Old 06-28-2006, 05:36 PM   #1  
Geeky Member

Height: 5'4"

Lightbulb Yourself Fitness PC software

I heard about this software recently and wanted to know if anybody uses it. How well do you like it and would you recommend it? Is there an alternative that you think is better? I've been researching it online, and most of the reviews I read say that it is excellent. I'm seriously considering purchasing it, though not too many places sell it, but I wanted to see what all of you thought first. Thanks!
Shadowcat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #2  

I have the XBOX version...

It was OK. For me, it wasn't "fun". But it's a cool little program. It has workouts depending on how you're feeling that day, which workout DVD's don't have, and it adjusts the workout program as you get stronger.

But...it's boring. The music doesn't get me pumped up, but then again, you might not be a pumped-up-music kind of person. The moves aren't all that fun. I stuck to it about 5 months, and yes, it made me lose weight. But of course, if you stick to any exercise program, it'll probably make you lose weight.

I liked the "Physical Challenge" that comes after every 10 workouts to check how you're progressing. Then again, I found it a bit annoying when I have to do the physical challenge when I would rather just do a session of workout and get it over with.

I found myself looking at the timer constantly, wishing for the workout to be complete. I could go for only 30 minutes at a time, due to disinterest. Now that I am doing another workout DVD, I am doing it 1 hour and 30 minutes per day. I was physically able to stand the workouts, just not mentally. I also didn't like how it made me do hard-impact workouts for like 4 minutes straight, then went back to no-sweat ones.

I just didn't like it. Sorry! But I guess I liked it enough to stick to it for 5 months. I probably won't ever go back to working out with it though. But I'll tell ya what...it has GREAT recipes!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #3  

I've been wondering about Yourself Fitness for quite awhile now. I'm on the verge of ordering it. Are you getting it ShadowCat or did you pass?
WaistingAweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #4  
Geeky Member

Height: 5'4"

Hamster, thanks for sharing your experience. You also gave me more details that weren't in the product description. I decided to go ahead and give it a try. What I will probably do, though, is use it inbetween my dance practices. I take belly dance classes and it is a pretty good workout, but I think it would help to alternate between the two. Hopefully that might help keep me from getting bored with it too quickly if I am doing something else besides just the Yourself Fitness. Music is a motivator for me also when I am working out. If the music turns out to be not-so-great, I might experiment with turning the sound off of the workout, and then using my own music while following along with the moves on the screen. The music won't sync up exactly with the movements on-screen, but I could just follow the movements to the beat of my own music. Honey, I will let you know how it goes after I've used it several times. I ended up getting mine directly from the Yourself Fitness website with a coupon code for $5.00 off: CEC143. I checked ebay, amazon, and several other places first, but they never had any copies.
Shadowcat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 AM   #5  

Oh, and about the music...you get to choose from like...3 or 4 categories at first. I forgot how much. And then, as you workout more, you are able to unlock these other music genres. Ha. So I guess that'll keep you going for a while, trying to unlock all the genres. Same thing with the workout environment!

Enjoy!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote