Old 06-06-2006, 08:01 PM   #1  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Default Consignment shopping

I had an old thread on here about spending too much on clothes. Today I went with my son's GF to a consignment shop. It had lots of great bargains. I am glad they didn't take checks or I would have over-spent. I bought 2 very nice skirts, 2 shirts, and 4 prs. of shorts and only spent $35.00. She just started work last Friday at a nursing home and got a great deal on a bunch of scrubs that looked like new. My daughter is trying to take off some weight and I will take her there to get clothes as she goes down in sizes. I wish I had known about the place sooner, it would have saved me lots of money. I am also thinking of taking a lot of my clothes that no longer fit and selling them there on consignment. This might be easier than having a yard sale.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

That sound like a good idea Lillybelle. I am going to check around here to see if we have any. We probably do and I just didn't pay attention.
Thanks for the tip.
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

What an awesome find!! Thanks for sharing and WTG on the new additions to your wardrobe
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks Brenda, it was a fun shopping trip and not too hard on the budget. The things I bought really look good on me. I did need the shorts and the length was just right. I had been having a very hard time finding mid-thigh length shorts and I got them for $1.99 a pair. I plan to go back in the fall and find long-sleeve shirts, all mine are way too big.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote