Old 06-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Day 2... eggs etc...

Ugghh...I really don't like eggs! this is going to be tough. I guess I just need to eat non breakfast foods for breakfast!

I remember loving the Atkins Apple Cinnamon breakfast bars - but we don't have the extra $ for stuff like that right now - besides, I want to try and do induction as 'clean' as possible. (almost no splenda etc) I had a sugar free jello last night and it made me want more (I didn't have more, but it did make me want it!) No, actually, it was the whipped cream I wanted more of! LOL (heavy cream, vanilla and splenda)

DH was complaining about eggs too. He want me to get him the drinks, but I said if we didn't have the $ for the breakfast bars then we certainly didn't have the $ for the drinks! LOL

It's funny how your mind gets into the mix of things. I ate more yesterday than I do normally, but I still thought I was hungry quite a few times. CRAZY!

I know it's not about counting calories, but they were high yesterday! (according to my entries on fitday 1818 calories...) The extra cheese I used for cheese crisps (taste like cheese its - but 100% cheese) really packed on the extra cal.

I had 16 carbs total, got in all my water and savored every delicious bite of my filet mignon.
TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #2  

I also eat clean (no artificial sweetners) so it's doable. Maybe for breakfast try a high protien shake with some phsylium husk powder added for bulk. There are a ton to choose from at Vitamin Cottage that are naturally sweetened. You can get the husk there in bulk too. After you drink it, be sure to take in water. It helps the husk bulk up more, and I swear you won't be hungry for a long time.

Another tip I have learned from Susan here, is to get out of the mindset of breakfast. Don't fell like you have to only have eggs. Have some beef cubes grilled with cheese melted on top, or left over chicken with sour cream and a bit of salsa.. things like that. Get creative, and have fun trying different things!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Falon - thanks for the suggestions.
The protien shakes don't usually work for me because I just cannot stand the taste of soy. If I ever find one that doesn't taste 'bad' I'd be thrilled to use it. An example of how sensitive I am to it...Even the SlimFast shakes that most people like taste horrible to me. (granted, that was 4 years ago that I tried them, but... blech) I guess it's all how it's made, because I think the breakfast bars I liked used crispy soy (like rice crispies)...guess the apple and cinnamon muted the soy flavor? Or???

I did enter my daily activity in FitDay (no real exercise yet) and it said I burned 4000 calories, so I won't stress over the 1818 cal I consumed yesterday.
TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Robin, it sounds like you are off to a great start. Wishing you the best with your weight loss journey.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Robin---the Slimfast shakes (the LC ones) are DEFINITELY better than they used to be! I tried Slimfast years ago...used the powder to make shakes and also bought the ready made and these nowadays are a LOT better.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote