Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #1  

Default Week of 6/11

Hi ladies!

I am so far off program it's not funny. I am kind of depressed. Things here are a bit stressful. Instead of meeting life head on and tackling my problems I am being a rebellious kid and saying "Screw you" and eating a ton of crap I know I shouldn't, just to be bratty really.

Well, It will be a better week I hope!. The baby is crying so I better run. Have a great day!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Default It's been soooo long

Hey Misty,

I haven't been to the sight in a while. I was kinda in a slump myself, but I have stopped making excuses and have gotten myself in gear. Don't beat yourself up over being rebellious. We all do it sometimes, especially the ones who have children. We have to be everything to everybody, so it's ok to just say screw it sometimes. Just don't do it too long (for health purposes). I know that you are a strong person and you won't let this hold you down for long. Why don't you start another challenge. Maybe for a couple weeks in the summer.

Well other than that how has everything been going? For me, I have stopped putting things before my health and joined the ymca and I love it. Im going like 3-5 times a week. And I am also trying to get bck to my WW points system. It's a slow process, but my body is saying that you. I'm drinking lots of water, eating way more fruits and veggies than usual, and loving exercise.

I hope everything works out in your favor, keep me posted.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey there. I've been about the same, scared to get on the scale. I don't think I've gained, hopefully I'm about the same.

I've decided to try a VLC diet for a couple of weeks. My plan is to eat 2 high protein bars for breakfast and lunch and then have a low cal dinner. I'll probably eat whatever I'm making for my family but I will have smaller portions. The protein bars are 300 cals each so that is 600 cals between breakfast and lunch and I would like to eat about 300-400 cals for dinner. I'm going to try this for 2 weeks only so don't everyone go crazy and say that I'm nuts or that it isn't safe. I will be getting enough protein and carbohydrates and I"m sure my excess weight will provide all the fat I need! I'm going to try and step up my exercise, that is also very important because I need to keep my metabolism going, I'm a bit concerned that with less calories my metabolism will slow down. I know that people throw around the term 'starvation mode' a lot but I wonder about that. I think that if I am exercising that my metabolism will stay the same and hopefully if I start incorporating some strength training it will actually improve. Well we'll see how it goes. I have to make an appointment for my annual PAP and I'm going to talk to the dr about a referral to the bariatric clinic.

Misty - sorry things have been out of whack and that you are feeling stressed. Best thing to do I find to keep on track is to log on here first thing in the morning, even if it is like 1 minute, it really helps.

Miss McCoy - good job getting back to the Y! Congrats on the 14 lbs too!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:45 PM   #4  

Hey chicks, sorry to see everybody has been in a slump, been there done that!! I have been doing pretty good, gave into a smore yesterday, but used my flex, so no harm done. I got in a good walk today with the dog, so I am on track so far this week, we'll see how the rest of the week goes. i start on my fertility meds this week, which makes me sick, but hopefully it won't be as bad as last month! Well, hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!!
Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #5  

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling the best, Misty. Like someone else said, you're a strong, strong person. You can do it! Maybe what you need is actually a little break, so you can get back on the wagon full-time again. Have you been attending the WW meetings? Have you kept in contact with your old leader?

Good for you in joining the Y, Miss McCoy!! I use to work at a YMCA, so I'm especially partial towards them!

gosh, Jen, I certainly couldn't make a day with that few calories. Be sure to pop a multi-vitamin and a calcium supplement.

I, too, have been doing fairly crappy. Just no motivation. I keep telling myself that I'll start back up tomorrow. well, chicks--you're the first to hear that tomorrow is really the day. Well, I might as well say that I'm starting now, since I'm going to sleep soon anyways (I can't manage to screw it up tonight!!)

Maggie--where are you darlin'?

Good luck, everybody. Keep your heads up!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #6  
Jen

Morning all. Well I am up almost 2 lbs, no surprise there. I'm hoping that maybe a bit of that is TOM. Anyway today I start the VLC diet. I actually slept on the couch most of the morning while my ds watched cartoons. He's got chickenpox (oh joy) and actually he's not feeling too bad and he doesn't have a lot of blisters even. Hopefully he's not going to get too many but he's out of school and daycare this week. So he was at home with me yesterday and I had worked nights so I didn't get much sleep and then last night he woke up and so I was up with him then. Okay so the whole point is that I didn't even eat my protein bar this morning. I'm starting to feel hungry now but I wanted to weigh myself and log on before I ate anything. So the plan is to have a bar now and then another one in a couple of hours depending how hungry I am. I have to get my water out too since I haven't had any today at all and I want to drink at least 2L.

Donna - Congrats on staying on plan! Hey one smore is okay and seeing as it fit into your flex points then it works.

Steph - oh yes I have my supplements, I wouldn't do this without keeping up with my vitamin etc. It will probably be rough for the first few days but I'm hoping that it will get easier as time goes on. Also this isn't forever, just a couple of weeks, I'm hoping to just give myself a weight loss boost that will motivate me to continue on better. Hope you are having a better day today.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #7  

Well, today I got up and took the dog for a walk, I went a little further than I did yesterday, and I have stayed on plan all day!! Scary, huh, lol! AF is starting to slack down and I start the clomid tomorrow, so bring on the hot flashes, lol!!

Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #8  

Hi all!!!

Let me preface my post by confessing that I am at present chowing down on sliced pepperoni like it's potato chips.

Miss McCoy-It's great to have you here!!! Welcome!

Jen-I must admit the VLC thing sounds a bit scarey. But, if it helps you and you're only doing it for a short time I'll stay off the You know yourself and your body better than I do. I'm here to support you.

Steph-How's the restart going? You were on such a roll, you can get back on track!!!!! Think about how far you have come, could you have run that race a year ago? You can do this!

Donna-Best of luck with your treatments this month! You are doing so well. keep it up! Your dog is lucky to have you! TLC needs a show called Honey We're killing the dog. My dog's mid section used to dip in slightly before his hip bones, then he kind of was just straight and boxy, now he's so fat I can't find a rib and he's sort of oval shaped, and EVERYONE keeps saying in an astonished way "THAT'S DUNCAN?!! I didn't recognize him he was so fat!" Thank heavens they don't say that about me LOL

Tonight was my last prepaid meeting. I didn't go. I am not sure if I will go anymore. We'll see.

Totally off subject but I think it's funny DD has been OBSESSED with talking about her sister. She DOESN'T have a sister. I am supposed to have a sister for her and a brother for my son. I told her I was out of babies and she said I'm not out of babies until she gets two more family and then her family will be big and I can be out of babies. I mean talks about this ALL day. Maybe I will buy her a pet and name it "Sister". Not like I need any of those with 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 horses. lol
Old 06-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #9  
Jen

Misty, that is so funny about your daughter talking about having a sister. My ds had talked about a baby once in awhile, I think he'd like a brother or sister and I'd like to comply...we'll see.

I had my protein bar at lunch as I said and then this afternoon we were out and I had a couple of small handfuls of popcorn and a couple of sips of my son's orange julius. At supper we had Italian take out. I had half a serving of tortellini and 2 pieces of brushetta bread. I feel pretty good about my eating today. It's hard to calculate exactly what my dinner is going to come to but considering I only had 300 cals at lunch probably the rest of the day put me into the range I want to be in.

Donna - good job with your walk!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #10  

Misty, that cracked me up about your DD!!
I went for a walk again today!! That's 3 days in a row, I am shocking myself, lol!! Poor Cinnamon just looked at me this morning like she didn't really want to get off the couch and go, but I told her, if I gotta go, so do you!!
Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #11  
Jen

Donna, good job keeping up with the walks!

Well my low cal diet is not quite as low cal as I would like it but I"m not stressing about it. Check out yesterdays food, 2 protein bars, tortellini, dinner rolls, a cinnamon danish, jelly beans and a mini ice cream bar! Sad to say though, that is actually probably less calories than what I usually eat! I tend to graze a lot through the day and I imagine I eat 2000-3000 cals a day and I doubt that yesterday I ate more than about 1500 so I'm eating less than what I am used to but not quite as low as what I would like to try. I'm going to try and improve a little everyday but if I slip up and have some jelly beans once in awhile I"m not going to beat myself up about it.

Ds's chickenpox seem to be getting better, he's not terribly itchy at present. Last night he had an oatmeal bath and that really seems to work well. Also he's let me put Calamine lotion on and he took Benadryl last night at bedtime. I had to go out and buy a 2nd bottle because I got the no-name brand and it tasted nasty and he didn't want it. The brand name apparently tastes better! It has been a bit of a pain being home with him all the time and not being able to go out much. We went out on Monday but at that point you couldn't really tell he had it because he just had a few spots here and there, none on his face. Now we are pretty much house bound, well outside a bit, maybe we'll go out and play in the sprinklers this afternoon if he feels like it. He seems to have a bit of energy for awhile and then has to sit and rest. the worst bit is that he has been waking up a lot at night these past 4 nights and it has been difficult getting enough sleep. I didn't work last night but I"m back tonight so I was able to doze on the couch this morning since I was up so much last night, it was really easy to snooze. He watched cartoons and snoozed a little too I think. I know if he is sitting still for more than about 10 minutes he's probably asleep.

Not much else going on, what is everyone else up to today?
Old 06-15-2006, 06:26 PM   #12  

Jen, glad to hear DS's pox are clearing up. I went for another walk this morning, and actually feel better than I usually do. I start on the fertility meds tonight, so hopefully this is our month!!
Misty, hope you are doing good today!!
Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #13  

Hi all!

Jen-I hope your little guy is on the med. It's a bad time of year to get chicken pox since it is so warm. I hope he continues to feel better and that you can catch up on some sleep!

Great job on wlaking Donna! I hope all goes well with your meds.

I hacked all my hair off today. I like it for the most part. It was a little longer than chin length, it's SHORT now. DD cried when she saw it. DH hasn't seen it yet...wish me luck LOL. My eating's been ok.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 PM   #14  

Hi, Ladies!! I'm just stopping by. I'm sorry I haven't been around much but I've been out of commission--those dang migraines again. But....I'm feeling quite a bit better tonight. I just need to get caught up on a few things around the house. I'll try to stop in tomorrow. I read all your posts, just no time to comment.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:51 AM   #15  
Jen

Morning all. Just finishing up a night shift. It was a quiet night (knock on wood with another 90 minutes to go, anything can happen!).

Steph - ooh migraines, tell me about them. I am a regular with them so I know what you mean.

Misty - you cut your hair!! What did dh say? I remember when my ds was smaller and I cut my hair and like your dd he was upset. Even now when I get it cut or coloured it throws him a little. How short is short?

Donna - you are doing so well with the walking! Keep it up and good luck this month. The exercise will help, every little bit does!
Closed Thread