Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #1  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

Default *blowing the dust off the forum*

hey guys! i hope everyone's doing okay out there.

my week has been okay. i did indulge in a slice of pie (pie happens, remember? ), but i've been trying to get more water in, especially with this heat!!

i'm still seeing the guy, but my eating habits have somewhat returned. not when i'm around him, but as soon as i get home, oh BROTHER. ha ha. last night i made some pesto sauce that i found the recipe for on weightwatchers.com, and it was delicious. couldn't even tell the difference between that and the olive oil drenched version that i'm usually served at restaurants! had that over low carb pasta with some fresh watermelon on the side, and oh WOW.

it just amazes me that 6 months ago, i would have wanted the pasta buttered, tons of sauce, bread with dipping sauce, salad smothered in ranch or blue cheese, and lots and lots of coke. oh, who am i kidding, that STILL sounds good, but i'm able to enjoy my low point foods without feeling deprived!

still going slow and steady...1.6 pounds last week, probably 1. 4 this week. we'll see on wednesday!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #2  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Hey would you mind posting the recipe for that sauce...sounds yummy.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #3  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

my pleasure! (seriously, it was really really good!)

2 tbsp pine nuts
2 cups basil leaves, fresh
1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 tsp table salt

1. place pine nuts in a small skillet and set pan over medium heat. cook until nuts are golden, shaking pan frequently to prevent burning, about 3 minutes. transfer nuts to a plate to cool.

2. in a blender or food processor, combine nuts, basil, broth, cheese, oil, garlic, and salt; process until smooth and thick.

yields: 1/4 cup per serving

Closed Thread