Old 06-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #1  

Default I am still here :)

I know that yall have probably thought that I have forgotten about this board, but I haven't! I am still here

These last couple of weeks have been rough. I lost my abstinence to sugar but I did at least keep my abstinence to overeating. I let my period and emotions get to me.

Last night I was feeling really bad and my husband made the comment "It is like you have been poisoned". Wow ~ that said it all. I HAVE been poisoned and I did it to myself.

I have done some really stupid things these last couple of weeks, including smoking a few cigarettes to try and get rid of some of the cravings that I have had - cravings that have returned because I used sugar again. Stupid, stupid, stupid - both the sugar and the cigarettes.

I am having a little outpatient surgery in the morning and will be pretty out of it for about three days. I am considering this a blessing and an opportunity to rid myself of all this trash again, but the meds are going to make it much easier this time.

I think I have my head back on straight now and am ready to move forward... back on the program full force, working the steps, and USING those tools!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Water-
Great to see you!

I'm sorry for your struggle with sugar. It's a strong opponent waiting and lurking in the shadows for our weak moments.

Hurray! You know that using the tools is the key, and you are turning to them.

I wish you well with your surgery and recovery and look forward to hearing from you again afterwards.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:57 PM   #3  

Thanks Marny I will definitely be back!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote