Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #1  
Bling it on

Default New to this section-advice needed!

Hi everyone,
This is my first time in this section but I feel it is where I will fit right in.
Binge eating is my 'problem' and has been for many years. I can meticulously plan my 'binge' days and will literally dream about all the food I am going to eat on that day. I am currently on the cambridge diet and yet I still feel the need to have my binges. I hoard all the food I will be having and on the day I like to be on my own in the house, if anyone else is here I get agitated because I know I will not over eat in front of other people. I can easily eat 3 burgers, large chips, ice cream, crisps and chocolate in one sitting and yet will have more food just a short time after. Even the thought of feeling like I am going to be sick does not stop me. I get nervous when I feel I am 'running out' of food and have to make sure I have lots in for me to choose from.
I suppose you could say food is my crutch. When I am happy,sad, excited or whatever, food is my enjoyment. I dont know if I will ever break the cycle of wanting to do this, but would be so grateful for any advice from fellow bingers who have managed to control this.
Thank you in advance. xx
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I can certainly relate to what you are saying. Been there many many times. I think that you may have to want to deal with your issues before you can even begin tackling the binges.

What other things make you happy? What do you really enjoy? Why do you think you get nervouos when you are running out of food?

The cycle can definitely be broken, and this is a great place to start!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #3  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Pinklady

There are many of us who strive to "control" bad relationships with food. Check out some of the threads here on this site, there are some really supportive, understanding, wonderful people here who share and care!

Have you ever considered going to an OA meeting? It seems to help many people.

Good luck!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

When I feel out of control I binge. I have had and still do have some life situations where I have no control over things. When I feel overwhelmed I eat. I'm trying to train myself to walk or post in a journal instead of eating. Small steps lead to big rewards!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Pinklady, welcome. We're so glad to have you here.

I think that breaking the cycle is very important.
But completely changing "bad habits" is terribly overwhelming, so I'd suggest starting small. Even making one small change in your day will start to break the pattern.
ie: determine to have one healthy snack a day (maybe a little bowl of cut veggies with some dip)
or work more protein into your morning meal to keep you satisfied longer.
or plan to eat snacks. Now that I've started having three snacks a day between meals, I'm much less inclined to binge.

This is such a difficult journey... most of us have the answers, but buckling down and using those solutions takes a great deal of willpower.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #6  
Bling it on

Thank you so much. It feels good to be relating to people who actually UNDERSTAND what it is like to have this problem with food. Up until now I have never discussed this with anyone as I have always felt such shame and disgust with myself. I sometimes feel like I am the only one who spends nearly all their waking hours thinking about food, yet I know by the posts on here that there are many of us on the same boat.
I am looking forward to being part of this shared journey towards a positive outcome. xx
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote