Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #1  
Mel

Default Biking Vacations!

Love to ride? Why not combine it with a vacation...to Spain, for example
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #2  

Better pack the gallon size jug of sunscreen!
Hey Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #3  

I'd love to do that (please see next paragraph!), maybe one year when I'm not running 1/2 marathons in Amsterdam, supporting people at the Berlin marathon and swimming between Greek islands!!!

Edited to say - can I keep my clothes on for the bike ride though??? I don't some how think a naked tush and a bike seat are a girls best friend!!!

As for the sunscreen, I discovered a great SPF 40 completely sweat resistant sunscreen. It made it through my 10k, not a bit of sunburn!!! It has the consistency of builder's cement, however! Not sure how it would go on your more private parts of your anatomy!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

OMG I read Mel's post in all seriousness - NOT clicking the link - then Kylie's and went, huh? Had to go back and click the link. TOOO funny!

I have actually looked at a biking trip in Tuscany though. Sounds like a ton of fun, though we've got more places we want to go than we have time or $$ to do.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #5  
Mel

Four years ago, I went on a two week bike trip through the Burgundy Valley in France with my dh, mother and step-father. We had a wonderful time (and kept our clothes on!). Our trip was arranged through a UK company called Cycling for Softies. We packed all our clothes in saddlebags with no sag wagon, but the trip was wonderful. My mom and step-father have now done 14 trips with this company. I'd love to go again-- but the Nekkid Ride does NOT appeal!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote