Old 06-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #1  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Default Have you ever felt as if it just isn't good enough??

Have you ever felt as if it just isn't good enough??

I have lost 102 (check ticker for current stats) and my one family doctor whom I see and really like and trust, ect. is like "Fab, you lost so much, but there still is a lot to go." And everytime I go to see him I am ever more concious that I have near 50lbs left to lose and I just feel like the fattest person in the world when I go to see my Dr. And the weirdest thing is that I really want to please him and lose the weight so that he will accept me as a normal sized person. How warped is that?
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:52 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Shame on him!! If you've taken the determination to lose this much weight, you know more than anybody that you still have work to be finished. Forget about pleasing him, it will only set you up for negative feedback. Hug yourself for doing a damn fine job and keep at it, you're doing wonderful!!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #3  
here I go again...

Oh sweetie! I agree with Jennifer- Shame on him! Don't let some guy that you (in all reality) spend such a small portion of your life with make you feel bad! I am more than envious of your success and I doubt that I'm alone in that. YOU ARE A SUCCESS and nobody can take that away from you!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #4  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Double shame on him. When I lose something as small as 2 pounds, my doctor is ecstatic. You'd think I lost 200 pounds the way he goes on. I really wish your doctor didn't make you feel that way. As a professional he should know that isn't helpful at all.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #5  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Shriking,
OMG I am so wowed that you have lost all that weight!!! Don't let a Dr slow you down. I'm with the other ladies! Shame on him! (of course he is a man... and we all know that they can be insensitive sometimes)
I am sure those last pounds will just melt off the way the rest have!!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Some doctors are just mean-spirited and constantly forget their Hippocratic oaths. And most of them are male. You shouldn't lose any sleep over it because probably 99% of all doctors would rave about a 100 lb weight loss. I remember Dr. Rey (90210) saying he can't get some of his patients to lose 10 pounds, let alone over 100.

And Charlotte, although your goal is 50 pounds away, you are only 24 pounds away from being in the normal BMI category. Maybe you need to remind him of that.

And yes, I do feel like my weight loss isn't good enough. It's hard seeing thin young women in spaghetti straps and shorts. Not that anyone has ever said anything derogatory to me, but just seeing thin women makes me feel like a whale. But I remember when I was obese, I would see chubby women, and they would make me feel bad. So I don't think the cycle will ever be broken.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #7  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

I agree, you have done sooo fabulous so far, you should be nothing but proud. Also, aren't they, *the doctors* always saying its best to lose weight slowly because you're more likely to keep it off and not cause extra health problems? Well, there you have it, you're still losing slowly, and that is great Screw him, you're an inspiration!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:39 PM   #8  

Wow!! 100 pounds - that is awesome!!! You should be SO proud of yourself and for the record you ARE a "normal" weight.
Maybe you consider going to a new doctor?
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 AM   #9  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Yup hes a jerk for saying that! you have done amazing!!!!its takes hard work to lose that much weight, good for you!!!!! next time just tell him that as much as you "appreciate" his concern about what you have left to lose you are well aware of that face and your like it if he was just a little less negative!...hahaha

great job girly!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:04 AM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Okay. So I know he's a doctor and they know everything and his approval means something to you, but it really doesn't matter how far he thinks you are from your goal. You have to be feeling pretty good about over a hundred pounds! A hundred pounds! As Billy Crystal would say, that's a Backstreet Boy!

I'm just sorry that he's making you feel that way. You know how much better you feel at 169. You know that you are so very close to where you want to be. Unless your expectations are clearly unhealthy, your doctor isn't offering medical advice, he's just being an *** (sorry for the language, but no other words fits just right).

I had a doctor monitering me throughout my loss. He asked what my goal was and decided it was within reason. I'm sure he was watching me pretty closely, but he didn't show it. He would make random comments about the loss, but it honestly didn't matter. Reaching my goals- weight-related and otherwise- matters most. Any good doctor will know that.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #11  
Living the Laguna life...

I second everything everyone has been saying! I can't believe a professional would act like that...you have lost SO much weight and, even if you aren't at goal, are a healthy weight! 169 pounds? In no way is that obese! My doctor was gushing over the fact that I lost 16 pounds in the past year! I guess here on 3FC we are so used to people who are commited to losing that we don't realize how difficult it must be for a doctor to try to get a unhealthy patient to lose weight! Have you thought about switching doctors? Congratulations on your weight loss, and I totally know what you mean about not feeling thin...I still feel like I am big and chubby most of the time even though I am at a totally normal weight!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #12  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Thanks everyone for your unconditional support!

The only reason why I continue to see this doc is that he is a longtime acquaintence of my family and good at what he does and do to a certain condition of mine (which I don't want to go into) I tend to see him like 8-10x a year. And it is almost like he is a father figure that I just want to be finally proud of me or something (that, though, is probably a topic better left to further discussion in therapy ).
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote