Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default Need Control During the Weekend

Throughout the week, I eat so well. I eat 6 small meals throughout the day, use portion control, and even order the most healthy thing off the menu when I go out (which I rarely do during the week), but come Fri 5'o clock, and my healthy state of mind shuts off and I find myself either ordering a very unhealthy dish at a restaurant (I eat out a lot during the weekend) and eating all of it (I am PRESIDENT of the 'Clean-your-plate-club). I always binge, a habit Ive kicked--but i see it coming back. What can I do to take the eating habits I have during the week with me during the weekend.
ILUVFOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Treat the weekend days like any other days. On Friday nights, I stop by the store after work and get food for the weekend, I treat those days like any other day.

Don't eat out so much on the weekend, restaurants make it very difficult to make good choices - they are not in the business of health, they are in the business of making the tastiest food possible by whatever means possible to ensure repeat business. Research the restaurant in advance, if they have a menu online, look at it. Make your decision when you aren't hungry or tempted by the good smells around you. Don't even open your menu at the restaurant, just order the healthy choice you picked earlier. If you always clean your plate, box up half before you start.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #3  
Hot by association

S/C/G: ?/110/?

I have the same problem with eating over the weekend. I don't go out to dinner much, but whenever I got out somewhere where there might be food, I'll eat a small salad or something high in protein beforehand so that I won't be starving and give in to the snacks. Also, I try not to drink more than one alcoholic drink, because it makes me more likely to let my guard down and eat things I normally wouldn't.

I usually have the most trouble when I'm at home during the weekend though. I have to try to be out of the house as much as possible by going shopping, or to the movies, or the park. I've made a habit of cleaning my house if I'd otherwise just be sitting around, to get my mind off the fridge. Some other things I do if I'm stuck in the house are beauty treatments, like whitening my teeth or doing my nails. It not only keeps my focus off food, but it makes me feel good.
BelleDeJour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

This is my problem exactly....and the problem is not so much the weekend...its that I dont do anything with my time. I don't get out and socialize enough. During the week, I have work to keep me busy - on the weekends, its just me and the kitchen and my thoughts of driving to the nearest fast food joint or grocery store LOL. I've been trying to excercise in the AM on the weekends, that way I stay motivated for the rest of the day. I also write down everything I eat. I have a pretty thourough log of things Ive consumed since about March and I've managed to make plans on the weekends that dont include going out to eat lol.

Good luck to you!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

Lightbulb Lots of good ideas here!

I struggle with weekend eating v. weekday eating, too. There are a lot of good ideas on here, things that I do regularly (making a choice before going out to eat, go grocery shopping early Friday evening). If I have friends who want to get together on weekends, I try to veer them away from restaurants and into a healthier activity like a bike ride or a walk. Another thing that helped me is that I emailed all of my TOPS group members Friday afternoon and asked them what their weekend strategies were, and told them that I am committing to only eating in a restaurant once this weekend. I also asked them to check in with me at our Monday meeting to see that I did it. I find that the email I sent out on Friday afternoon got a few encouraging responses, and that paired with my vocalized commitment to stay away from restaurant food helped me through the weekend.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote