Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb Labor Day Challenge

Hi all,
Well I decided that the Memorial Day Challenge really helped!!! So I thought I would start a Labor Day Challenge for myself and anyone else that is interested.
My goal for Labor Day is to lose 20 lbs. I figure we have about 14 weeks. I weigh in on Thursdays, but when ever you weigh in is fine.
Good luck to anyone who wants to join in!! I figure that we all can use the support of others!!!
Donna
Old 05-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #2  

I would like to join you in this challenge. My WID is on Tuesdays!!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #3  

Yea, That's great!!!! Hopefully some other will join, but even if not. I'm really challenging myself to stick with it!
By the way, My name is Donna.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #4  

Come on! I know there are some ladies or gents out there that want to do a challenge!!! Everybody welcome.
I weigh in this afternoon and will check back in the morning!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #5  
luv2scrap

I am up for the labor day challenge.
My goal for labor day is to lose 15 lbs. WID for me is tue. nights
everyone
Old 06-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/200/140

Height: 5'8"

A Labor Day Challenge sounds GREAT to me Donna! I'm in a short term challenge that ends on June 19th (right before I go on vacation) but something a little more long term is just what I need to stay on track this summer.

Hmmm, my goal is to lose 15 lbs by Labor Day, about a pound a week. That will put me 5 lbs away from goal I weigh in Friday mornings, so I'll be back tomorrow to post my weight for the week!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #7  

Glad to hear from you Vapixie and Amanda!
I have a short term going for the 4th of July and I changed my Memorial Day ticker to the Labor day ticker. I set my goal a little high. I hope it motivates me more.
I weigh in this afternoon. I hope I lost a pound, but I'll check in tomorrow and let you know.
Amanda: I am so impressed with your weight loss! 131 pounds! That is so awesome!!
Old 06-02-2006, 12:54 AM   #8  
si, si signora

I am trying to keep my sights on my July 4th goal, but to be at 15 lbs down and 5 from my goal would be great as well.

I am going to start training for a 5K and hopefully a 10K and that should help.

lala
Old 06-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone! I weighed in this morning. Still at 150 lbs. No gain... I'll take it!

How did your weigh in go yesterday Donna? I think setting a high goal is a great idea. It never hurts to push yourself a bit!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #10  

Wow lalala, a 5k with sights on a 10k!!! That is so awesome. I hope that when I get down that I can try jogging. I have osteoarthritis in my hips and knees and when I tried at my top weight before going on WW I just about crippled myself!! I couldn't walk good for about 2 weeks. Now I'm just doing the walking and I'm doing 4-4 1/2 miles a day.
Amanda: Congrats on maintaining. You have had such an amazing weight loss. When did you first start losing weight?

For me, I'm doing a woo-hoo this morning!! I lost 2.2 lbs this week!!! I haven't had a 2 pound loss in about 4 weeks so I was happy. I'm really trying to up my exercise and do a mimimum of an hour a day of either walking or video exercise.
I go on my cruise next week. We leave on 6/10/06. I'm so excited. I'm a little anxious too. I want to enjoy my cruise, but I don't want to sabatouge my weight loss. I know that I can walk on the cruise ship and I have to snorkeling outings planned for the 2 days we are in Mexico. After the cruise I'm going to Panama City, Florida with my sister and a friend for 3 days, so I know I can walk those days and play in the ocean. Anyway, send up some prayers for me to stay strong, enjoy myself and get that exercise and water in!
Hope everyone is having a great morning!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquisitern
Wow lalala, a 5k with sights on a 10k!!! That is so awesome. I hope that when I get down that I can try jogging. I have osteoarthritis in my hips and knees and when I tried at my top weight before going on WW I just about crippled myself!! I couldn't walk good for about 2 weeks. Now I'm just doing the walking and I'm doing 4-4 1/2 miles a day.
Whoo hoo on the loss.

Why am I going to start running again? Because my dearest ernesto does not afford me the time for leisurely workouts any more, so a three mile run is a good workout done in a short amount of time.

So, i think.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #12  

Hi everyone. I think I'm gonna change my WID to Monday's. Everyone seems to like Mondays! I'm only down 1 lb. and I know something is better than nothing, but I wanted it to be more. Will need work harder.
Hope eveyone is doing good!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #13  

Way to go MookieMunckin!!!!!! Don't worry about the day you weigh. I weigh in on Thursdays! Doesn't matter as long as you do the same each week.

I've personally challenged myself to walk 6 miles everyday until Saturday, that's when I leave for my cruise. So far so good.

Hope everyone is doing good and keep those spirits up!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #14  

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Donna: Congrats on the loss last week. And six miles a day until your cruise... that's GREAT! To answer your question, I've been on the long road of weigh loss for about 8 years now. BUT, there were years were I just maintained my losses. I've spent approximately 2.5 years in actual "weight loss" mode.

Mookie: Congrats on the loss... a pound is a pound! Every one counts
Old 06-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #15  

Amanda: I know you are so proud of yourself. At least you have stuck with it for all those years. I know we have good and bad and frustrated days and weeks. I'm feeling more and more that this is a lifestyle change and that I need to do it for my health. Both of my parents died early, my mom 57 from cancer and my dad 62 from Congestive Heart Failure and diabetes. I have a 7 year old daughter and I'm going to be 49 on my birthday. I want to be around to see her get older and hopefully see a grandbaby in the long long future.
Everyone have a good day and keep your sights on what you want!!!
Closed Thread