Old 06-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Default What do you eat?

I was wondering what everyone ate throughout the day. I need some ideas.

Thanks!
~*LadyBug*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

you could try checking other peoples FitDay accounts. I do that A LOT.

But typically:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with cut up berries or a 2-egg omelet filled with veggies (usually, bell pepper, spinach, and broccoli) and a laughing cow wedge, cooked without oil on a nonstick pan.

Morning snack: Fruit

Lunch: Leftovers of whatever I had for dinner the night before

Afternoon snack - high fiber crackers and laughing cow garlic-herb reduced fat cheese wedges

Dinner - Usually a balanced, 450 cal or so meal with at least a cup and a half of veggies, 4-5 oz protein, and a 150-175 cal portion of the starch of my choice. Last night, for example, we had cheese and spinach chicken, a cup of cooked couscous, and both green beans and english peas. Tonight is a stirfry with 4 oz shrimp, broccoli, chard, spinach, cabbage, and carrots over 3/4 cup of brown rice.

Dessert - My favorite is grilled pineapple, topped with some rainbow sherbet. Or I have single portion size rainbow sherbet or vanilla ice cream cups (150 cals each) that hit the spot for the evening sweet tooth.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #3  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Lets see...today I didnt do to well but here's what I have had so far...

Breakfast
Kashi Oatmeal with 1/2 bananna cut up in it

Snack
Kashi Trail Mix Bar

Lunch
6 inch Turkey Sub on wheat, no mayo
1 cup clam chowder

Snack
1 Cup Natural Applesauce with cinnamin.

Dinner will be

2 slices veggie delight pizza from papa murpheys

I was sick with strep for 2 week and it just came back yesterday so Im not really up to cooking right now and Im very tired.....which is why I have been eating out today. I'm still trying to make pretty good choices.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Here's what I eat

Breakfast: Protein shake, ingredients vary but I try to keep it around 200 cals

Snack: peice of fruit or some veg

Lunch: Lean protein + whole grain + veg and fruit i.e. Whole wheat pita with hummus and a little chicken, a big spinach salad, and some strawberries.

Snack: a few nuts or a kashi bar

Dinner: Most always a chicken dish of some kind with brown rice, whole wheat bread, quinoa (etc) and a LOT of veggies... we always have fruit for dessert

Hope that helps!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Breakfast - 3 x ryebread toast with vegemite, or 2 x apple with 200gm tub ff yoghurt, or muesli with yoghurt or porridge, or weetbix with hot water or crumpits with jam

morning snack - at work usually a dozen mixed unsalted nuts or corncakes with vegemite

lunch - sandwiches (usually salad, sometimes curried egg) on rye, yoghurt & berries, this week I made a batch of savoury pumpkin crumbles and have been having those for lunch.

afternoon snack - apple or more nuts and sometimes I spoil myself with a biscuit.

dinner - I try and just keep this one balanced...but I don't usually have a traditional "dinner" as such...I mean friday night I had 500gm low-fat natural yoghurt with berried mixed through it lol. Sometimes a soup or stew...tonight's menu is Kangaroo steak

and i'll usually have something small with my evening chamomile tea....homemade fruit muffin or maybe a slice of toast.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #6  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Typical "good" day. Boring, but easy.

Breakfast: 1.75 c Optimum slim cereal ~300 cal
Lunch: 4 Frozen chicken fingers (Tysons) ~400
Snack 1: MET-RX Protein Plus bar ~300
Snack 2: 1.5 c OS Cereal ~300
Dinner: 4 chicken fingers ~400
Big bowl of frozen veggies ~100
Snack: MET-RX Protein Plus bar ~300
Snack: 1.5 c OS Cereal ~300

Total: ~2500 cal
46% Carbs, 25% Fat, 30% Protein
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Breakfast: 3/4-1 cup of egg whites and some fruit (grapefruit or an orange) OR Naked Protein Shake
Lunch: Spinach salad with shredded chicken breast and homemade vinagerette OR smaller version of salad and some tomato based soup.
Dinner: Fresh vegetable juice and some lowfat cheese slices OR veggies (mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini) tossed in spaghetti squash and tomato sauce. Sometimes I throw a half cup of pasta, but not normally. During the summer I will throw some tomatos and chive on some cottage cheese with an advocado (lemon, salt and pepper) on the side.

Snacks: citrus fruit or banana, raw veggies, popcorn, yogurt, granola bar... ALWAYS a few pieces of dark chocolate thrown in

That's during the week. The weekends are a whole different story.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

• Breakfast: 1 cup honey bunches of oats cereal (it was on sale, but at least it's whole-grain, despite the sugar ) with 1 banana sliced and skim milk ~ about 400 cals
  • Snack: sandwich--2 slices light whole-wheat bread (with Omega-3--make by Healthy Life) with 1 T no-sugar-added strawberry preserves and 1 T natural peanut butter (as in the ONLY ingredient is peanuts) ~ 180 cals
  • Lunch: SmartOnes chicken and veggies frozen meal (the Turth About Carbs line, either Chicken Santa Fe or Sweet N Sour Chicken) ~ 140 cals
  • Snack: sandwich--2 slices light rye bread with lettuce, red onion slices, 1.3 teaspoons fat-free thousand island dressing, 1 slice Swiss cheese, 2 slices ham, and 1 slice turkey ~ 195 cals

Dinner varies, but with only 915 calories during the day, I have a lot of options for dinner. If I don't have too many calories at dinner, I may also have a smoothie at night (frozen strawberries, 1 banana, and skim milk, sometimes with fat-free cool whip).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote