Old 06-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default Cross You Fingers...

Hey all, need some good vibes here. I just had the weekend from **** as far as LAWL is concerned.

Saturday I had to take my first show dog in and have her put down. She was 17, and her heart rate was about 30 (should have been about 90). Anyway because her circulatory system was shutting down she cried and whined as she was slipping away. Not quite the peaceful end I had hoped for her. I spent the rest of the weekend in tears, and food was the last thing on my mind. I did the best I could but actually had a piece of garlic bread (small), spaghetti (mine) and a cajun chicken wing from Pizza hut at a discussion group meeting last night.

I'm afraid that my weekend is going to result in a gain. Sigh.

So, any good vibes you have to spare, send em my way. Thanks!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #2  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I'm so sorry to hear about your weekend! That's one of the hardest things to endure in the whole world and my heart goes out to you. Considering all you dealt with I think that you should take a deep breath and start a-fresh today. Let everything you did or didn't eat this weekend be in the past. Good luck with a fresh week!

-Sommer
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:42 PM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

Joan -

I totally agree with Tomkyn - let this weekend be in the past as far as the eating. It doesn't sound like you did so horrible anyway. Having a loss such as yours can cause us to not be ourselves and we have to say it is okay in some situations to just say - we did the best we could. Try some lemon water and just try to heal.........I'm so sorry for your loss!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #4  
Losing the Weight!

The worst of it is after 20 years of breeding and showing you'd THINK I'd be somewhat used to it. It just never gets any easier.

Thanks for the support guys. I Truly appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #5  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Joan,
So sorry about your dog. I wouldn't worry about the way you ate, you were greiving. Just jump back in and you will be losing again in no time.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Joan- My heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is, and I agree, it never gets easier. The only comfort that I take is knowing that there is "Doggie Heaven" for our babies. Take care of your heart, and your body will follow.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #7  
Losing the Weight!

Well, I was up last night. Sigh. So, now we drop back, regroup and punt...

Maybe tomorrow will be better.