Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-10-2006, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Unhappy This is my last day for a while

Morning everyone,

Yesterday i decided to call my old DR. that i hadn't seen in years to see if i could get in that day...I only went to him a couple of times...He's moved to a clinic now...A walk in clinic...Anyway he wasn't there but, i seen one of their other Dr's...She was very nice and listened to everything i had to say....I was so nervous...My DD went with me she said i talked so fast she don't know how the Dr. heard everything i said...

She done some blood work...Whatever she could check at the office came back ok...Also she's checking, my sugar, my thyroid, and my liver...I told her i had my liver checked when i had my gallbladder out early this year and it was fine then...I hope its still fine...That would be terrible that it is bad now after i quit drinking...

She gave me Zelnorm for my IBS/constipation...I had diarrhea that morning because i took a laxative the night before....But after i took the Zelnorm it was back like water..all evening till i went to bed last night...I think because of the zelnorm....I don't think i will take one today....We are going to Tenn. to see my family and have a cookout on the beach and boating....I hope i don't have diarrhea while i'm there...

She also gave me Aciphex for acid reflux...maybe for the bloating...i'm pretty sure it won't help with my Esophageal Spasms...To me that is a muscle like problem....I don't want to take any acid reducers after my fundo surgery. The surgery was supposed to fix that part, and i remember nexium being a $130 a month...I can't afford that again...

Lastly she gave me Alprazolam XR 1MG (xanax) its a time released tablet, one a day...
It made me feel so slow, tired and since i was still having lots of pain, i was weak feeling...I started a daily journal yesterday so i could keep up with how it made me feel and when and/ if it changed....I had 6 esophageal spasms between 1pm and 8:30 last night...They are so painful...It seems like it drains me of any energy and makes me weak....

Have any of you taken any of this?
How does/did it make you feel?
Does the xanax have to be in your system for a while before you can tell if it works...Or does it work when you take them?

Thanks for any replys...

PS: My nortins anti virus runs out today... ...I not sure when i can get the 2007 version...I hope real soon...I'll keep checking back today while i'm home and when we get back from Tenn...
Thanks soooo much you guys...You all have helped me so much...I appreciate everything you have said and done to help.... to everyone
I hope i'm not gone to long...I'll miss you guys while i'm away....

Candy
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Candy,

First have a wonderful time in Tenn and don't think of anything but having fun

I'm glad you liked this new doctor. I was just saying that its so hard to find a good doctor who will listen to you instead of looking at you like your a nut job. So sorry your having to deal with all of this but hopfully your doc will have the right combo of meds down soon.

I personally have not taken any of the meds you listed but I'm sure others will chime in if they have.

Enjoy your trip and feel better
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

I have taken Xanxax before and it does make you very slow and tired at first, but I did eventually get to a point were it didn't anymore. I was taking it for my anxeity attacks but I do know someone who takes it for the same reasons you are. I know for the anxiety it took a few weeks before I felt better. Maybe you just need some time to adjust to it. Hope you feel better soon!
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Candy, Xanax did make me feel tired and drugged out, even on a very small dose. I take Ativan now and it does the same thing. I do take Nexium every day and it is expensive. I have heard good things about Zelnorm for IBS but am unable to take it due to my liver disease. Hope the diarrhea clears up. I used to take Lomotil for that but now have the opposite problem usually. Check with your pharmacy, it may just take a while for the Zelnorm to start regulating you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote