Old 06-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #1  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile Sugar-Free Jello

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Is sugar-free jello allowed during induction ? I am going to eat as clean as possible...meat, salads, veggies and I would like to have jello for an evening snack.

Thank you, hope everyone is have a good day !
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Sugar-Free Jello

Hi Janice

I'll give you my 2 cents worth on sugar-free jello. Dr. Atkins book says if you are doing Induction not to eat anything that is not on the acceptable foods list. Sugar-free jello isn't on it. It also contains aspartame, a common "staller" for some people. You can make your own version of "sugar-free jello" using Splenda & powdered sugar-free Kool-Aid...although,the Kool-Aid contains maltodexterin which isn't any better for you than aspartame. My advice...steer clear of it and eat clean. Its well worth it in the long run

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #3  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Thumbs up

Hi Kim,

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I didn't think it was allowed but thought I'd ask anyway before I started back again, I want to do this right.

Take care...
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

On page 131 of the new Atkins Diet Revolution book...it states that you can have flavored gelatin made with sucralose (Splenda), topped with whipped heavy cream. Not sure if that helps?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/230/150

Height: 5'5

I eat it all the time sometimes twice a day with the whipped cream and still loose about 15 pounds on my first two weeks of induction. Honestly it is the only thing that settles my tummy and makes me last on the diet!! Good luck with whatever you chose to do!
chunkeymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #6  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Talking I would die without jello

The first time i did atkins, I ate all the jello my body could hold and I still lost a lot. I have restarted atkins again this week after a long time off and i am still eating my jello and losing. Good luck to you and your decision.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

I eat the jello with whipped cream as well.

good stuff.

On the Sample Induction Menu in the book it does list jello with whipped cream, so it must be ok.

YMMV

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #8  

I dont think the aspartame that is in jello is going to hinder you losing weight. I mean, the only way to lose weight is to workout more and consume less. As long as you are doing that, I think low-calorie sweeteners like aspartame are great because they can help people eat lower calories but still enjoy good tasting food
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Question Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtapose
On the Sample Induction Menu in the book it does list jello with whipped cream, so it must be ok.

I am really confused My book, Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution says on page 128 "We discourage the use of aspartame (marketed as NutraSweet and Equal)" and the sample induction menu on page 133 makes no mention of jello
Old 06-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #10  

Forgive me. To be more exact...

In New Diet Revolution pages 232-233 it has a menu. It does just say a "gelatin dessert made with sucralose topped with whipped cream".

Anyone know if they make Jello with Splenda?

- Jux
Old 06-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #11  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Forgive me. To be more exact...

In New Diet Revolution pages 232-233 it has a menu. It does just say a "gelatin dessert made with sucralose topped with whipped cream".

Anyone know if they make Jello with Splenda?

- Jux
Ah ok...thanks for clearing that up While Atkins does not recommend aspartame, it does recommend sucralose (Splenda).

They do make Jello with Splenda however, it is not easy to find. You can make your own using sugar-free Kool-Aid & Splenda however...sugar-free Kool-Aid contains maltodextrin which is probably as bad for you if not worse than aspartame.

Cream Cheese with a little DaVinci's syrup (sweetened with Splenda) is a very satisfying dessert suitable for induction.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 PM   #12  

SF jello with whipped cream is the only sweet I ate during induction and I have been losing about 2 pounds per month-not alot and not very fast, but we are all different. See what works for you. I am close to goal and want to keep the weight off this time around, so the slow pace fits me just fine! But...I love my SF jello!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 161#
5'8"

Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:21 PM   #13  

Quote:
however...sugar-free Kool-Aid contains maltodextrin which is probably as bad for you if not worse than aspartame.
I did some research. Turn out Splenda contains maltodextrin as well.

Here's some copy from their website:

SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener also contains a very small amount of the common food ingredients, dextrose and/or maltodextrin, for volume. Because the amount of these ingredients is so small, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener still has an insignificant calorie value per serving and meets FDA's standards for "no calorie" sweeteners.

---

Just can't win can we? lol Ah well. Just gotta do what feels right I guess.

- Jux
Old 06-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #14  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Just can't win can we? lol Ah well. Just gotta do what feels right I guess.

- Jux
Thats why I try to avoid anything "artificial" and eat as clean as possible