Old 06-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/139

Height: 5'8" / Female

Smile Newbie who is Determined

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading many of the posts on the "Calorie Counters" forum and it's great to see most doing so well. I started counting calories since May 16th and have lost about 9lbs already. I track everything I eat in a calendar on my computer and add up the total calories calories consumed for each day. Then I total it up for the week and calculate how many pound(s) I should have lost.

As you all probably know, a 3500 calorie DEFICIT equates to a 1-pound loss.

I made a nice spreadsheet that calculates all this for me and tells me how many calories I can eat in a 7-day week to lose 1lb, 2lbs, etc. I find that it is possible to lose 1-2lbs per week, but anything more than 3lbs is almost impossible given the number of calories you would be allowed to consume.

Anyways, hello everyone and good luck to all! I look forward to tracking my progress with all of you and providing support for all of us who want to lose some weight and look GREAT!
determined2succeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

It sounds like you are on the right path to lose the weight. With your positive attitude and resonable thinking you are going to do great. Look forward to seeing your sucsess.
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #3  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Determinded could you email a copy of your spread sheet i'd like to do that im the type that when i have something in front of me to go on, i do it 100 % i just feel it would help me if you could? let me know thanks
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/155/139

Height: 5'8" / Female

Sure, I'd be happy to send you the spreadsheet. How shall I contact you? (I don't have your email address)
determined2succeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies-
I removed the email address in this thread-because it is better (and safer) to send this information using the private message features here. Since it is a public forum, anyone can get your email address (even a nonmember and especially spammers) if it is just listed in a post.

I would also like to add that the spreadsheets are a good concept-but our bodies don't always fit with the 3500=a pound rule. It is more of an "average". I find that personally, if I did a spreadsheet I would get really, really frustrated. I tend to lose 2-3 pounds in one week...and then nothing the next, and so forth...rather than it being like clockwork. The human body doesn't always follow what the spreadsheet says that it should be doing.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm the same as aphil. Over the long term, I lose, say 1 1/2 pounds/week, but some weeks is none (or a gain) and then, whoosh! 3 pounds gone another week.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote