Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-01-2006, 06:39 AM   #1  
Meg

Default Maintainers - June Chat!

Last edited by Meg; 11-27-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:09 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Anniversary Meg!!

I'm so happy you walked into that gym, because you are one of the few people I know (well, in an internet sort of way anyway ) that has really managed to change your life. Once again, I'm so glad this group is here, since in my real life I only know two other people who've lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off. It really helps that one of them is my DH of course, but his extra 25-30 didn't (and doesn't) really create the struggle for him that most of us seem to deal with.

DD finally got her first tooth last evening, and I'm SO happy. It has been a ROUGH week. Now all she wants to do is eat, since she really wasn't able to for most of last week.

And I'm packing for my trip to the triathlon this week. I missed my last good week of training due to this cold which is just about to pass, but on the plus side, I got a really good taper in! But I am apprehensive, so I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about it. I will finish it, but I want to have the famous "good race experience". I'll be checking in tonight, but will be away for a few days.

Howdy maintainers! Happy new month.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:16 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Hey Meg, CONGRATS on your anniversary, gyms are great aren't they?....

June is here and to me that's the start of SUMMER AND I don't have the beach body that I was striving for... My goal for the month is to get rid of this back fat that has suddenly appeared, wassup with that? So that means lots of cardio and clean eats...

Meg, the thing is with kids, I have always been the healthy workout mom, although a bit on the higher side of weight, there was always healthy foods in the house, rarely any junk... But now that they are teenagers and have their own $$ they go to Wendy's et al, and pizza joints and are both, I hate to say, slightly overweight... So don't blame yourself ... They do what they wish once they reach a certain age!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:18 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Good luck on your Tri Anne!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #5  

Default As if I could share this anywhere else...

I had to go fishing in the pre-preg bin today for underwear. Yes, even though I'm still about 15 lbs up, and 1.5 jean sizes, I now feel like I'm back.

I can't believe how small this bra looks after 9 months of pregnancy and 8 months of nursing.

Thanks Ilene!

Guess I should think about going to work now.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #6  
Meg

Yay, Anne's back!!!

And best of luck on the triathlon. I am just in awe of you!! Be sure to come back and give us a complete report.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #7  

Hi maintainers,

Meg - happy anniversary ! and thank you for walking into that gym and being a role model for me!

Anne - lots of fun on the tri!

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:13 AM   #8  

Hello & Good Morning!
Just a quick post to say hello. I've really enjoyed reading some of the recent threads - very nice! Meg, congrats on your anniversary. Anne, congrats on the smaller undies !

As for me, I've been shopping for the big grannie panties lately, I'm 18 weeks along in my pregnancy, feeling good. I actually went and got a copy of my chart from when I was pregnant with my son - at 20 weeks I was 150 pounds! Right now I'm at 132, so I'm relieved to know I'm doing much better this time around. I've been journaling for about 4 weeks now and boy it makes a difference. I've also continued to TRY to limit sugar and have been mostly successful.

We've had so much rain here in New England - I'm getting depressed!!! Looks like more to come this week. Oh well, the grass is very green.

School is out in 2 weeks, can't believe it.

Hope everyone is well.
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #9  

OK, I did my tri. I survived. Barely. Pics are posted here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...62#post1288262

Anne
Old 06-06-2006, 08:57 PM   #10  
Meg

Anne #1 - Congratulations on finishing! I clicked on your pictures and read your description of the race ... My heavens, I can't believe you did the whole thing under those conditions (you are one determined woman!!) Snake hallucinations?! BTW, I think you looked very healthy and fit, despite the few extra pounds and coughing and wheezing.

Anne #2 - wow, you're managing your weight gain so well! The one time that I lost a lot of weight (before the last time) was between child #1 and #2. When I got preggers with #2, I used it as an excuse to eat ... and eat ... and eat. Of course, I gained back all the weight I had lost and hit my all time high. So I'am really impressed with how well you're handling pregnancy and your weight -- heaven knows it's not easy. Journalling and avoiding sugar are biggies for me too.

I may have made a stupid mistake .... I did a great leg workout yesterday which included lots and lots of squats. So why did I think that a 6 am spin class this morning was just a marvelous idea?? Rigor mortis had already begun to set in and the instructor had us do five solid minutes of pop-ups - 10 seconds seated, 10 seconds pedaling standing, 10 seconds seated etc. etc. I honestly thought my legs were just going to fall right off my body. So then I went upstairs and did a killer bi and tri workout. Methinks I will be sore everywhere tomorrow!!

It sure is fun to be back in the gym! I can do almost all the exercises now but am still ridiculously weak (but it's all coming back s-l-o-w-l-y). It's frustrating though when I think about what I *could* do six months ago and I almost cried when I had to put 80# of assistance on the pullup machine to be able to do sets of 12.

Think I'll haul my sore butt into bed and read (gets me out of the kitchen). I picked up a book in the airport by Susan Issacs and like it so far (Any Place I Hang My Hat) and see that she's written a lot of other books - anyone read them? Like them?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #11  

Congrats on getting back in the gym Meg! Sorry to hear about your leg workout. But think how great your legs will look. And ibuprofen is a vitamin, right?

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm trying not to be disappointed with the race, but I was really hoping for a better experience. I played the hand I was dealt that day, and am proud of what I did, but I did want to do better. And my original goal was to be at pre-preggo weight by the race and I'm not there yet, and I can't help but wonder how big a factor that is--can't be ignored. There's another race October 1 I'm going to do and see if I can improve a bit.

wunderAnne
Old 06-07-2006, 02:13 AM   #12  
Working My Way Back Down

Meg - I've read a lot of Susan Issacs books and liked them all. My senior brain is devoid of the titles this time of night, but hey - I remembered the author! Feel free to ask your local friendly librarian.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:27 AM   #13  

Hi Meg - I just read that book, it was worth the read but not great. I can barely remember the story which doesn't say a lot for the book, I found it very slow and thought the main character whined a lot and found that I didn't really care whether she met her mother or not...I'll be interested to see what you think! Have you read Jodi Picoult? I've ripped through all of her novels recently, they are very good, quick, summer reads.

Anne, you should not be disappointed with your race results. Just the fact that you were able to train for that race and finish it after so recently having a baby is wonderful and should be celebrated. I know how hard it is to lose those pounds post pregnancy, as you've seen from my posts, but the weight WILL come off. It takes time. Did you recently stop BFing? Because I found that after I stopped BFing my son the first time, the weight slowly but steadily started to drop. My cheap advice is work on the weight loss and look for steady improvement sbut do not set yourself up for disappointment by setting a mental goal of "I want to lose all the weight by such and such a date." Maybe smaller goals would be more manageable & easier to celebrate? You know the head trip - you've done it before, you'll do it again. And in 8 months or so you'll be giving this advice right back to me when I'm complaining about not having lost all my baby weight yet!!

Have a great day everyone.

Anne
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #14  

Anne, I so impressed by how you are managing your weight during your pregnancy. I have so many lessons learned if (BIG GIANT IF) we decide to do this again. Thanks for the encouragement. I just feel like the whole experience turned me inside out and upside down, and I no longer have any idea of what to expect! So I just keep trying. DD did wean herself during the great teething event about 3 weeks ago. I immediately dropped about 5 lbs. Go figure.

I'm really trying to work more on my attitude about this. When I think about my pregnancy I want the first thing I think about to be my daughter. And right now, the first thing I think about is the weight gain. How screwed up is that? Priorities, priorities. Not that my own health is a bad thing to be concerned about, but geez. So I'm trying to do some mental work as well.

So here's a small thing. I will now talk about my maintenance weight instead of pre-preggo weight. If I slip, someone give me a .

Anne
Old 06-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ibuprofen is a vitamin
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote