on both saturday and sunday i suppose.

anyway, today is a new day and my food has been on track thus far. hopefully the rain will hold off this afternoon and i can get a walk in too. i also want to get a weights workout in this afternoon too. will see how we go . . .

i hope everyone had a great weekend.

ETA - a couple of things i forgot. I think i have figured out the mystery of the aching heel. I think i have plantar fasciitis (heel spur). I have figured out how to manage it and blogged about it if you are interested. bit of a bugger of a thing really - losing weight is the best way to combat it but i need to walk to move and move to lose weight so its a bit of a conundrum.

the other thing is that saturday marked 3 months since i quit smoking. yay me! i haven't even had any nicotine gum for 3 days - must be finally making sense to my body.

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 07-10-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Abakerchick - Gosh I sure know that feeling! I've been eating like crap for practically months! It's hard to get back on track, but we can do it.

Daisy - Congrats again on quitting smoking, I am still not there yet. I'll be honest, between having a hard time eating right lately and having a hard time working out with the wedding coming up I am scared to quit in fear my dress won't fit anymore that day. Lame excuse I know!

Well, Friday and Saturday were good. Worked out Saturday and Sunday, ate a little too much yesterday though. Today should be perfect, no reason not too. So I'm hoping it's that smooth.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #4  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Hey y'all. I guess I'll just jump in. I've had a hard time finding a place for me, so I'll stick here for a bit and see how I like it, I suppose. I posted an intro on the sticky thread so I won't go into all of that here. This weekend I didn't get to the gym at all, which kinda bites. There is just so much to do around the house when Jon is home that I end up doing stuff around here and don't make time to go work out. I did do one of my workout tapes here, though. So all was not completely lost. I've found it pretty easy to stick to my diet over these past two weeks because I really haven't restricted myself much. We had cookies left over from our trip to New Orleans and I was really craving them! I figured i'd just have one or two with skim milk. I flipped the package over and saw that two cookies would cost me 280 calories! Shoot, I ain't cravin' em that badly. Jon took care of them in short order anyway. Marines can put away some food. He runs 15 miles a week, so he can have all the cookies he wants. He claims it was his duty to protect me from them, LOL.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello Ladies and Happy Monday (so far)

I just nosedived into beer and lots of other bad things this weekend. I kept telling myself I was treating myself for working so hard at school. I need to learn and treat myself to other things besides food! GAwd, one of these days I'll do everything right, I guess. Maybe not.

Anways. I downloaded a new rock music workout onto my Ipod, so hopefully that will motivate me to run my butt off tonight on the treadmilll.

bakerchick: I like your new avatar...pretty!

daisyboo: I'm very proud of you! Your officially now a non-smoker! Congrats

Lockitup: Are you getting up in the AM to workout now? I'm going to try and do it tommorrow! That means my butt needs to be in bed at ten at the latest. Wish me luck!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #6  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Hi all... I've been posting for a few months but have yet to jump into one of these threads, but why not? I'm only taking one class over the summer and working 10 hours a week, so I have absolutely no excuse not to exercise - which means I had a great weekend - basketball, tennis, cycling, and the gym. It's been so long since I've really made myself exercise regularly that I forgot how good it feels! Hoping this will carry me into the week (I'm starting a spinning class this week). Now I just need to do some homework.

DaisyBoo - congrats on 3 months w/o smoking - that's fantastic

LockItUp - when's your wedding?

NakedHousewife - good for you looking at the nutritional info - it's WAY too easy to eat something and pretend that it's not that bad for you if you don't look!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #7  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Week Two is here....and for once I feel good about my progress toward my monthly goal. My battle with running has taken a positive turn and even though my gym membership is frozen I have been managing to get those workout minutes in. Today I am going out of town for a photo but will be back tonight. I should be nervous except I am not a sports girl. I really have no idea who this guy is...which is funny since he was the NFL MVP last year. Should be good for my portfolio none the less and more money money money! So tonight I need to get my strength training some stretching and also some *gasp* housework. Well wish me luck!

ABAKERCHICK - step away from the food and into the gym! Come join us in the working out dark side...I know you can be on track hun, it is hard work though.

Daisy - Binges happen thank goodness you are smart enough to accept this and move on. I have a hard time with this sometimes. Yay on 3 months no smoking.

steph - Have a great workout today. Where did that fabulous avatar go? It was inspiring

nakedhousewife - cute name Welcome to the forum! I think you will love it here. Thats so cute "it was his duty to protect me from them." haha

spill - happy monday to you too! I wish I could learn that food is not a good treat but I am often in your same boat.

sierra - Sounds like you did have a great exercise filled weekend. Nice to see you posting in the chat...maybe it will motivate some of us to get off our butts.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #8  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Spill- I am into the food treats, too. It's a hard habit to break, and I fear I'm passing it on to the kids. Two weeks ago Dade had a really good day, was just being so good all day, helpful, cheerful, so I took him out for ice cream, just him and me. I think he mostly thought of the one-on-one time as "the treat" but yaknow, we could have gone to a park or on a walk or something. I need to be more aware of these little things. I came from a house where we had to finish what was on our plates, and I struggle with that now. At least I don't make them do that. They have to try everything, but that's the only requirement. What kinds of habits are you guys carrying on from childhood into your adult lives?
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #9  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Hello to all the lovely 20 somethings! I decided to go back to work this week since I'm sick of sitting around watching tv. I've explained my job before... but basically I can come in only when there is stuff to do, or whenever I want to. The pay is not good, but I get to work for the school and have great hours, so it is ok for now. Sooo... last week I didn't come in at all. And after doing absolutely NOTHING but clean, work out, and watch tv this weekend I was totally ready to be in a different setting. My summer isn't very exciting right now, but at least I don't have an excuse not to work out.

Bad news.. I managed to kill my mp3 player that I got for christmas by flooding it with water in my gym bag....... I haven't told anyone yet because... that is just such a "Lizzie Thing" to do.

Daisy- Eek! That heel spurs sounds painful... but congrats on not smoking!! And to be losing weight while you're quitting.. thats amazing dedication to health!

Welcome NakedHouseWife! Isn't it funny how looking at the nutritional value of stuff can kill a craving? Thats one of the few things that works for me when we have treats at work.

Sierra- Sounds like a fun weekend! I can't wait till my group fitness classes start back up in the fall.

Stephie- Are you taking about Shaun Alexander? I'm a football nerd. I'm so excited for football season to start back.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

wasted thermos - sorry about yep your mp3 player...yep Alexander that is the guy! I get to snap off some photos while he is being interviewed for the paper.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #11  

Hey girls! Wow! I don't think I've posted on this since... gosh maybe last summer. I recognize a few names SpillTheBeans, Lockitup, WastedThermos (not sure if you guys remember me though). A lot has happened since last summer... I graduated college, started my dream job about a month ago, and moved into my very own/first apartment!!! So life is going pretty good. The one thing that remains a constant struggle for me: u guessed, the weight issue.

I promised myself I would be good because I have a wedding in the beginning of September, but after moving into the apartment and starting my job that kind of got thrown out the window. I am hoping by rejoining this community that I can get back on track.

PS I hate and love Mondays. I hate them because the weekends seem so far away, I love them because it means I have the whole week to be good before the weekend of drinking begins.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #12  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Candice - I think you'll like this place! And I like that he protected you from the cookies!

Spill - No not getting up early to workout...yet. I did that hardcore last August thru about October, before my 7am classes. I was hard core back then. Those were the days! Good luck waking up. It gets addicting.

Sierra - My wedding is August 11th. It feels so good when you start working out regularly, it's just the regularly part that I have trouble with lately!!! (p.s. I think spinning was created by the devil )

Stephie - Good luck with the photo!!! Sounds like you are becoming a hardcore runner, I am jealous. I guess what I need to do is to start running again and stop smoking and I can do it myself. Oh and my avatar was making me want to puke, so no more me for a while.

Lizzie - Sorry to hear about the mp3 player, that totally sucks!

Jenna - I of course remember you! Glad you are back, sounds like you have been busy with a lot of fabulous things! I feel the same about Mondays, a new beginning but yet so very far from the weekend!!! Very glad you are back around!

Well, so far so good today. I really want to get to 139 by my year anniversary which is 8/8. Since I started at 190 pounds I think it would be very cool to get into the 130's. I have been around the weight I am now for months. Why is it that the closer I get to my goal the harder it is, I thought this would be the easy part, but I think this part is mental and I am totally self sabotaging! We will see I guess!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #13  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

What a Monday! My car quit on me as I was traveling between our two offices. I had to get it towed. And it quit in a BAD part of town. Luckily a co-worker happened to be behind me so I didnt have to wait an hour at the car for the tow truck. Triple-A is worth every penny. lol

So now that I am begging a ride home, no gym for me. its ok. Life happens. Maybe I will try to go for a walk when I get home at some point. but I have a board meeting (on the board at a local theatre) so between supper and that meeting I'm not sure how much I can squeeze in.
Beer is one of my downfalls too. I noticed a couple of you mentioned it I can seriously cut out all "cokes" but I like to have two or three beers a couple a times a week. Those calories add up!!

OH!!! and I also hit the 5 pound mark! I was (am) very excited.

Daisy- SO SO awesome that you havent smoked in three months!!!

Lizzie- Sorry about the MP3 thing. I have to tell you that is SO somthing I would do. I'm always spilling water in my gym bag.

Nakedhousewife- its so good to have a supportive DH. I can see your dilemma with your child. I also grew up in a clean our plate house hold and I have had to REALLY fight that urge. I feel wasteful if I dont eat every bite. But I'm getting better. My mom was also a DIVINE cook (still is) but was able to keep a stellar figure (her legs are better at 50 than mine are now). Sadly- I am working hard to get to a stellar figure

Cookie- Welcome Back!! I am new since then. I love this place!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #14  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Baker Chick- HELLO!!! Me too. I bought lots of fruit and veggies and I can't seem to stop eating! Almonds have been the worst. What is the deal right now??

Is everyone having the same he double-hockey stick time at work this week? I think it must be the full moon. I hope thats what it is.

Hope everyone's week is getting better!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #15  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

MissTraveller, what is a 'double hockey stick time'?

Daisy, congrats on the no smoking!!!!

Stephie, I so envy you -- I love football.

I also have been eating poorly and drinking the alcohol more than usual lately. I am past beers now, though, and stick to hard liquor and the occasional liqueur. I'm not too worried about that. Also, I come from a 'clean off your plate' household, but I have been getting very good about how much I put on that plate! And yesterday a friend and I went out for burgers; I ate about three bites of mine and decided I was full and would doggy bag the rest. And when I forgot the container at the restaurant and came back to find they had tossed it, I was not at all upset. I think the stress that caused me to eat so poorly (and the biology, hah) has all passed, because now I can feel my system craving fruits and veggies. And more water than ever!

I have muscle in my legs, albeit still covered in tons o' fat. I missed all my dance classes for two weeks, so now I am getting back into the swing of things. I am going to try to get friends to join me, so it will be harder to back out of them. Also, I have decided to suck it up and start swimming -- any tips on keeping my skin looking sane? I know that to protect my hair from chlorine I should get it damp before I put the swim cap on. I don't yet have the bravery to try riding my bike, but it will come, I am sure. Baby steps, and all that jazz.

Happy Tuesday to all!
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote