Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #1  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Default Beating Hunger Pains!

I wanted to know what some of you people do to beat those horrible hunger pains! I normally go to listerine and rinse my mouth or brush my teeth!

What do you do?
Stephanieee<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

If I have horrible hunger pains it means I am hungry so I have something to eat and a huge glass of water.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
If I have horrible hunger pains it means I am hungry so I have something to eat and a huge glass of water.
Ditto!! I eat every 3 hours so I'm rarely hungry... if I'm REALLY hungry I make sure to eat something with a lot of protein or fiber in it, it keeps me full longer. And a drink a ton of water.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I'm usually always hungry. Maybe cause I just miss eating, but I find that drinking tea helps a lot.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #5  
<333

Oh I love Tea. I might try that! Thanks!

<3
Old 06-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Stephanieee - if you really are that hungry that you have horrible hunger pains you need to eat! Just drinking some tea wont help you in anyway. I know you want to lose weight we all do, but you don't have to starve yourself in order to lose it, in fact the saying is 'eat to lose.' If you just ate and you are still feeling hungry then yes, have a cup of tea or better yet a huge glass of water but don't just starve yourself - it will get you no where.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #7  
<333

Oh of course not! I did that once, BAD IDEA. Its just Im used to eating more so now that Im cutting back I just need something to keep me from eating too much!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #8  

I know that if I'm fatigued or experiencing negative emotions, I will suddenly become starving, and have no control. So my first line of attack is to do something like step outside and take a brisk walk, or have a cup of coffee, and that usually tempers the hunger pains. Now of course if it's true honest-to-goodness hunger, nothing like low-cal whole wheat bread, with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey. Fills you up, gives you a quick boost, and protein to boot!
lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanieee&lt View Post
Oh of course not! I did that once, BAD IDEA. Its just Im used to eating more so now that Im cutting back I just need something to keep me from eating too much!
Okay was just worrid about you
Are you drinking lots of water?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Definitely if I'm really hungry, I eat something. Maybe a cube of cheese, a spoonful of natural PB (who needs the bread ), or a piece of fruit. If I'm just wanting something to eat, and am not really hungry, I get a big glass of water, brush my teeth or chew a piece of sugarless gum. Those all keep me from just eating for the heck of it.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I eat when I get hungry. If I get really hungry, I run the risk of binging uncontrollably. I'd rather have a healthy snack (yogurt, 1/4 cup almonds, whole wheat toast with peanut butter, fruit, etc) than end up face first in a bag of Fritos.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #12  

Default Hunger Pains

I just registered for this site. This is my first "posting" I read your question and I am having good luck using a method inspired by my mother's recent struggle to quit smoking.
When she was at work she was unable to smoke, so she didn't miss smoking at all. Her body was trained to crave nicotine only during the evenings when she was at home.
I put myself on a schedule. I eat good, healthy filling meals three times a day at "around" the same time each day... Breakfast 8-9, Lunch 12-1 and so on. I allow myself NO Between meal snacking EVER- this helps me mentally to put food out of my mind in the same way that my mother wasn't bothered by not smoking at work. I have found that that better my food choices (high fiber, low fat, protein etc.) the easier it is for me to endure the time between meals. I eat a lot of vegetables. Processed foods simply cannot compare to fruits and vegetables for staying power. I used to think that a diet with so many fruits and vegetables would leave me feeling hungry all the time, but the opposite has turned out to be true. You can eat 7 Triscuits for 140 calories or 3 cups of broccoli stir fry! I also eat a lot of veggie burgers and veggie sausage. They taste good, they're low fat and they have a lot of fiber in them which will help you feel full longer. A regular cheeseburger has about 500 calories and I can't even guess how much fat. I eat veggie burgers with fat free cheese for around 250 calories (with a bun and all the "fixins"). Another thing I notice is that if I am too busy to drink water I get hungry. I don't know why this is, but now that I know, I always drink a large (20 oz.) bottle of water first thing in the morning. I make it a goal to have it gone by the time breakfast is over. I also sip on water with a small amount of pure cranberry juice. The juice adds a little tartness and flavor to the water and is supposed to be good for your liver and kidneys. I can easily get through a day without ever feeling hungry if I follow my plan. Then, at the end of the day, I allow myself one treat. It has to be low fat and under 200 calories, but otherwise the sky's the limit. It's been working for me. I hope it helps you.
faithnhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy
Definitely if I'm really hungry, I eat something. Maybe a cube of cheese, a spoonful of natural PB (who needs the bread ), or a piece of fruit.
I thought I was the only one who says screw the bread just give me the PB. My DH hates that whenever he wants PB there is half a spoonful left. But sometimes that is all I need to quench the craving.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I use hot tea, hot coffee and hot broth as fillers sometimes between meals. But, a piece of fruit, spoon of peanut butter or a piece of cheese work well for me too. Extra water doesn't fill me up at all.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
I'd rather have a healthy snack (yogurt, 1/4 cup almonds, whole wheat toast with peanut butter, fruit, etc) than end up face first in a bag of Fritos.
That completely describes me before I started all this... what an image!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote