Old 06-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #1  

Wink What Is Holding You Back

It isn't "MOTIVATION" that you lack, obviously you want this for yourself or you would be here posting. you lack "CONFRONTATION" How long have you been overweight? did 10lbs turn to 20, 30, 40. Were you ignoring the scale hoping they didn't exist hoping it would just go way? Are you nice? do you give in to avoid conflict with others? Do you settle for less because you feel that is what you deserve? or do you indulge thinking that you "NEED" it in you life. be it a dress, a car, lipstick. have you been self indulgent in otherways and then punishing yourself with food, or is the answer that you just can't seem to say NO because you want it! because you deserve the extra peice of cake, the cookies the midnight icecream feast. Understand the pounds are there because some part of you wants them to be there!!! Are you a private person hiding behind your fat body not letting anyone see the real you. Your fat has been a great friend, it has protected you for all of these many years. But you don't need it anymore, its time to "CONFRONT" The part of yourself that has helped you for so long. Honor and acknowlege that you needed this weight. It isn't that you lacked self control. You must find out why you needed the weight. What purpose has it served for so long. only then will you be free. Close your eyes and imagine a theater, it can be anything you want a old time dance hall, a giant open collisum, a baquet room. Now imagine that you are on the stage, what is your seat? a throne, a stool, a comfrontable sofa what ever you like. This is all about you and only you. Now you have a adiuence.....who is in the seats? They walk in one by one it can be a famous person who you admire, old friends there to, lovers, parents, aunts uncles old bosses....even school friends that offended you. This is your stage and you can have anyone you need to be there. Now ask the question. I want to talk to the person that is keeping me fat!! I need your help...thankyou for protecting me. but we no longer need this weight I need to know why we needed what purpose has it served. It will take some soul searching.........but when you figure out the higher purpose and find other ways to cope. purhaps your fat makes you feel safe. Then take a martial arts class to give yourself that need without food. or maybe its a fear of being thinner...picture yourself at your ideal wieght.....what pictures unfold ...what the worst that could happen..and then find a way to handle that fear.
Wheather it is protection....self punishment...rebellion....what ever it was you don't need it anymore.....just decide and negoiate with yourself to make compromises....the real you inside and she is screaming to get out....When you find her.........you will find you motivation........... Love and Peace be with you in this journey................

signed.........Zenrhythm.(still getting to know the real me and she is wonderful))
zenrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I liked your post.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Your post kind of reminds me of something I recently read about the subconcious acting on what our concious minds believe. If we believe, and state, we can't lose weight, then our subconcious will follow that as a direction and make sure we don't lose weight. One thing that assisted me in my initial weight loss is removing negative thoughts about myself. If a negative thought came into my mind, I would stop it immediately and replace it with a positive thought. (Also I had some help with my hormones which also helped some in my weight loss)

Not that it seems much at my current weight but I weigh less today than I did when I first entered high school. All I know is my weight. Letting go of it is scary. It is a protective barrier. I am willing to shed the barrier and the weight though. Although it is being done ever so slowly these days One day at a time.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Very powerful....thanks!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Thank-you for this post, I would like to answer for me.

I gained the weight so quickly (well under a year) that I didn't even have a chance for it to register. And for so long I have kept the weight as a reason for my depression. Frankly, I am still terrified that I will get to my goal weight & still be so miserable & still feel so out of control of my moods.

When I think of the theatre I picture myself alone. I know that it is my own fault for gaining & keeping the weight & my responsibility to lose it. I can not bear anyone else to be watching - because I am too embarassed. I prefer to think of myself in a cocoon & cannot wait to joyfully emerge as a beautiful, slim, together butterfly.

Nelie - you are so right. For so long I did not truly believe I could lose the weight. Now I know I am going to lose it. I know I will get my reward tattoo in one year from now!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hang in there, lifeguard. I always want the weight to come off so quickly (I'm a slooowwww loser). The truth is, maybe the time is good, I can learn from the whole process, about myself, about how I feel about my body, and eating, etc., etc. It's not just about the weight always.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Thanks!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote