Old 07-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #1  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Default **Weekly Chat - 3 July - 9 July**

Hello Chickies

Just though I might as well start the new chat thread.

I guess it's quiet because of the long weekend... I hope you're all having fun. My own weekend was rather uneventful if not boring... We usually go on day trips or hiking, but my boyfriend has a nasty cold. I'm happy though - I went for a run! Now I just wish I knew which temp job to go take... still can't make my mind up!

ETA: just realized it's only Sunday morning in North America! Oh well, at least we'll have the new thread ready.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #2  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Don't worry Sushi, it's always made on Sunday's ... well my sundays.

I can't sleep. =sighs=
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Well yet again my week started good and ended up terrible. I have gone shopping and have things set up to have a fool proof week this week. I even am planning on going out Wednesday for drinks but already decided to workout extra that day plus order diet coke and whatever instead of my usual super calorie filled drink fest.

I found a cereal I am very excited to try; it has 10 fiber, 13 protein and only 140 calories for a cup. I am sure it won't taste like Fruity Pebbles, but that's some good stuff for a serving of cereal! I also found a good granola and already separated it out into single servings so it's a quick grab. I also bought cliff bars because they were on sale, I have never tried them, but I like having a bar on hand, so I hope they don't taste like rocks! So here's hoping for a good week...again!

Sushi - I am always glad when the chat starts for us on Sunday, it gets me into the next week's mindset!

Trns - Hope you got some sleep!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #4  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning ladies

i have just realised that i haven't been posting much - been lurking though.

this weekend feels non-existant - it went so fast. cutting a long story short - my parents were coming for dinner on saturday, turns out my cousin from england and her boyfriend were flying in from malaysia and no one knew, so we had two additional guests. threw me into a spin and my OCD was ignited. cleaning, washing, polishing, cooking, everything but the night went well and everyone had a good time.

i have been feeling completely inadequate lately and the fact that last night i had to sit through 3 hours of amateur modelling last night did not help. thin, tall, young girls strutting their stuff on the catwalk. my boyfriends kids do modelling and i was there to support them (specifically invited by the daughter ). anyway, it was torture and i felt like a complete swamp monster by the end of the night. there was one girl in the seniors group, maybe mid 20's, and she had the most fantastic legs i have ever seen. strong, muscular - i could not stop staring. mind you the britney spears inspired school girl uniform was a perfect platform for showing them and the tone tummy off.

no exercise done. my heel is still sore. i still get pain shooting through it at different intervals for no apparent reason.

blah

lockitup - i hear you. your environment is half of the battle. i have bought WW meals in this week for my lunch (i think they are nicer than the lean cuisine, etc). if i don't have to go to the shops at lunch, i don't have the option of buying crap to eat. heres to a positive week

sushi - i meant to read your temp thread. will check it out and submit my opinion

trns - how are you chickie? miss seeing you on the boards.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #5  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Hello all,

I'm starting the month right and going the conversation want to make sure I stay commited and motivated this month.

Sushi Penguin - my weekend is also low key, just home and I have to work this monday...

Stephanie - What cereal is it?

Daisy - Before you know it, you'll just ask great!
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #6  
Stephanie

Rosie - It's Kashi. Can't wait to try it in the morning, will let you know if it is at least good enough to choke down.

Ok, it's time to get serious, I just tried on my wedding dress and although it zipped up it was tight! AHHHHHHHHHH! It was fine a few weeks ago. I need to cut this crap and get to it!

Daisy - I'm sorry that show made you feel bad, but at least you have legs you've seen in person to shoot for. I am so ready for this week. You'd think that working at a gym would be motivation in itself, but surprisingly it is not.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:08 AM   #7  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Daisy Boo - I'm alright. Just working. I actually just came home from the bar and i'm ready to get into bed and go to sleep. Got work tomorrow morning, my choice. =hits head= but i'm taking tuesday and friday off so it's good.

Fitness wise, i start the gym mornings tomorrow. We will see what happens when i wake up. =bug eyed=

haha

LockItUp - I sure did!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Trnsfrmer: Good luck to you in the mornings, the whole key is to get to bed earliert than usual, have your stuff laid out, so you can sleep walk over to it, and get dressed and out the door. You'll love it, I used to be a morning workouter, but I will be back at it this month also. So we'll encourage one another.

I'm still really busy with school, today is my last day for my June summer course, but, then I start my next course in a few days. It's crazy, but it will be worth it, to get these two courses out of the way.

Good Luck Ladies for the month of July.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #9  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok I am hitting operation July hard already ! I will hit my monthly goal and look like a dream for all the weddings/baby showers that are coming up. Saturday I ran. I did not stop at all but it was inside on the treadmill which is always easier. I also did about half my strength routine (finished the other half yesterday) and got some decent stretching in. I just need to keep it up. Went to the pool with my neices yesterday and for the first time in a long time I was somewhat smug about how I looked in my swimsuit. I can see this running thing paying off...it motivates me to keep going with it. I cannot believe it has taken me until now to figure out how much of a secret fat melter it was . So what are your plans for the 4th? Being good I hope?

sushi - YAY I am so happy you are running again!

maja - no sleep? That is no good. Mornings it such a good plan...just get it over with. I know I could not do it though . Good luck.

steph - Im not big on cliff bars...balance bars and luna bars are fantastic though . Sounds like you have a plan for this week.

Daisy - Its hard not to be jealous of girls like that. I shoot high school sports a lot and I am just in awe of their figures. But they have not really hit life yet you know. They haven't had the troubles that you get, that most of the time lead to the bodies we all own.

spill - You always sound so busy. Good luck to you to in July.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #10  
Stephanie

Stephie - I love the luna and balance bars too. I try to shop around so I don't get so sick of the ones I like. It's funny with running, I hate treadmill running, I can run further and faster outside, it's all mental for me with that though. I need to start running again. I just got orthotics about 2 weeks ago, so I can't wait to run, I had been getting horrible pain in the arches of my feet along with hip and knee pain after I would run, so I stopped. Sounds like you are doing very well!!!

Spill - Ahhh, summer classes. I opted to not take any this summer but I miss school very much right now. Come mid September I will probably be wishing it was summer again, but for now I can't wait for school again. I love how fast summer school is. I mean it is very hectic, but you get so much done that the regular semesters seem to be a snail pace!

Well, so far so good today, but it's only 1:30pm.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:01 PM   #11  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Happy 4th everyone!! This week is going to be another busy week around here.. Next week will be worse. Thank goodness baseball season is almost over!! Tournament week is next week then we're done!

Since my husband has started eating healthier, my eating has amazing been soooooooooo on track!! I've hit the 10# mark! Wooohoo!! Finally!!

I need to exercise though, I know it would come off soooooo much faster if I did but the time is such an issue right now.. I probably just need to get up outta bed earlier than I do now and do it then before work, etc,etc.. I can always come up with an excuse to not exercise and I need to quit that!!

Anyone tried the healthy choice options for food, ie: sausages, etc? They're actually pretty darn good. Hubby & I have been trying all kinds of different lower calorie foods. Actually loving it!

Have a great week everyone!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #12  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Happy 4th of July all! I'm staying home no point going anywhere I have to go to work tomorrow...
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Same with us Rosie. We'll be going to see fireworks tonight but other than that, we're staying at home.. Had to work yesterday, have to go back tomorrow.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #14  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Well, I'm back home from our long weekend. I did ok. Monday and today were not as good. No exercising and my eating wasnt really that great. BUT its still better than what it used to be. I actually went into a mini-mart on the way home and by-passed all the unheathly treats!!!
So its back to the gym and back to eating fabolous tomorrow.
Amber- Gratz on hitting the 10 pound mark!!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:53 AM   #15  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning all

i hope all of you in the states had a great 4th of July.

i had yesterday off sick with a headache from monday. today i feel like i have a cold, but it has subsided as the day has gone on. still a bit heady, but not sniffling and sneezing.

i am getting my eating back on track after some stupid food choices and will get more exercise in tonight hopefully. the fact that the past few days have been gloomy and cold have not encouraged me to go outside and walk but today looks better. i haven't been for a walk for ages. my heel is better too. not as painful as it was on monday.

amb-lyn - congratulations on your milestone! you are doing great!

trns - how is the morning session treating you? i read a great blog entry the other day about morning exercise. might cross post it in my blog later. very convincing.

stephie - good girl for starting the month out strong. i am keeping my eye on your blog
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote