Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-24-2006, 02:59 AM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Carb Cycling?

has anyone tried it?

what did you think? worked?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #2  
Mel

Yes, it works. I've done it and continue to to it. But what are your goals other than scale weight loss?

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #3  
44lbs gone!

Reducing BF%!
Even thou Im gettin the scales down (slowly-imight add, 1lba week max)
I have a extremely high BF% which I want to redice dramatically in 2months after which I dont mind goingat a slower rate.
I guess its mainly to do with vainity, want to at least wear a swimsuit with out scarying people and I really want more energy, have definition and become stronger.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #4  
Mel

If your goal is to reduce body fat and you really weigh 116 pounds, at this point I'd really work on building muscle and quit worrying about the scale. I see that you are 4'10" so you aren't rail thin, but you can't be all that fat! Are you doing a consistent weight training program along with cardio and proper nutrition? That is going to make the difference in the "scary vision in a swimsuit" department.

Mel
Old 06-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #5  
44lbs gone!

*sigh, this reminds me of just earlier I bought a top in a size small and the girl questioned it being my size, I had already tired it on.
yes according to my scales at home and at the gym Im 116lbs from this morning, BUT my BF% is a scary 38% Im aiming for the range of 25-30%
hence I started resistance training.
I want to reduce BF, at the same time increase muscle mass,
I thought carb cycling would help with those two things.
and speed it up a bit

Last edited by angeleyezx; 06-24-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:33 PM   #6  
Mel

How was your body fat measured?

I wasn't doubting that you weigh what you say you do, but questioning how "fat" you really think you are. 116 could be a lot of muscle and some fat on a petite woman, or a lot of fat and a little muscle.

There's a thread going on this forum based on Tom Venuto's ebook "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle". His book would probably give you a solid understanding of how to go about changing your body composition and lowering your body fat.

Your profile says that you are 21 yrs old. If you're in good health, doing some heavy lifting and cardio should change those percentages fairly rapidly

Mel
Old 06-25-2006, 03:54 AM   #7  
44lbs gone!

Thanks Mel, I was measured by one of those hand held, arms length things.
Im 20yo, Ill increase my WO then, then only prob is I did that tuesday and my upper legs/thighs killed my the next day aching when sitting/bending/using the stairs etc so I didnt go back for 2days

thanks for the advice!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:19 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyezx
Thanks Mel, I was measured by one of those hand held, arms length things.
Im 20yo, Ill increase my WO then, then only prob is I did that tuesday and my upper legs/thighs killed my the next day aching when sitting/bending/using the stairs etc so I didnt go back for 2days

thanks for the advice!
Those things are highly innaccurate. I would go by how you look, rather than a %BF goal. At 116# I bet you are not too far off your optimal weight.

Certainly a BMI of 24 is not exactly "scary", so I doubt you are at any health risk. Like Mel said, just focusing on some heavy lifting could dramatically change your body composition at this bodyweight.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #9  
Mel

Are you doing full body workouts or a split workout? If you are lifting heavy enough to make yourself that sore, you NEED to rest the muscles that you used for 2-3 days or more. Muscles grow when they rest- not when they are being stressed in the gym.

For muscle growth, I recommend doing a split workout- at the very least split Upper body and Lower body so that you can continue to workout, but give your muscle groups adequate rest and recoup time. There are lots of old thread on splits- let me see if I can find some:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ighlight=split

This topic has come up many times over the years that I've been here. I just did a search in the LWL forum on the word "split" with Mel as the poster. There were 126 threads. You could looks at the three that I highlighted for you, or do the search and see what else we talked about. Other sources of information are The Body Sculpting Bible, Body for Life, Body for Life for Women, or the Krista Smash site: www.stumptuous.com

Mel
Old 06-27-2006, 12:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: SW=145/CW=132/GW=125

Height: 5'5"

I did caloric cycling last month for 3 weeks becuz I was stuck in a plateau for almost a month and it worked wonders! I also got it from bodybuilding.com.
missy428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:28 PM   #11  
44lbs gone!

hi missy!, can u give me an exmaple of wat u was doing?