Old 06-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~June 11th~~

Good morning everyone!

Cars was only 1/2 a hit last night! We went to the later show and it was too late for Alex. About 1/2 way through the movie he was ready to go home. He had a very hard time sitting through the rest. He loves Lightning too, so he was really tired. He was asleep within 5 min of getting in the car. Poor Kid. We were bad parents for keeping him out so late.

Today we are being lazy. We were going to a Seafood Festival down the shore, but my tummy was REALLY upset last night. I think it was from taking cough medicine on an empty stomach, but I don't want to be off down there and get sick again. I also want to save my energy for next Saturday. We are taking Alex to see Thomas The Tank Engine in PA.

Only 8 days left!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #2  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies,
Took DH to the airport this morning. He's off to Atlanta on business for the next four days. He was so upset he had to leave the baby for so long.( He is his 1st) So sweet. Got TOM last night, how freekin' exciting. I feel like poo, got a bit of a head cold as well. My nose just won't stop running. Baby is a Crabby bottom. Pretty sure we are gonna get his 1st tooth soon, I just hope it desn't break before Daddy gets home. He will be upset. Anyone got any good ideas for a 1st time fathers gift idea?
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Stevi, how about getting some finger paint and doing a hand print card for him to put in his office/desk? There are some cute poems out there too. That's what daycare usually does for mom's and dad's day. I cried the first time they gave me one from Peter!

OK, off to read and catch up...been soo busy this week!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #4  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lisa Rascal Flatts was awesome! DH got tickets our anniversary to make sure we had them but asked at work if we would be able to get the suite and we did. Same suite as when we say Motley Crue (gotta love my diverse taste in music huh? ) We were at the side of the stage straight up. Not too far away. I love them! They are goofy looking but the singer has such a great voice!

Stevi, I hope you're feeling better soon! I just think it's not right to have AF and be sick at the same time...more proof that God is a man! As for the gift, they have different kits at places like Michaels that you can personalize for him. How old is the little one again?

Karen, you a busy woman for having a baby next week! LOL If that were me I'd be laying on the couch whining.

Anyway, I'm off to make breakfast for ds (the 13 yo). Yep breakfast at 11...he just got up. LOL Gotta love summer break. He wants an omlette and is still not too sure about using the gas stove (he doesn't like the open flame and honestly I'm not sure he can handle it LOL). Make it a great day everyone!!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone.

Things are going well here. I'm trying not to do too much. The doctor's orders on Friday were not to be running around and to rest. Ummm, I have a three year old. How does he expect me to rest? I'm only doing what I absolutely have to. Like laundry and keeping the house clean. I do not want to come home after surgery and with a newborn to a house that looks like crap. I will feel compelled to clean it up.

Mama: The concert sounds like it was fun. I haven't been to a concert in awhile, probably 4 or 5 years. I don't know if I'd know what to do anymore! LOL. Sleeping in until 11? I miss those days! I'm lucky if I get to sleep until 7:30. I guess sleeping that late is just about over!

Only 7 more days to go!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248/248/150

I am new just wanted to drop by and said hi to everyone
suzieq2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #7  

Talking I've had better days I think...

Yo! Chicks!
TOM is taking its sweet time and just lingering. Stop and go. They haven't been normal yet since DS #2. Last month I was blessed with two! But it was the first TOM post partom.(sp?) TMI I know, sorry. My nose is some what better. But now I have DS #1 home (schools not quite out) He was up all night sick. And the Damn Cat is lethargic and not eating. Baby is a happy camper though aside from a few random hissy fits due to teething. Rehearsal went on for 5 HOURS last night....I was totally pooped when we got home. Breaking in the new drummer is taking sometime. He knows about half of the songs not quite enough to be able to take requests. They (the rest of the band) decided to pick up an additional day to rehearse with out me, not alot I can do if they can't play the song right.
Lauren, thanks for the suggestions. I'm going shopping today.
Molly, DS #2 is 3.5 months. Daddy is the sensitive type so I'm looking for something really special. Glad your concert was cool. I love MOTLEY!
Karen, your my HERO. In my final days last Feb. I sat around shouting out orders to DS #1 and DH. Not to mention my never ending whining and complaining ...I was getting ZERO sleep. I'm soooo excited for you!
WELCOME SUZIE!!!

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 06-12-2006 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Cuz this thing freeeked out!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #8  
For Real This Time!

Karen, I didn't sleep in. DS did!! I wish. The man has me up at 6:30 or 7 every day!!

Stevi, if he's the sensitive type, I'd go with something personal. Something just for him and baby. Not sure what tho since I don't know either of them. LOL But you get it.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #9  

He rolled over for the first time today!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #10  
LBH

Stevi, Hurray for turning over!! WTG!! What is his name again? Geez, I hope things get better soon. I feel your pain...AF teases me on and off for a few days to a week, and then comes full force. Couple that with a possible sinus infection and a schnotty 3 y/o and that's what it's like at my house today!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #11  
For Real This Time!

Stevi, that's too cool!! So stinkin' cute! It's things like that the make me want another (we're not having any more tho).

Lauren...good luck with that...
Old 06-13-2006, 05:07 AM   #12  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Stevie--He is too cute...
Ok..I got the results of the bloodwork from my physical and it seems I have Insulin Resistance..He said that I had every sign except for the large abdominal area..I will start on Byetta injections twice a day when I get the Rx filled..That is why the ole weight is just staying there and not moving..I have a friend that has lost 45 lbs since Oct on Byetta.Who knows..now I have something else to research..I guess that explains the gestational diabetes....

Lauren--Hope the "snots" go away..I am taking K to the MD today to make the appointment for more ear tubes..I cant deal with the eardrum rupture every few weeks...#2 has been sick, but I will deal with ear tube set #11 after K...one at a time...BTW--I started that Mederma on the stitches area and it is moving along great.
Have a nice day all~~~
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #13  
LBH

Here's a Father's Day craft I found, for anyone interested:
This is a very popular and special craft to make for Dad. Just trace your child's footprints on construction paper and cut out. Then either write on the footprint, or on paper the following poem:

"Walk a little slower Daddy" said a child so small,
"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true,
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."
(author unknown)
Old 06-13-2006, 09:17 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, I don't even have kids and that poem makes me want to cry! (I am a softee when it comes to stuff like that)

Well tommorrow is my big interview. I am getting really nervous. I wasnt really and now it is hitting. If this doesn't pan out, I have one more option and then I dont know what. Hopefully it will be the right job for me.

Stevie, your son is soo cute!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #15  
For Real This Time!

Cute poem Lauren!!

Lisa, good luck tom'w!! Knock 'em dead.

RR, I hope you get worked out with the IR. That stinks about the tubes too. My step son had them too. He is 8 now and had his last set out about a year ago and no problems since (knock on wood). He had the T2 ones and did really good with them. They are the only ones that didn't fall out and actually they were supposed to when he grew some and they had to remove them! So hopefully the kids will grow out of the ear issues!!