Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Chicks in Control June Exercise!!

Good morning, all!!
It's June. Already. And hot as heck. I noticed that some of us were a little off with our exercise last month. Myself included.
Perhaps we can commit to a little more movement this month.

I'm committing to one exercise class a week minimum, three days of running, and maybe some yoga.

What will you be doing this month?
Old 06-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #2  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

OK this month I am gonna KICK A BUTT.

I made myself a strict little schedule of who what where when why....Meals. Me time. Kid time. house time. EVERYTHING is scheduled!!

Plan is 5am up and workout on treadmill 30 minutes (just whatever I feel like, walk,jog just whatever) then at 1-2pm do a workout DVD.

Today I can proudly say that I started the month off RIGHT for once! I missed the morning workout. I am blaming Nora Roberts for writing such a good book and keeping me up till 1:30am to finish it. I did get up at 5:30am though to babysit starting at 6am (till 7:45pm for those who wonder).

Did the after noon workout while the 2 year old (babysit kid) slept I did Denise Austins Shrink Your Female Fat Zones so thats 40 minutes.

I was DETERMINED that in June I would get my butt moving again so here I go...posting here so that you guys can come to one of the other threads and me if I don't post here. This thread goes a full MONTH so I gotta stay accountable or suffer the wrath of the 3FC buddies I have found!
Old 06-02-2006, 01:32 AM   #3  

Wow. You girls are committed. You're sure to reach your goals.

My exercise goal will be very, very small this month because I'm having a C-section next week. My goal by the end of June will be able to walk with my babies twice a week. One in the stroller, one in the baby sling.

I'm sure July's goals will be a little more serious than that! Once I get the go-ahead from my doctor. My long-term goals will be:

1. Walking first
2. Then...some calisthenics (such as crunches)
3. Eventually: get back to belly dancing
Old 06-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #4  
Shopaholic Anonymous

S/C/G: 180/148/127

Height: 5'5"ish

Talking Finally making an exercise commitment!

Well, I've tried all kinds of diets, and I lost weight on all of 'em, but what I've really come to discover is this: there is no substitute for eating well and getting plenty of exercise when it comes to getting the weight off and KEEPING it off! So for the first time, I'm not just going to concentrate on what goes in my mouth: I'm also going to work on toning up and getting in shape at the gym.

I started out on the right foot yesterday, when I planned the workout schedule for this month! I picked up a copy of Shape magazine (which I love, and highly recommend), and it conveniently had a "get your dream body" workout plan that is realistic and perfectly suited to my current state of fitness. It includes a great blend of toning and cardio (I actually am modifying the cardio plan, but the point is to get at least 1/2 an hour of cardio, with 1/2 hour of toning), and you can either do 6 days a week choosing either toning or cardio, or combine them for an hour workout, 3 days a week. This month, I mapped out my plan on my calendar:

-Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I hit the gym for cardio (running on the treadmill, cross trainer, etc), and
-Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I strength train with the toning moves from the magazine.
-Sunday is my day off, or whatever I feel like (maybe hiking or swimming... I'll change it up).

I am so excited! I did my toning yesterday, and today I did the gym and am now doing a little toning boost. I feel great, and am stoked for a party I am going to tomorrow night! Yay!

-Sarah Jane
Old 06-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #5  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Default Who me?

Exercise? Exercise!? Oh yeah.... I am supposed to be doing that aren't I?

I'll be back soon... I'm having a moment... okay, a string of moments! But I am not binging. I'm not eating well or exercising, either, but I am not binging. I am going to be fine, and I am focusing on Monday. See ya then!

-Lala
Old 06-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #6  
New Beginning, New ME!

LaLa I was the same way last month. Not eating well Not exercising but also not binginge....Im right there with you on that!

OK no exercise yesterday..or i should say no INTENTIONAL exercise but is walking through Walmart for 1.5 hours TWICE (once in morning then at night) enough to not call myself lazy! haha we went early for groceries at Walmart and forgot a few things so we made a "quick trip" BACK to walmart and it seemed EVERYONE we knew were there so we kept getting stopped. Today I plan a 30 minute bike ride (in place of treadmill) and my Shrink DVD again (I really really love this workout)...Monday my 5am workouts start again. I am one of those really strange people that love to sit outside as the sun is coming up and stuff so this will not be a big problem, I can just tell myself "do this workout and then you can have coffee on the porch swing" that will be something to work toward.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #7  

I've been walking, and my distance has increased to 3 miles for my longer walks. I walk a hilly area, so there's plenty of uphill/downhill exercise there. I do the long walk 2-4 times a week, and a 1 1/2 - 2 mile walk the rest of the days, except for 1 day off each week.

I'm very heavy, and this is really hurting my ankles, so I don't want to increase distance until I've lost a good deal of weight. So I'll keep my distances but try to speed up the walks.

I'm also adding in stretching and lifting 3-pound weights at home. I was doing a bit of this in May, but I need to make it a daily thing and get it into a specific routine.

I also want to start chi exercises.

As the weight comes off, I plan to increase the strenuousness of my exercising, but right now, just walking while carrying all this weight is strenuous enough.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #8  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

Hi Ladies!

I've been missing action a bit here on 3FC but I have been going to the gym!
I have pared it back a bit because I was having a bit of burn out. I backed off a bit and realized that helped as well since my body has been holding onto the fat a bit harder in an effort to outwit me.

All my spinning that I have been doing for the past 10 weeks prepared me for today in which I did a 32 mile bike trip called the HOT TAMALE and we had beautiful weather! I felt very strong and could have gone on longer if I wasn't (TMI) in the middle of my period - the dynamics, which I am sure you are all aware of, really doesn't lend itself to sitting on a bike seat for almost 3 hours.

I'm going on a 20 miler tomorrow which is on a bike trail around our house and it will be much easier.

Although this doesn't have much to do with exercise, I've had some devastating news this week - my baby, my four legged son, who happens to be the smartest doberman on earth has terrible heart disease and won't be around much longer. There isn't anything that can be done. He's only 8 and a half and was so healthy up until January when he started to lay around more and more. He was my workout bud for a long time. He's not gone yet and I'm cherishing every moment I have left with him. I feel like I'm losing my child...

I'm wishing you all a great workout month!

Take care, kitty
Old 06-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #9  
New Beginning, New ME!

Awwwww Kitty! I am SOO very sorry to hear about your DogSon I have a Dogter poodle that is like a family member and she is only 5 months old so I can't imagine what you are suffering through after 8 and a half years! Stay strong and enjoy the time you have with him....My thoughts are with you
Old 06-05-2006, 06:21 AM   #10  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

A little off with exercises....well, I wasn´t a little off, I was completly off.

But I am back again- and because my right knee hurts like **** when I do Nordic Walking, I started with cycling on the hometrainer . Not my favorite thing in the world....anyway. I love it when I am done with it!

Numbers today: 30 min, 230 cal, 6, 4 miles
Old 06-05-2006, 09:25 AM   #11  
New Beginning, New ME!

Ok exercised 30 mintues this morning at 6am. did my programed thingy on the treadmill and it works my incline up and down and my speeds up and down from 2.5-3.5 MPH so in 30 minutes I burned around 200 cals and walked 1.5 miles.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #12  

Kitty, I'm so very sorry about your dog. That is devastating.

Good going with the exercise, girls!

I did a 90 minute walk this morning. For 60 minutes of that, I was carrying five pounds of new potatoes.

Yesterday I gardened for three hours, and as I haven't exercised in WEEKS, I'm counting it.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #13  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Okay, I seem to be back to normal! Well, as normal as I get, anyway...

Monday- PM stretch, crunches, squats, etc, and weight training
Tuesday- PM stretch, crunches, squats, etc and some walking (but nothing serious)

Tomorrow will be the elliptical, which should be fun as it's the second day after weight training, which always hurts like heck! Woohoo!

-Lala
Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #14  

Enjoy yourself on the elliptical tomorrow, Lala.

I got in two, 40 minute walks this evening.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:43 AM   #15  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Juchu, I am done: 30 min cycling , 6,5 miles, 235 cal
Closed Thread