Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 6/5 - 6/11

Starting the topic - be back sometime today.

Judy
Old 06-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #2  

Wow, it sure has been quiet around here. I'm doing OK. I did OK point-wise yesterday even though there was horrendous traffic both going into the city and coming home. Driving is not the best position for my back so besides the aggravation of the traffic, I was hurting by the time I got home. I managed not to snack too much though. Today has been OK so far. I stretched my back this morning and will stretch it later this evening. I still have a number of points to get to my target so my goal for the evening is to snack on healthy things.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 06-06-2006, 07:22 AM   #3  

Hi Judy,
I see you're close to that 10% goal. Good for you. Traffic is horrible. Being in Atlanta, we have this urban sprawl thing happening so EVERYONE drives. A recent survey listed Atlantans as spending the most money yearly on gas. I believe it. The gas prices aren't nearly as bad as say, Florida. It's just there's so much driving going on. We refill our tanks a lot. For you to sit in that one bad position for so long, well, I can only imagine how sore you are by the time you reach your destination. I hope it gets better for you.
I've lost another pound. Yeah! I'm a "pancakes for breakfast" person. I would eat them every morning. I haven't had any for two months and it's been torture. I had to break from the diet yeasterday and make a batch of sweet potato pancakes. Yum!!! I can make it the rest of the way now.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #4  
Back on Program!

Hi everyone (where are you??)
I have no weight loss to report---still maintaining. I have been great in the exercise dept and bad in the eating dept. Yesterday on the way home from work I got McDonald's for the first time in months and months. I had a craving for a Big Mac. Don't know why.
Today I will go to the gym and stay extra long. And I'll do my best to get back on track with the points. Three weeks until Hawaii and I don't think I'll be any smaller---but I can't say it's anyone's fault buy my own!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:42 AM   #5  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Well hello ladies! My week was nothing but McDonald's...I can't believe I always do this! Once again I was not on plan what so ever! I don't know why I do this to myself. I feel bloated and lazy from the foods I eat! However I did manage to get my exercise in for the week, which is a bonus. I'm glad I am working at curves. For me I am down 0.4 lbs! I will take it. So thought I was aiming for a gain! Hope all you ladies have a great week. I have to take the kids to school & daycare now!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #6  
Back on Program!

I am feeling better tonight. I went to the gym this evening and did the Latin Impact class, then after I went for a mile on the treadmill. I also managed to stay within my points today too. It's 10pm now and I am off to bed. Oh, and I also drank all my water!!
At least for one day I did it all right...........
I'll see if I can repeat tomorrow............
Old 06-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #7  

ivynikki - yup, we have bad traffic. I remember driving with a friend of mine from upstate NY and she couldn't believe that we have regular traffic reports on the radio on the weekends. Congratulations on the pound lost! I've been enjoying pancakes for breakfast with the recipe below. No, they aren't quite as good as "real" high point pancakes but I like to add either some cut up banana or blueberries to the batter (and add the necessary points) and enjoy them with SF syrup. The recipe makes 4 good size pancakes (for 4 points) and I usually just eat 2 at a time. During the week I make the batter the night before and store it in the fridge and it works just great"

1/2 cup FF cottage cheese
1/2 oats (I use the 5 min. cooking oatmeal)
3 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
I add a touch of cinammon and a dash of nutmeg (optional)

Blend in a blender until it isthe consistency of pancake batter. Spray a non-stick pan and cook as you usually would pancakes.
Total recipe = 4 points

Rachel - if that picture is you (and I assume it is) than you will wow them in Hawaii whether you lose a little more before then or not! Hey, maintaining is good - it is always better than gaining. Well, I hope you enjoyed the Big Mac - you certainly did well in the exercise department. WTG on staying within points and getting all of your water in too!

Jenny - congratulations on the loss especially in the wake of a week of MacDonald's. It's great that you are working at Curves. Listen, please stop beating yourself up about the week. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, pat yourself on the back for all the activity and try getting back OP even if it't one thing at a time, like getting the water in. You'll get there and we'll help you!

I've had a snacky few evening but since I got TOM today, I guess it was the PMS snack attacks. Since TOM keeps no schedule any more, sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on! I dipped into some flex points but still have at least 10 left over for the week (which for me ends tomorrow) so that's not too bad. I'm expecting that my weigh in will be a gain given TOM but I am determined to stay OP and not do the "oh, I'm going to show a gain so I may as well eat ______ (fill in the blank).

Where is everyone? Even if you have had a week or two of bingeing, just stop in and say hello!
Have a great one,
Judy
Old 06-09-2006, 06:33 AM   #8  

Thanks JudySP, I'll try that recipe.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #9  
Back on Program!

Yes Judy, that photo is of me. Of course it's just my FACE, keep in mind!
Thanks for the compliment.

I am up a pound this week. Trying not to let it get me down and keep on trucking. I went to the gym yesterday and stuck to the points. Well on my way to keeping on track today too. And I have new motivation. It turns out that one of our friends is going to marry his longtime girlfriend while we are in Hawaii (it's a big group trip of firefighters and their families, there are about 100 of us going) and I just found out that I am in the wedding party (along with my DH of course)! The groom bought Hawaiian shirts for all the guys with matching little sundresses for the girls. So my husband shows up today with this size 14 sleveless, short hawaiian print dress. I said, there is no way I will fit into this, and this print will make me look so huge. Well, it zipped up JUST BARELY, and I can't really take very deep breaths, but it looks really good on me!! Even my husband said he was skeptical about it fitting/looking good. But he says I look HOT in it!
Losing a few pounds in the next couple of weeks will make it more comfortable
so I am bound and determined!
I spent four hours at the pool this morning for my daughters team photos and swim meet. I am baked, it's so hot here. This afternoon we are hanging out in the AC and I will try to go for a bike ride this evening when it cools off.

Kelly Jo, Carla, Tanya, Kristie, where are you?? Please let us know how you're doing!!
Old 06-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #10  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

I am here.......I have been MIA and really busy with swim lessons for Nathan which then we spend another two -three hours afterwords and I am exhausted after. I started working out last monday....getting back on that wagon. I have been walking for at least 20 mins and doing an 8 minutes taebo workout. Today I cleaned the house for three hours (yes, that bad.....see, I told you I was behind!) I messed up on my points yesterday but did alot of walking last night for we took the boys to their first baseball game. Yes, I had a beer and yes, I ate stuff I shouldn't of (and yes, my flex points are GONE but they will be back on Monday so I am planning accordingly) but these things happen and I am NOT going to beat myself up over it. I have been moving more than normal and it shows in my clothes a little.
I am glad to hear all ya'll are good. Rachel, hurray for you with the dress! You are very cute! I pictured you as a brunette w/straight hair I know I will not make the goal for the end of the month but anything down for me is a plus. Trying to get back on the moving wagon. I am sooo proud of you girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #11  

Hi all, so sorry I've been missing in action again. Unfortunately things haven't been going too well here and I'm stressed to the max so have been doing a lot of comfort eating (said as I sit scoffing a bag of peanut M&M's). We've encountered so many problems with building our house in the past couple of weeks - all caused by the building company and the owner has been away on holiday so the house has been sitting there for a while doing very little and one of the muckups has ended up costing us money. We have a 20 week penalty clause in our contract so that if the house isn't completed by then they need to pay us $600 a week. We're at week 10 and we don't even have the roof on yet. There's a number of muckups that need to be fixed before any further progress can be made. I'm also worried that since they've lost so much time they'll really hurry things and then quality of workmanship, finishing etc will be compromised. I sent an email last night, as the owner was due back today, outlining all the problems and our concerns and requesting an urgent meeting to sort this out. So far I haven't had a reply. We've also been hampered by the weather which has been really nasty. We've had so much rain these past 10 weeks and today it snowed very heavily. A very strange occurence, especially in June.

Judy ~ I am so proud of how well you are going with your plan - especially since you're suffering so much with your back. The pancake recipe sounds pretty good. I may have to try it sometime, when I manage to get back on track.

Ivynikki ~ WTG on the 1 lb loss. I looooove pancakes, especially swimming in maple syrup.

Rachel ~ Wow, you are one hot mama. Ditto what Judy said. The outfit sounds gorgeous - I'm glad it looks so great on you. WTG on the maintaining. At least it's not a gain. I'm almost too scared to stand on the scales at the moment as I know I've done a huge amount of damage in the past few weeks.

Jenny Dee ~ Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with eating at the moment - WTG on the 0.4 loss though. Awesome effort if McDonalds was your mainstay for the week. Hang in there - you can do it.

KellyJo ~ Glad to hear you're not beating yourself up. WTG on the exercise and making an effort to get back on the wagon. I am so unmotivated at the moment, but the stress I'm feeling at the moment is definitely not helping.

Suppose I should go and organise dinner. I will try and check in more often.
Closed Thread