Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 05:18 PM   #1  

Default Atkins Diet

Hi, can someone address the Atkins diet on here and tell me what if any experiences they have had with it?? The reason I posted on the WW general board is because I thought I would get more responses of people maybe possibly having done Atkins and then turning to WW. I am doing WW going to meetings. My husband however, has started ATKINS, against my wishes of course but I wanted to find out more about it and found out some REAL LIFE experiences about it. I appreciate any responses to my question.
Old 08-23-2001, 05:56 PM   #2  
Slimwithin

If you look down the list of forums here at 3FC, you will find one that says Low Carb. There you will find a lot of people who are currently on the Atkins program and swear by it. I was on it myself about 20 years ago and did very well. I stayed healthy and lost a lot of weight. In fact, I'd never had such energy and felt so in control of my appetite and my emotions. I kept the weight off for several years until I let the scaremongers and nay-sayers get to me and I began eating my old way again and, of course, gained all the weight back plus a bunch.
I tried Atkins again for two years recently but it just doesn't work for me anymore. I guess my metabolism has slowed down a lot in my middle age. Now, I'm on WW but trying to keep it lower carb because I find that my body doesn't react well to too much refined flour and sugar. So far (9 weeks) I've lost 13 pounds which is better than I did in two years on Atkins. But, don't let that deter your hubby from giving Atkins a try. Most men do very well on a low carb plan. Just make sure he gets a good multivitamin pill every day and lots of water. It's not an unhealthy way to eat because you can have a lot of low carb vegetables. Anyone who tries to tell you that all you eat on Atkins is meat, butter and cream doesn't know what they're talking about. You eat lean meat, salads and lots of low carb veggies....and even a bit of fruit occasionally. Nothing to be scared of.
Closed Thread