Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4LIfe - Week of Jun 5/06

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Played some golf and played well one day and not so well the other. That's the game of golf, right Pam. Went to an appreciation lunch for theater volunteers. That was fun. Some of the younger folk put on show and it was very entertaining. How was everyone's weekend?

We had rain!!! It was so nice to sit on the back porch and watch the rain. It was fairly significant, but we're still under a deficit.

I did get in the pool for a short time. That was refreshing.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi Lisa!

We had rain too. Lots of it and then some really lovely sun. We spent alot of the weekend attending to the Ernest puppy and his socialization. I went to an orientation for his training and then took him to the Village and to a huge
local nursery for some people time. He had a great time and we spent money on plants.

Sigh.

Other than that, had a big M at WW yesterday. I'm really happy since I just finished my TOM and that always adds excitement.

Oh, DP fell off a a ladder yesterday afternoon, she's okay, but banged up. It added a level of excitement that no one needed and now we need to rebuild the wisteria trellis.

Sigh.

Busy week here. My office mate and my boss and half of the software development team are in Hawaii this week doing the implementation. I am going to relish the quiet and peace and get a bunch of stuff done. I am in the midst of documentation review and boring stuff, but its always nicer when there are no interruptions.

Mammo this afternoon and then haircut. Yippee.

Hi to everyone else! come out, come out wherever you are!

lala
Old 06-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #3  

Hi ladies,

We went to 2 graduation parties this weekend, one on Friday night (which I remembered) and one on Saturday afternoon (that I almost forgot about). The weather was horrendous for both and thankfully both parties had several tents set up. The weather has been awful this spring, not just a little rain but torrential downpours that are causing some serious flooding. I'm hoping this weekend is nicer since we're scheduled to see a hot air balloon parade on Friday night and an outdoor concert.
Back to the same old Monday grind. I've decided to take long weekends through the month of July, plan a Cape Cod vacation in August and then the Big Maui vacation in September. Can you tell I've got vacation on my brain today.

Lisa that is so true about golf. I wish I could play well consistently, but no matter how much I practice, I'm not good all the time. A very frustrating game. I'm glad you got some rain in your area, you folks really needed it!

lala sounds like Ernest is adapting well to his new environment!! Glad DP did not injure herself falling off the ladder. That must have been scary. Good luck today with the mammo.

Hi Susan and Melissa

Well ladies I should try and get some work done today, but I'm just not in a working mood. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #4  

lala, so did Ernest like socializing? Sorry about DP; I hope she heals up fast. Falls are common on the homefront. Good luck with your mammo. Hey, why didn't you go to Hawaii, too? (or did you think peace and quiet would be a good thing?)

Pam, yes you have had horrible weather. It does sound like you have vacation on the brain. Mine will be here before I know it. I have always heard that Maui is beautiful.

Hi, Melissa, Susan, and Osborn
Old 06-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

My weekend was relatively quiet. Saturday I went for blood work to see if my thyroid is out of whack--I sure feel like it is. I spent the afternoon on the couch dozing off and on. It was a chore to just get some laundry done!

Sunday I worked at the Center in the morning and then ran a couple of errands. Found a cute skirt at Penney's and a couple tops to go with it. Had a OP day and went to bed early again.

The weather on Saturday was pretty cool and we had some more rain. Yesterday turned out nice with sun & cool temps. Today the sun is shining and it's a refreshing 67 so I went for a walk over the lunch hour.

Lala: My boss is off today and I'm spinning my wheels and not getting much accomplished. I really need to focus and it's been difficult. I better get moving and get some of this stuff off of my desk!

Pam: We haven't had nearly the amount of rain that you have experienced but what we have had makes it pretty dreary! I hope your weather improves! You've got some nice trips lined up. Sad to say I don't have anything set up for our vacation or future get aways.

Lisa: I hope you get a little more rain--I know how quickly those fires can spread with how dry it is. Sounds like you had a good weekend!

Hi to Julie & Susan!! Hope you had a great weekend.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #6  

Hi all.

Had a good weekend despite torrential rain. It started after my long run on Saturday morning (8 km). I did some chores around the house in the afternoon then headed a short distance out of town to have dinner and spend the night with some friends who are clearing land for a new house. They have a travel trailer on the site, so we were dry and cosy, but the wind and rain howled all nite long.

Was tired when I arrived back home on Sunday but I forced myself to finish housecleaning and do some condo assn. work. We have a board meeting tonite and I needed to prepare.

lala: I assume M stands for a maintain at WW? I did not weight in this week; my goal is a loss of 2 for next Saturday.

Melissa: When do you get results of your blood work? It sounds like you're really dragging. Hope things look up soon.

Lisa:Your description of golf on the weekend is precisely why I don't play

Pam:Ditto on the inability to concentrate on work. Is it the rain?

Julie: Hi - how was the weekend?

Susan
Old 06-06-2006, 07:34 AM   #7  

Sunny day here today. Tonight I'm headed to a fellow singer's home to look over some music for a big concert we're doing in the fall. Work is kind of blah. Pam got me thinking about vacations--c'mon August.

Susan, yes, but the good shots keep me going back to the game.

Melissa, it does sound like your thyroid is acting up. I hope your doctor helps.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #8  

Lisa: I don't think I told you how beautiful you are! That photo is stunning girl.

I am a bit more "with it" as far as works is concerned today. But I have been struggling big time with night time eating. And now just the normal browsing after dinner stuff. Big bowls of frozen yogurt - right before bedtime. It's really closer to bingeing than eating - something I haven't done in years. I think it has to do with missing my ex a lot over the past few weeks. Instead of letting myself feel the loss and grieve, I am eating to cover up the pain. Now if I could just do something with the knowledge...

On another note, there may be trouble brewing as far as the house exchange is concerned. The Australian couple is finding it difficult to find flights from NYC to Halifax and I believe they're a bit thrown off by the cost of Canadian air travel, I think. That's why I made a point of asking them to check out flights, etc before I made my travel plans. I certainly hope they're not hedging, because all of my flights are non-refundable. They know that, of course, so I'm not too worried. Just a little though...

I will be soooo disappointed, not to mention angry, if this falls through.

Susan
Old 06-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #9  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

sorry I am slow to write
I have been fighting a migraine for about 5 days now - 3 trips to the Drs and 1 shot and unknown number of medications to try to zap it away.
Not totally gone yet - but it is getting better.
I made it to weigh in today - down 1.6 - this is due to my lack of eating the day I had the shot for my migraine. My WW leader wanted me to raise my points but I think I should stay where I have been. We will have to see what vacation brings this coming week. I really want to be good over vacation - going south with all that Southern cooking (yum) and dinners out (which are usually fast food - think they will get sick of Wendy's I can alway choose good there)
besides the headache putting me pretty much oout of comission the last 5 days - I am here - about all I can say - and vacation is getting close (next week) so I can think about a week off of work!!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies,

Susan I wish I was more "with it" today but I'm not. Just can't seem to stay focused for some reason. I'd blame it on the rain, but today the sun is actually shining. Maybe I'll go outside and go for a walk in the park. I hope everything works out with the house exchange, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Regarding the nightime grazing I find that when I have a lot on my mind the grazing is worse.

Julie I hope you're feeling better, migraines are miserable. Enjoy your vacation!

Melissa a friend of mine takes medication for her thyroid and lately she was complaining that she always felt tired. She went to the Doc and he said her thyroid was really off. He increased her meds and she felt better almost immediately. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

lala Hope everything went ok with your mammo. Let us know.

Lisa sorry I got ya in vacation mode
Old 06-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #11  

Susan, thanks for the compliment. I do hope your house exchange works out. That would be a big-time bummer. Could those folks drive over from say Maine or something? Night time eating is the worst. Yep, thinking about your ex will get you on the wrong track.

lala, how did the mammo go? I hope you are well.

Julie, those migraines must be awful. I have never had them, thank God, but my friend gets them and they just ruin her life. She takes all of this medication (yuck). Congrats on the weight loss. Where are you headed for vacation? Are you coming my way (Florida)?

Pam, walks are good.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #12  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

I scheduled a massage for tomorrow for my migraine - hopefully it will help some.
For vacatoin - We are actually going to Arkansas (my in laws) My hubby is from the Northeastern (flat) part of Arkansas - It is a beautiful state after you get in the mountains - I love to camp down there
Old 06-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #13  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.

Ack Julie, the migraines sound terrible and I hope you can get under control before you go on vacation. Sending healing vibes from the left coast.

Susan -- have them look at another airport, boston for example and maybe into toronto and then another flight to halifax? I would jump at the chance to visit again in the summer, they'll be fools to give it up just for the flight.

Heck, they could drive and ferry from somewhere.

Pam --walks are a good way to clear your mind. I need to do that more often. I wish you could meditate and walk at the same time - I heart multitasking.

Lisa -- where are you going on vacation?

My mammo was great. Normal. I was really happy, I even volunteered to be a control subject for a breast cancer study and had a blood draw. I was so blessed to be sitting in a lab area having a "regular" blood draw when others around me had shunts and central lines. I am counting my blessings daily.

I had a haircut yesterday. I feel a million times better and look it.

Melissa - My dearest boss is gone today as well. I'm not on the software development team, so my trips are limited to DC and Boulder. Two places I love, but not in the summer.

Well, off to make maps ect....

Talk to you all later!

lala
Old 06-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies! We're heading into crunch time here with orientation--my office is a packet stuffing haven and we're only halfway there! We lost our only conference room in the building this past semester. It was converted into 6 cubicles so it's not at all usable for the packet assembly. We're making the best of the situation so it's not quite that bad.

I'm still not 100% but I think it's due in part to all the stuff that we have going on. My blood work came back and my thyroid level is actually lower than it was the last time so it's definitely not that. Maybe it's stress???

Lala: I'm finally making some headway on my department stuff and tomorrow I should be able to get it out in the mail. I think part of my problem is that I've done this 18 years and I'm a little stagnate! I try to keep a fresh perspective but it's a little hard. How is Ernest doing? Still have a penchant for shoes?

Julie: I've never had full blown migraines only really bad sinus headaches. I hope you begin to feel better. I don't have vacation time until the end of July and we're trying to figure out where we want to go. We've talked about Cincinnati but we're not sure.

Lisa: It was pretty cloudy here this morning but it cleared up nicely. It's a perfect 71 outside. My friend and I went walking at lunch and took advantage of it.

Susan: I hope everything comes together for your trip to Australia. I'd love to visit there. My old boss went and totally enjoyed himself. Have you been there before?

Pam: Have you dried out yet?? This week is supposed to be pretty nice with a chance of rain later this week. DH's niece is having her graduation party on Saturday and they're hoping for nice weather.

I've got a busy week lined up--I'm working at WW on Thurs/Fri and then we have a staff meeting on Saturday, WW on Sun so I should be good and motivated, lol. Now if I could get my weight down I'd be really happy! TOM is due Sunday/Monday so who knows what the scale will reflect tomorrow. I've been trying to stay focused and have been more aware of my night time snacking. This is a problem area for me lately...

More tomorrow
Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #15  
si, si signora

Melissa --
that does sound busy.

Well, I just ate a bag of cornnuts for lunch along with other healthy things.

I guess it could be worse, but why?

lala
Closed Thread