Old 05-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #1  
Madeline

S/C/G: 190 now/165 goal

Cool Food Plans: What Are They Really?

I want to find the websites that really give you the food plans recommended in particular diets. I find all sorts of testimonies but nothing that gives you the real plans like: Mediterranean, Sonoma, Dr. Phil, South Beach level 2, etc. etc. Any tips? thanks Madeline
MADELINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #2  
Momma on a Mission

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry I can't really help you find the websites you are looking for, but I wanted to give you at least one reply.

I don't think you will find much in depth food plans for the "name brand" diets you mentioned on web sites. The diet industry is huge- making millions of dollars per year. Part of that is the sale of books, tapes, and dvds which give you the science, testimonials, pep talks and plans to follow for each particular diet. If you find a plan on a site, most likely it will only scratch the surface. If they have something to sell, like most do, they will only give you "teasers" to entice you to send the money. I don't mean to sound negative about any of the creators of diets. Most good eating plans have years of research or observation behind them, so it is only fair for the person who has done the legwork to expect to get compensated.

In the past, I have found new food plans profiled in magazines or online- then I looked for the book at the library or our local used bookstore. This might help you get the complete story. I know it gets overehelming with so many plans floating around. Hang in there.

Best of luck. You might still find the info you need out there.
mtnheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

The new 3 fat chicks book gives you the basic premise for each of the plan as well as pros and cons. If you are trying to choose which plan sounds good for you, this would help. Once you've narrowed it down, you would still probably need to read the plan book to get more detailed information, but that might be a start. Also, I got the 3 fat chicks book at my library and can also find each of those Diet plan books that you mentioned at the library. That part of it would be free.

Sorry, I don't know of a website for each of those.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote