General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:14 PM   #1  

Default Raw food vegan diet

I was wondering what you all thought about this type of diet.

rawfoodtalk dot com

A friend of mine has kind of been pushing me to it; but I am not sure.
Chocolate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #2  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

I'm not going to speak to the good or bad of the dietary plan, as I don't have any experience as to how easy/hard it is to live with. However, I do encourage you to NOT choose such an important part of your life as eating is based on the direction of anyone, well intentioned or not.

If you think it sounds good, and it's something YOU are interested in, fine- try it out and see how it goes for you. But if you don't think it sounds right for you don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. We all have choices to make in life and they are ours alone, and no true friend will think bad of you just because you don't make the same decision they do.

Also, if you decide to try this out, you might want to consider seeing a nutritionist to make sure that you get proper nutrition- there is always so much mis-information on specialized diets about and you'll want to get the run-down from a reliable source.
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The raw food vegan diet is a very, very difficult one to follow. To do it healthfully, you really have to be careful about every little thing that you are eating to ensure that you are getting the proper nutrients and getting enough protein. Protein is a big concern with the raw food diet.

With how stringent this plan is, I would not commit to it under the pressure of someone else...only on my own convictions. It isn't going to be something that you can stick to, if your beliefs and convictions are not leading you to do so. It is more than just a diet...it is a very strict lifestyle-where you are eating NO animal products (such as a vegan does-no cheese, eggs, meat, etc. or byproducts in ANYTHING) but also you are going RAW at the same time...which makes it 20x harder, because there are a lot of vegan products out there (soy/tofu fake meat products, soy/tofu dishes etc.) that you are not going to be able to consume as well because you are going raw.

I won't kid you...it is one of the hardest lifestyles out there, and you aren't going to be able to live like that under the pressure of someone else alone.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:32 AM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Queen, if you have had trouble 'counting' things and keeping track based on your recent post in Mediterranean I wouldn't recommend this raw vegan plan. It will be so much extra work to make sure you are eating healthy. Keep looking around if you haven't found what is right for you. Stick around Mediterranean for awhile and just chill with us while you figure out what course will be best for you. Maintainers also has a LOT of great posts to read. Hugs your way.

Jayde
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
Queen, if you have had trouble 'counting' things and keeping track based on your recent post in Mediterranean I wouldn't recommend this raw vegan plan. It will be so much extra work to make sure you are eating healthy. Keep looking around if you haven't found what is right for you. Stick around Mediterranean for awhile and just chill with us while you figure out what course will be best for you. Maintainers also has a LOT of great posts to read. Hugs your way.

Jayde
thanks; I think I will do that!
Chocolate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I have gone through periods of having a raw diet (like a week at a time), but it is very difficult to maintain full time. It really takes a true appreciation for the concept itself in order to do it properly. It is possible to get the protien you need through raw foods alone, but it's very difficult as the pleasure of eating is almost completely removed, which can lead to disaster. You have to really study the diet and know the foods and careful planning is a major key. To make a long story short, it's a very commited way of living and you can't successfully change your way of living on someone else's accord.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote