Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default WEIGHT LOSS and chit chat # 197

Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies.

We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting! So please, won't you join us?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #2  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for all the nice comments about my 10 yr. anniversary vow renewal plan & my Avatar. Sounds weird but the Smokies are where our "heart & souls" are and someday we want to move there. Its hard to explain but that is how we feel so that is why we thought it would be fun to have a vow renewal and to make it "Fun" and casual. Not saying our wedding wasn't, just well you know how it is the 1st time round, not for everyone, but just is kinda nerve racking, I was nervous until we finally got to the church, then I was fine it was just everything leading up to it was so nerve racking! lol.

So we want the vow renewal to be completely fun and casual. Hmmmmmm too bad we couldn't get Kenny Chesney to play at our ceremony or reception or whatever. (he's my fav and he is from Tennessee too) Okay so a girl can dream, right? lol.

Anyways...............I have two years before that so who knows! lol.

Cafe Ole - Sounds like you had a good time. Can you beleive I've never been camping? lol. I wanna go someday though. Congrats on the WL! Sorry to hear about your promotion. Sounds a lot like where I work. Its all about who you know and usually has nothing to do with your job history or skill level. Our co. are a bunch of tight wads when it comes to raises, we may not even get one period this year! I think the most they ever give to anybody for a yearly raise is 1-2%.

Jane - thanks I shall enjoy my time alone tomorrow. I don't have kids, but I do have ONE BIG kid -- hub and two "furry" ones (cats). So I get a "Break" from the "Big" kid tomorrow. lol. Thanks for the comment on my avatar. I love my wedding pictures. Its about the only pictures I personally feel I look good in, besides my senior pictures. lmao. Not exactly sure what is going on with your legal issues, but I do have a story for anybody who has a house/car/bank account.

My step dad passed away in 03 from Cancer. Now he did have a will that they did before he died, leaving everything to my mother. BUT once he passed on, we found out that his life insurance policy beneficiary (sp?) from his work was still his EX wife, NOT my mother. We are sure he just never thought of it once he got remarried to my mom because he had been with his co. for over 25 years. Luckily his EX did sign the check over, but it was a mess and my mom was HOT when she heard. If that wasn't enough, they THOUGHT they had their house covered so when he passed that it would be paid for. WRONG. The insurance stated they ONLY had disability insurance on it, not life insurance. We fought it all the way up to the local Congressman, but nothing worked, the insurance co. won and my mom lost the house, her new vehicle that my step dad picked out for her, EVERYTHING. She ended up filing for bankruptcy. So just a little note here, update those policies and if you do not understand your policies, please get a lawyer to explain them to you!

After that experience, everybody in our families checked their policies and my in-laws even got more insurance and are now updating their wills just to be safe. Better to do it now, while you are well and in good thought than to have something terrible happen, like what happened to my mom and lose not only a loved one, but lose EVERYTHING you both worked so hard to get. My step dad always promised my mom would have a house of her very own and he lived up to the promise, they got a house, too bad my mom lost it along with my step dad. It was very very hard for her. But she made it through, I honestly don't know how she did it, but she did and she is my hero because of all she has been through. Not just this, but her whole life...........

Well just thought I would share. Sorry I got long winded there!

to any newbies I may have missed!

Old 06-14-2006, 01:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening everyone!!

Seemed like such a loooonnnggg day at work.

Going to attempt to get you all on here....lets see.........

Jules--Ouch! My sister just had a gallstone removed a few weeks ago. I had to laugh at her because she was picturing this tiny thing like sand.....not at all, it was a size of a quarter or something like that. I told her that I've seen some the size of eggs and bigger. Must've been painful. Hope that figure out whats wrong so he can heal!

Michelle--Your DD is going to have so much fun traveling and seeing new places she hasn't been before. What a great experience for the both of them!! Hope you're having an easier time on the computer now.....let us know if you're not.

Robin--So sorry that you didn't get your promotion! I hate that kind of thing.....interviewing for things like that. We have to put in a request then get interviewed for a shift change position. Now how silly is that?? I would love to see photos...I will PM you my address.

Cristi--I sure would hope that he wouldn't leave me looking like a fool! Maybe I ought to start cutting for real and see what he does!

Jane--58 acres??? Wow! I knew you lived on land...but had no idea how much. That's wonderful. Will each one of your kids get a piece to live on?? Now...how many kids do you have? I always hear about the girls....you have a son too?? How did I miss that???

Sue--Too bad your house wasn't online so I could view it!! I love to look at homes. And then there are the homes that haven't even been cleaned and they're being shown. Now what in the world were they thinking???

Angie--Books on tape or IPod would be great! I used to listen to a story about some war on my way home from work. I was so lost that I had to keep replaying it! That or I was so bored of it...never did finish it and gave it back to the guy who loaned it to me. So my suggestion...get books that you're interested in!

Trixie--Hello and welcome. Hope to hear more from you. Feel free to just start posting and share more w/us. Glad to have you here.

Shel--I think your idea of renewal sounds special. Casual or not, that is something that you two want and that's what will make it special and memorable. I would love to see photos of the smokies....do you have any??

Ok...I wasn't avoiding the question about relocating...but since it was asked more than once I thought I would save it for last.

Don't know when it'll happen. Or if it will happen. But it's still in Oregon. Just up North a bit. An hour drive from Eugene. Not sure what we'll do yet. I'm half an hour from Eugene now...so it's just means more driving.

I'll keep ya posted.

Ok...more to read so off I go!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:04 AM   #4  
~Believe~

Hi Marti!

Thanks. Yes I have tons of The Smokeys. I'll have to share some with ya sometime.

Good Luck with the Relocating thing, if and when it happens.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #5  
ugggg.....

Just wanted to stop in and say "HI!" -- had a flat tire on the way to work--actually at the end of our very long driveway!! Phone's ringing gotta go!!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hapy Hump Day

Angie - yay for getting in to Dr. McKenna so much sooner. What type of an evaluation will he be doing?

Cristi - I get so many catalogs that I don't even look at, so one day I started calling them all and told them to take me off their mailing lists. But I do love the Terry's Village one. They are affiliated with Oriental Express, so I get that one, too, but don't order.

Trixie - welcome! I'm looking forward to knowing more about you.

Sue - here's a tip - if you're writing a long post, take a second and copy it as you go. Then if it gets lost in cyberspace, you've got a backup. Hope you get good feedback on the house today. Let us know! Uh, if you hear a knock on your door today, it will be a carrier with my ironing. He'll wait while you get it done, and bring it back to me.

Shel - Kenny Chesney rocks. I've never seen him in concert, but my son has, several times. Yikes, your poor mom!! One thing - after a person has a run of bad things happening, usually, lots of good things are right around the corner. Hope it's like that for her.

Marti - Terry, Gina, Mackenzie and Macy... is any of this ringing a bell, lol. Can't believe you don't remember them, lol. Anyway, they were supposed to get married July 8, but I think they're going to have a private ceremony on July 5th since that's a special anniversary for them. Then they're having a big reception. Yikes, it bites that you have to wait now before planning to buy a home.

Julie - oh dear, I hope your day gets less exciting, lol. Who changed the tire? I don't even know how to change one, but I know how to call and get someone else to do it, lol.

Hello to all others reading this.

Need to sweep and mop today, and get a few things done for the lunch with my buddies tomorrow. Also need to get some laundry done, and see to it that Sue gets my ironing finished, lol.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #7  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning All!

I think I figured out the attachments -- this is our Pergola! That is my dh in the background, just ignore him LOL

Jules... I can handle biscuits but not mush, oatmeal or grits -- that is the DH's thing, he loves that stuff & if you have biscuits you have to have the killer gravy with it (UGH he is pure South let me tell you).
a flat at the end of your drive - was it a nail? We had about a million ants on ours, the kids spilled pop and didn't rinse it off. Then I go my normal way to work & no advance notice until you get there that the road is closed. So I had to turn around on a bridge mind you and go 2 miles out of my way to go to work. Like they couldn't tell you before you got there? duh

Shel...We had an enormous wedding and if I ever got to do it again, I would go to Vegas (ok really only because that is a good excuse to go there as I have never been

I love the Smokies! Have you done Gatlinburg? I have been there a few times but last time if you went to town I was bumming as it is so commercial & touristy now. Camping is a blast (Ok I am spoiled, we have a 5th wheel), but I sure love it!

That is horrible what happened and to loose the house too! I am so sorry that happened! I am going to go read over ours now too and double check it.

Angie... I know thanks! I was just sick they said I couldn't have the promo cause I wasn't a minority BUT I can keep doing the job at my current pay & level becuase I am not? Do you see a red flag on this anywhere or is it just me? I could call them on it but why turn a job I love into a nightmare for me down the road? I did take a walk and talked to myself (bad habit I know LOL and I am sure I got looks that I was crazy) but I feel better

I am sorry you didn't get the job you were after. We need a big fatfree liquored up Frozen Margarita! There is the perfect job with your name on it out there and I bet you will find it where you least expect it!

Jane... LOL if it were only that easy, I would have them call you!
58 acres! YEEHA that is a ton of land! We have 1/4 acre, I feel so deprived now

Cristina... Alright, first ya'll give me the Crate & Barrel and now I find Terry's Village. My Dh is going to kill me if I buy more stuff LOL --- cute website though I have to go browse there more in a bit

Sue... WOW sounds like your showing are going well & coming fast! There are a lot of homes here for sale (with all the plant closings) and they just aren't selling either. When the market gets back on track we might look in the country maybe, I am tired of city living & small yards. I am jealous of Jane's 58 acres!

Hi to everyone I missed!

Last edited by Cafe Ole; 07-12-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Robin,,,Im with you,,,fatfree liquored up margaritas! I can't believe they actually said that that because you are not a minority? yikes don't even want to touch that.
love the pic...we were talking about doing that with our back yard and I hve to say I like the way your patio looks. (Im going to be just like Robin,,,same ipod,,and patio...lol) ok that is sounding a bit creepy...lol

Jane, so is Terry and Gina going to have you guys to the private ceremony? or its that private? 58 acres Id love to have that much land.

Trixie,,,welcome! I hope you get teh job at the gas station...
well Im off to work...*sigh didn't sleep well,,,bad thunder and lightening storm at about 3 am last night. Shook the house.
later Ladies...
Old 06-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Not a lot going on at the moment. Feeling pretty good. The sciatic nerve is bothering me but that'll go away soon. Just need hubby to pop my back and I'm all good!

Shell--I'm looking forward to seeing photos! I love seeing photos! (yea, I'm a little nuts.....)

Jules--I hope some tall dark and handsome man came out and helped you w/your tire! I've never had a flat....and I hope I don't. Will keep an eye on those tires of mine!

Jane--Terry!! OMG...I can't believe I forgot about him. So sorry. Yes, I remember now. Just hear so much about Mary and Katie.....I guess it's time to add Terry in there more! Ooh...wedding is just a few weeks away! How exciting. Are they getting married in your big yard? I can picture it all done so beautifully. I think I'll tell James that when we renew our vows we're going to Janes house in her back yard to do it! Then we'll buy an acre of land and live nearby!

Robin--The photos of the deck are beautiful! I love how you have the little stove off to the side. So pretty. I would be BBQing all summer on that patio!

Angie--Was I reading correctly, do we have a "single white female" on our hands?? I'm all up for a fatfree margarita too. But you know, it doesn't need to be fatfree for me! Just give to me as is!

Must get breakfast. And a cup of coffee. Anyone try the coffeemate "Vanilla chai spice"? It's so good. It's like drinking pumpking pie. Ok...maybe not that bad, but its' really good. So I"m off to make some.

Have a great morning!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #10  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies......

Just popping in because I'm feeling blue......... Won't go into details but makes me just want to totally give up. Why should I even bother anymore? I just don't know how much more I can take.

Sorry to be a bummer...........
Old 06-14-2006, 02:06 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon...Well, I got the ironing done and even managed another load of laundry. Don't know how two people can dirty so much. At least we are a clean duo now.
Nothing else much to do since the house is tip top. Haven't heard from our realtor yet, so don't know what the "lookie-loos" thought of our place.

Shel- I don't know what has happened, and don't know what I can say. If I was there I would give you a big Hang in there!

Marti- I have had sciatica several times and it is very painful. Hope you get relief soon. Have a good day.

Trixie- Welcome and hope to "talk" to you soon.

Robin- Yes, the housing market here has cooled off...our house value is down from what we could have gotten if we had sold a few years back. It is also due to plant closings and people losing jobs right and left. Luckily, we built the house ourselves, so it also cost us less years ago.

Jane- Sorry, I didn't get your ironing before I put the ironing board away. Now you have to wait for another week.

I am going to go be lazy for awhile. Be back tonight.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #12  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Angie... oh yes they said that to my face, I wish I had that in writing (that will never happen)

LOL that is ok, I just won't tell you where I shop for clothes HAHAHAHA

Marti... the girls roast marshmallows in there & their own hot dogs, otherwise it is just our "fire pit" for cooler evenings or get-togethers with friends & family (we have the biggest deck on the block

Shel... I don't know what's wrong, I am sorry you feel so blue. Would hugs help at all???

Sue... Don't you LOVE having laundry done and then I swear the second you turn around, someone put something else in it. But we sure can't run around naked LOL

Have a great night - chat with you all tomorrow
Old 06-14-2006, 02:52 PM   #13  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Cafe Ole - Your back porch is beautiful!!! Did you build it??

Da fat n da furious - I hope I get the job at the gas station as well, I dont want to stay at the chinese place, not my thing, and it is hard to work for someone you can hardly understand!

My day is going good so far...I have a bit of a headache but it isn't too bothersome, I drew another fairy today, a tiger fairy, based on one of Amy Brown's and it turned out really well, I love to draw but usually I can only draw one good thing once in a blue moon, but I want to draw more and get better, I still can't draw anything unless I have a picture to draw from, so hopefully eventually I wil get good enough to draw purely from my imagination.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

To answer Jane & Marti's question on who changed the tire--yes it was a tall, dark and handsome guy and I actually sleep with him everynight. Hubby and I ride together so he took care of it. I have had three flat tires in my whole entire life and never have had to change one--one of them I was 8 months pregnant with my son

Robin--you got to have the good gravy!!! especially chipped beef or just the plain old milk gravy!! actually I need the gravy hubby doesn't--no wonder U weigh more than I should!! Cute house, I love your back deck!

Shel--I hope everything's okay--I get a little blue now and then myself--getting over the empty nest thing and turning 40 last December was rough for me!!

Sue--I tell my DH the same thing about the house getting so dirty with just the two of us--of course we have two big dogs too!! It's been so dry I can't keep up with the dusting with the windows open.

Angelia--I don't see you as a stalker or follower so I think you'll be fine--getting great ideas from friends is wonderful since you know it works!!

Trixie--sorry about the headache--my DD and all her friends love fairys--her one friend is an art major who's birthday is in the fall--there is a "How to Draw Fairies" book on Amazon that I want to get for her--though she does good on her own.

Well back to work--breaks over!! Hi to everyone else!!
Old 06-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Not much going on but wanted to say HI

SHEL...so sorry you are feeling blue. I too wish I knew what was wrong and the right words to say. Hope you can feel these hugs Thank you for the heads up on the insurance, etc. But so sorry about your mom losing the house and car, etc. that is just terrible. Lots of hugs to you and her.

MARTI...are you serious about not ever having a flat? That probably jinxed you now. Sorry about James possibly going to be transferred...geez, that would be terrible to go from a 30 mn. drive to an hour drive. Maybe if they do do that you guys can find a place in the middle somewhere. Hey, I too love looking at houses online. I do that sometimes when I am bored.

SUE... I did take a break from walking over the weekend but was back on track Tuesday. Took my free day Monday so have to work out/walk the rest of the week. I really am enjoying going to It Figures and the time spent there seems to go by so fast. When I work out at home it seems so slow for some reason. You know...I felt the same way when we had our house listed. and the last straw was when someone was jumping on the couch! Don't know if they actually jumped on it or what but all the cushions were messed up that the only way they would be that messed up was if someone did jump on the couch. And I could'nt believe that people actually come in someone else's house and have no respect for them that they go through things...what a nightmare. I hope you have much luck and a very quick sale!

ROBIN...I forgot to send you my email address, oops! But thanks for putting the pics here...the deck and pergola look GREAT! Now did you and hubby to the deck also? Our pergola will look a little similar to yours but a little bit smaller since we are just doing a section of the patio. We saw a pic in one of DH's handyman magazines and going with it with some changes of course. It has copper for decoration that I thought would be a nice touch. Anyway..it looks good and you guys did a GREAT job!

JANE...I get that catalog also...plus a zillion more. I need to find the address/number to contact the main place to get off these peoples mailing list. it gets crazy sometimes!

HI to everyone else, JULES, TRIXIE, KATHY and anyone I may have missed...

Have a good day ladies!
Closed Thread