Old 06-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Foods to Add??

While I patiently waited for the okay to exercise again after my miscarriage (a whopping 4 week wait ), I got really good at writing down what I was eating. I figured to weigh 300+ pounds, I was eating more than 4000 calories a day so I just cut back to 2000 and the weight started coming off. Well, I was able to start exercising again and the first week went well, last week was bad (I blame memorial day messing up my week *I had vacation from work and that too so I was off track*) but this week something clicked where I don't feel hungry as much. My calories have been around 1300-1600 BUT when I exercise (being so big) I burn a lot of calories. Monday my calories for the day was only 1050 and yesterday was 1600 because I didn't exercise or it woulda been 1100. My concern is that I don't want to cut TOO many so my body doesn't go into starvation mode and I don't want to lose too fast to avoid as much skin problems as I lose as possible. I decided that I am going to try to add more proteins (such as nuts and more meat and fish... I'm so bad with that) and more veggies. I've been really good with fruit and just ate some blueberries for the first time in years (I used to think they were nasty... SO GOOD NOW!). Anyway, I'm writing because I wondered what other kind of foods would be good to add... what are some things you guys eat that keep you feeling full, give you energy or up my calories in a healthy way? Any tips would be appreciated!! Thanks guys!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Are you feeling OK? I'm sorry for your loss
You are a huge step ahead of most of us when we get started. I don't think we all realise just HOW MUCH we really used to (do) eat. For you ... it'll be a breeze knowing how to eat less. And I hope time hurries by so that you can get active again. Just watch that you feel good. Rest! It's good for the body and soul.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #3  

So glad to see you around. Recovering from a miscarriage is really hard, physically and emotionally. I've been there twice (I haven't gone on to have a successful pregnancy)

You're doing really well! I could learn from you

In terms of good food, make sure you're eating good carbs too, like brown rice, pasta (measure or weigh, a serving size of pasta is waaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than your eye thinks - but with lots of chopped up veggies and a herb filled tomato sauce and a good serving of protein is very satisfying), sweet potatoes, new potatoes, garbanzo beans (sp?? we call em chickpeas over here), lentils, red kidney beans etc. All very filling, will boost your calories and fuel your exercise.

Keep on keeping on
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #4  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Oh, don't forget eggs. A boiled egg on a salad always helps. Ummm...how about oatmeal. Keeps you full longer! Sounds like you are doing great so far....keep up the selection so you don't get board.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hi, Sarah, your pic is really cute.

I second the beans and yams. You can even nuke the yams (prick them several times with a fork, 5 min on one side, turn, 5 on the next). Cottage cheese is good too. I've made batches of veggie soup, a bowl with dinner can be really filling, low cals and good for you.

I'd like to add more fish too, I'm chicken about trying fish recipes! Yeah, I love blueberries too. I wouldn't eat tomatoes for most of the years I was growing up -- now I can't imagine being without them. I guess I am capable of change, heh heh. Speaking of tomatoes, I drink V8 as well.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote