Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-03-2006, 05:43 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat, June 3rd and 4th

Good Morning,

Boy what a rough week at work its been. Finally I get time to come here and read up on my favorite gals.

Its supposed to rain all weekend OY! First they said only in the AM today and now its all weekend. Grrrr.

DD has a birthday party today and I'm having breakfast with an 3FC that lives in my town tomorrow but thats about it for me other than the usual cleaning.

Watcha all doing this wet jersey weekend?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #2  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Chicks!

My first post from my new location!

Somehow, we miraculously survived our move thanks to a lot of great people from our church, and our neighbors across the street, we got packed up on Thursday. Friday was a bit more challenging...it was a holiday weekend, and only my friend, her husband, and their 8 yr old daughter were there to help us unpack We were up 'til 10:30 just getting boxes & furniture out of the truck We gave lots of money back to Lowe's Saturday buying a washer and dryer, a storage shed (we need it!), and some odds & ends. Thank God for my DH's employee discount! We have new furniture coming too! We're still getting things together, but it's beginning to look like a home. Winnie's getting used to it too.

I'm thankful to God for this new start in our lives. Now to get back on track with eating

Hope everyone has a super weekend!

P.S. We got to see Matthew too..he's doing good
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:24 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Joanne, its so good to see you. Glad you made it thru the move (I hate moving). Its rare you'll find folks that will help you move, your neighbors sound like angels. Enjoy all your new furniture.

Its great to hear Mathew is doing good and your back on plan.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #4  
CIN

Good Morning Gals!
I am sitting here eating my oatmeal with a little dab of peanut butter in it! Yummy! I cook it in the micro with 1/2 cup milk and a tablespoon of p. butter.then stir it & add sweetner...eat it like a chewy cookie and drink milk with it!

I walked a mile and a half this morning. It is a beautiful day!

I am adjusting to my hubby working and getting up at 5 a.m. Of course it wakes me up too but I stay in bed until 5:45. I am a morning person but getting up that early makes the now 9 a.m. seem like noon! Ha!

I actually miss him too! He has worked from home for the last 2 1/2 years ) We didnt get on each others nerves at all! I am thankful for that. Even though we have been married 35 years.....that was an adjustment.

He now works 2 jobs......but that's ok.we are thankful for the jobs!

Next week I will start back with my regular work routine too. Being off 7 weeks with no $$$ makes a difference!

Looking forward to summer activities with the grandchildren.when we can work them in!

Anyone heard from LIZ? I have had her on my mind.knowing she was seeing a Dr.I havent seen a post but perhaps I missed it!

Later taters......
Be blessed!

JoAnne.glad you got moved.it is quite a "stresser".
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #5  

Default Hey gang

Hi everyone!

Been a busy week.......but a good one.

I did go to the doctor Cin.......looks like most of my problems are GI as I suspected.......acid reflux.Have some tests coming up to confirm it.
Have to really get on the "getting in shape" thingy.

Been working on the water, moving more and making more positive choices.

Good to see all the activity on the boards.

It is so hot.....I love it.

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #6  
CIN

Liz
Glad to hear it but sorry too if you know what I mean.

Of course you know there are lots of meds for the acid reflux but I guess "erosion" can be a concern too.

Tests...tests.....and more tests.I know about that. At the hospital I go to they knew be by name in Nuclear Meds.that is pretty bad! Ha

Thanks for respondinh.I have had you on my mind.
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang

i've had a lazy morning this morning. laid around in bed and drank coffee until 9 am and then dh fixed us a pancake.

just got done doing 2 miles with handweights

now i'm washing at least 6 loads of clothes and working on supper for later

hey Leenie - how was breakfast?

hey Joanne - so glad you got that internet hooked up quickly! we've missed you! glad the move has gone well and that Matthew is doing good! hugs!

hey Cin - our oatmeal sounds yummy! I read a few weeks ago that you can do the same thing with your oatmeal and you just add a spoonful of pumpkin (from the can). That sounds good too. Congrats on the 1 1/2 mile walk! what is the temp up there? The heat index down here at 6 pm is like 97 - unbelieveable! So what little walking I've been doing I've been doing inside with perky Leslie.

hey Liz - keep us posted on your tests and results. hugs

wonder what tippy is up today?

and the rest of the gang?

everybody be good and have fun
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #8  

We went to a birthday party for the Cocker Spaniel rescue - it was lotsa fun and MacGregor was a good puppy. Then we went all the way across the Metroplex to pick up my youngest - I had to debate whether or not I really really really wanted him home again or if I should give him to my brother. *hee hee - kidding*

Things were going great until I got the mail - my electric bill was in it. $400 for May. This isn't promising for the summer.

Other than that we're hanging for the rest of the weekend. Everyone have a good one!
CJ :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #9  

I know that I've been MIA a lot lately but I've not been on the keyboard much.

As some of you now, R has been Chairperson for the Elders at our church and I've been the secretary. Well, we're turning it over to others now and that requires meetings and paperwork. Fortunately, I've stayed on top of the endless paperwork so there isn't any last minute panic. I can honestly say I'll not miss the politics of the church though I dearly love the people involved.

I'm finally done cleaning and reorganizing the kitchen cupboards and now I can start painting and stripping. I hate stripping but it has to be done.

Tomorrow, I return to the infamous raspberry patch to attempt to get that mess weed free. I also need to prune three bushes in the front of the house.

We lost another kitty this week. My SIL ran her over as she crossed the road. She was very pregnant. It wasn't pretty. DD and her friend came over and took care of it with a shovel and bag. Bless their hearts! R buried her in our pet cemetery.

As I type, R is making beer in the kitchen. He enjoys this and...well, it's better than if he were chasing women.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #10  
One day at a time..

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I actually feel great today. I liked getting dressed, which for me is a huge change. I took new progress pics yesterday and they blew my mind. 2 months makes a big difference.. I'm thrilled.. And I was down 2 more pounds this week which felt great, as I had worked my behind off in the heat all week!

Thanks to everyone who commented on my new pup His name is going to be Zero, after the ghost dog from Nightmare Before Christmas, DB's favorite movie. He's supposed to be coming Thursday morning, I am sooooo excited

Leenie - This week was so long. I work from home, but there was so much of it this week, lol. I work on a photography agency's website, so there are a lot of events this time of year... but more work = more money =

Joanne - Congrats on the new locale! I'm glad the move went smooth.. new Lowe's appliances? Sounds awesome! I love Lowes.

Cin - My DB gets up for work at 5:30, so I feel your pain, lol... although I usually just turn over and go back to bed I always miss him when he goes to work, it makes his time home so much more appreciated. 35 years huh? That's amazing. I've been with my DB for almost 5 years.. We hope to marry next year, we just have to wait for his taxes to get straightened out..

Liz - Sorry to hear about the GI problems, my dad has problems with reflux as well. I try to get him to drink more water, but he is very stubborn. Making yourself drink water sounds like a given, but it seems like a lot when you're trying to get 2 liters in a day in, lol. I always have to remind myself.

Cathy - I was in bed till 9:30 myself Congrats on the 2 miles with weights! I hope to do that soon

CJ - That sounds like so much fun! I LOVE dogs Sorry about the bill.. here in Baltimore, the Gas and Electric company wants to raise our bills 72%!! Isn't that insane?? The mayor is trying to fight it.. we're praying he wins

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Candi
MizCandula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies.

I had a rough night at work lastnight. If you wanna read about it, here is the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...06#post1285706 its titled My Night (mini vent enclosed) and is # 83, but if you don't, that is okay too.

So after that I basically wanted to curl up in a ball and not leave the bed. But I managed somehow.

Leenie - sorry you had a rough week at work. Happy Birthday to your daughter and I hope she has a great day! have fun meeting your 3fc friend!

homebound - glad your move went well! Enjoy your new furniture & stuff!

CIN - Congrats on the mile and a half walk! Your hubby is getting up when we are getting home from work.....I am definately not a morning person. Only up in the AM because I work til the early AM. lolllll.

liz321 - I hear ya! I have acid reflux, I am currently taking Nexium, which works great for me. I was on Protonix and it quit working for me. I had to have an endoscopy to check for ulcers and all that, nothing showed up, he just said it was red and irritated. They want to also do a scan to rule out my gallbladder, just have been putting that off because that test isn't fun. (had it before) So I know all about that stuff!

Cathy - Congrat on the 2 miles with handweights!

CJ - Glad you had a good time at the rescue party. WOWSA! on the electric bill! Been there. Have you asked them to come out and check to make sure everything to be sure there isn't a problem? Also I know some places do budget billing, only a couple ideas.

Tippy - sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty.

Candi - Congrats on the weightloss!

I hope everyone has a Great rest of the Weekend!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:01 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Tippy, congrats on getting the house into shape, suck doesn't it LOL !!! Oh my poor poor kitty, I'm sure your SIL feels like dodo. How are you feeling lately?

Liz, I'm glad you got to see the doctor. My little niece 6 years old has acid reflux and a bunch of tumors in her esophagus that needs to be removed this coming week, poor thing. Did you get any meds yet? what sort of diet helps acid reflux?

Cin, that oatmeal sound delicious yum. Wowee its been 7 weeks, time flys (prob not for you huh). How are your grand babies and DD?

Flady, gee that stinks about work. I personally would ask the head folks why they are moving you and not the folks w/less seniority.... you don't have to refuse it but you can make it known that your not happy. Thats just not right. Let us know what happens.

Cathy, 97 IS HOT!!! I'd be swimming for sure. It rained here from Friday until last night and rained HARD. We needed it though. You still doing Leslie tapes? I got a used bike and plan on doing some riding this summer along with swimming....hoping it helps LOL, can't hurt eh.

CJ glad you had fun with the puppy and the little one A $400 bill does not surprise me, it makes me sick, but doesn't surprise me. One month our bill was over that and I almost fell over thinking my entire pay check goes to the freakin electric company....sigh. what can you do?

Candi congrats on the 2 lbs down WHOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! and feeling great I think zero is a cute name and original for a pup. I have a hard time naming my dd's build a bears LOLOL !!! they usually end up with some sort of FOOD name...surprise? oy.

It finally stopped raining. We didn't go to the Birthday party yesterday because DD had a 102 fever. So we stayed home and nursed it. Hopefully she is okay today.

I have to meet a friend for breakfast in a few hours and then its off to the drug store for some funky colored nail polish... for me of course I am looking for summer colors like orange cream, bright pink *giggle*

Other than that..... my mountain of laundry is now folded and waiting to be put away.

How are you today?
Old 06-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #13  

Hey everybody!

I am trying to get ready for the week.......but not getting very far.

At least my in-laws are making supper for us tonight.......so that helps!

Hugs everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Good Sunday Evening!

Hello Ladies!

Leenie - Yeah it totally stinks and yes they will flat out know I'm not happy about it. I think I sent that message already to the sidekick. Its basically a "witch" hunt and I'm the "witch". It all boils down to being the sidekick is the one making all the decsions and NOT our boss or even her boss. That is the whole problem right there. I think I mentioned about my co worker sending an email to our boss stating that pulling me off nights and putting me on days is a very bad idea. We'll see what happens, I'll certainly keep you all informed!

Hi L, I hope this week goes well for ya and yes that would certainly help with your in-laws making dinner, Enjoy. My in-laws anniversary is tomorrow. Don't know if we're going to take them out to dinner or fix them dinner @ their house.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote