Old 06-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #1  

Default Meat/Egg Fast

Hi everyone
I'm here after being off for a looooonnnng time. its been a rough year for me and i've yo yod up and down weight wise. i've done about 30 dif. programs and quit all of them. and here i am, back to low carb. I know it works the best for me and i just need to DO IT. Like yoda, "no try, only do".
so. I'm starting today on the meat/egg fast i read about on another site actually. does anyone here do that to kickstart induction?
princessjsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

Hi Princessjsc,

I'm confused Are you doing the meat/egg fast BEFORE doing Induction or have you been doing Induction and you just started the meat/egg fast??

The meat/egg fast is designed to kickstart weight loss. Most people do this when they've hit a stall (not losing weight OR inches). Is this what has happened to you?

You CAN do this!! You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #3  
TemporaryFatChick

You may want to think about what's causing you to stop and start and yo-yo before you try any other way of eating. If you've had so many false starts, I wonder if you've been WAY too restrictive then, because of the excessive restrictions (like M/E) set yourself up to binge\fail. IMO, until you get to the root of the problem, you won't be successful on any plan.

Good luck to you!

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #4  

Tenn! Where have you been, girl???? Nice to see you pop in!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Tenn:

JSC: The Atkins book does not recommend the fat fast UNTIL you've hit a stall. So if you're just using it to kick start induction then you're not actually following recommendations. And it also warns against doing it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary as if you lose weight TOO fast it's not good for your body. So I'd recommend doing the induction and seeing how that goes. A stall is when you've had no weight loss (or measurement changes) for a month or longer. Good luck
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote