Old 07-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #1  
Determined To Lose :)

Default Counting is Working...

I have followed so many diet plans over the years and have always hated counting calories. This time I decided to do it differently. I figured out how many calories it would take to maintain my goal weight and I am staying within that guideline each day. It is amazing...

I lost 9 lbs. my first week.

I don't feel deprived because I can really eat what I want.

I find I am making much healthier choices.

It is working like a charm and for the first time in years I am breaking my goals up into smaller amounts. 25 lbs at a time...
debiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #2  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

I am on that same page!! I have been counting calories to and it has work really well. i lost 5 lbs the first week and three so far this week!! congrats to you on what you have done keep it up! It is a lot easier then I have ever thought even though I do miss a big bowl of ice cream now and again lol!
brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #3  
Determined To Lose :)

brookypooh - Congrats to you on your loss! I feel such a freedom in counting calories that I never knew would exist. It's the typical reaction that if I can have it ~ I don't necessarily want it, but tell me I can't have it and I will crave it till I eat it. There is definitely a plus in not depriving yourself of things. I haven't craved ice cream yet so that is good. I remember laughing when I did look at the calories of a pint of Ben & Jerry's...and the fact that an entire pint is not a serving (lol). The more healthy food I eat, the more food I can have and that is a huge plus!
debiann is offline   Reply With Quote