Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of May 30, 2006

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend! I ate more than my share of chips/dip and am back on track this morning. I even enjoyed more than one beer

The temps here are hot & humid with today's high nearing 90! Very unusual for us at this time of year! I don't like jumping from one extreme to the other. My a/c at work is not working but at least my boss' unit is so we're using a fan to draw the air out into my area. My area is twice the size of his but hopefully this will keep us comfortable. Temps are supposed to drop down tomorrow and hopefully the humidity along with it.

So how is everyone else doing?
Old 05-30-2006, 09:59 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Thanks, Melissa, for getting the thread started. Yes, 90's up there; DH was not happy. He had even packed a jacket for the "cool" night air in Ohio. That's not good that you have no A/C. They should let you go home. : )

I had a good weekend--very busy. The funeral on Friday was very nice, but so sad. My song went well. On Saturday I had a great golf lesson, then went shopping with a coworker. We had a great time and found some fabulous deals. I even found DH some golf shoes on sale (he wears a size 15, so it's rare to find them). On Sunday I went golfing and played horribly; it was quite embarassing. Oh well, keep trying... Then I joined some GFs at TGIFriday's and had espresso martinis. Have any of you tried them? Very dangerous--dessert in a glass and the effects sneak up on ya! On Monday I worked my little tail off doing yard work and house work. I also managed to go to the beach for a couple hours--that was very nice; a beautiful ocean breeze. I need to mow the grass tonight and then I'll be done--gosh I miss DH!

Speaking of him, he is so bored at his mother's. I pick him up at the airport on Thursday afternoon.

So, except for the espresso martinis, I did well food-wise. I found that I was eating large lunches and then some snacking later with no dinner. Without DH here, I just didn't feel like cooking. It's been quite warm here--mid 80's and humid.

Julie, I grew up in Youngstown and Cedar Point was our summer destination many times. I always liked that park. I don't know exactly where Willard is, but I have a pretty good idea. I hope you are maintaining.

lala, I hope Ernest's eye is all right. There's something about a basset that you just want to touch those ears. Sorry you couldn't sleep. That's what happens with me, too. If DH gets up in the middle of the night, he can go back to sleep, not moi!!

Pam, I hope Lauren is doing better. You finally got some nice weather. Yes, I wish I could play golf with you, too, although you'd probably beat me bad.

Hello to Susan. Susan, I tried to run yesterday and got overheated, so I decided to stop (I think that was a smart choice.)

I wish we had a TJ's here. You're all making me wonder about it.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #3  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

Hello everyone - I am glad everyone seems on track - even after a Holiday weekend. I had WI this morning - and I pretty much maintain - even after being "no so good" this weekend with grilling and eating what was grilled. It was great only a 0.2 lbs increase - and since it was so hot for Ohio this past few days - I haven't walked. I plan on doing that this evening - even if I have to wait until 8:30 or 9pm.
I already have my 50 oz of water drank for today - but I will drink more and it is only 10:15am!!
Oh I did grill kabobs (chicken) yesterday and they were awesome! Chicken, red bell peppers, mushroon, and tomatoes. Yum Yum
Old 05-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #4  

Hi all. Sounds like y'all had a good holiday weekend. I weighed in on Saturday and was down 6.6 since my last weigh-in the first week of January. Pretty happy about that. My WW goal is a scant 6.6 lbs away. Personal one a little farther, but definitely do-able. Oh, I am so hoping for the click that will get me there.

I have booked my flights for Australia. Leave here July 30th and return four weeks later. Can you spell e-x-c-i-t-e-d??

I am really struggling with night time eating. Any suggestions?

Susan
Old 05-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #5  
si, si signora

Hi everyone!

Woo hooo Susan and Julie. You guys rock.

Melissa - keep cool.

Lisa - espresso martini, that sounds good, but make mine decaf, will ya?

Nothing much going on here. Crazed puppy, backed up sink (plumber is coming out at 11:45 and DP did not do the emissions testing on my car this month, so I'm leaving right now to get in line.

I am not amused.

BBL!

lala
Old 05-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #6  

Hi ladies,

The weekend was just terrific, bright sunny sky and only a few sprinkles of rain on Saturday. My son's graduation was on Sunday morning and it was the first time in the past 6 years that it didn't rain on graduation day. Since there were over 4,000 graduates, it's held at the Umass football stadium. I can't imagine how miserable that would have been if it were pouring rain like we had last week. So now DS joins the working world. He's thinking he would like to take a semester off before beginning work on his Masters.
On Monday we had a Memorial Day/Graduation cookout. Everything went well and I even stayed within my points over the weekend.

Lala Yikes! Crazed pup, backed up sink and emissions testing, all in one day.... I wouldn't be amused either. I think you should try one of Lisa's espresso martinis when you get home tonight!

Susan I'm so glad Australia worked out for you. August will be a wonderful month! You're going terrific with your weight loss!

Julie 50 oz of water by 10:00 am is terrific. Getting in enough water is something I struggle with. Lately I've been adding the little packets of Lipton Green Tea To Go to my water...makes it go down a little easier.

Lisa your new picture looks very nice. I bet you're in a hurry to have DH home again. I laughed when I read your comment about his shoes. My DS takes a size 14 and I thought that was hard to find! Thanks for asking about Lauren, she's doing great.

Melissa hot and humid here today too but after all the cold rainy weather we had I'll take it. Had a few beers myself this weekend while DH and I were mowing the lawn.

Well ladies, my water bottle is empty so I should get up and fill it. Hope you all have a great day. Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:53 PM   #7  

lala, anytime the plumber comes I'm not amused because it's usually big bucks. I'm glad we don't have emission rules here. I always thought it was a racket.

Pam, I'm so glad that the weather worked out for graduation day. Thanks for the compliment; that's one of my headshots.

Susan, congrats on the loss. Also, Australia sounds great. I know you'll enjoy it.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Lisa - wow! You look great!

Pam -- Congrats on the graduate. What is he going before going on to his masters?

Yeah on keeping in your points. I was close, but not quite there.Dipped into the flexies and this week its mostly fruits, veggies and unprocessed foods for me.

Oh, I lost 2.8 on sunday. Whoo hoo.

lala
Old 05-30-2006, 03:58 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Update:

Car passed emissions, they opened early so I didn't have to wait in line and they were in a good mood.

130 bucks later, our sink and laundry tub is doing just fine and they managed to show up on time and they are the best plumbers/sewer guys we've dealt with.

Crazed pup has been watered, scritched by five separate people and dive bombed by crows. He needs to learn to walk better, off to find him a puppy kindergarten today.

now, off to find lunch.

lala
Old 05-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #10  

lala, congrats on the loss!! Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad the plumber worked out.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:56 AM   #11  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

I had an eventfull evening last night. While sewing a button on my husbands shorts that popped off, I started a load a laundry. I must tell you I am on the 2nd floor of the house, we put our laundry room there - it has been great. Then the dreaded thing happened. The water hose busted. It was goingin all over. My dd ran up stairs and said something was leaking. After I turned the water off from the upstairs control - I went to my kitchen and found waterfall going down my wall to my window to my counter top, etc etc. I called my dh from work and said there was a problem at home (work for him in other words). I was able to get alot of the water up before he came home. I volunteered to go find replacement hoses while he cleaned up behind the washer and dryer - DO you realize how dirty behind those things it gets - whey my allergies would have been kicking in high gear!!
Needless to say all is well now, the hoses are in place and I did another load of laundry last night and this morning. I am just glad I was right in the room when this happended or I am not sure how much water damage we would have had.
Oh - Plus I got up at 5:30am and walked before it got too hot (it was 70 degrees already)
Ok - sorry this was long
Old 05-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #12  

Julie, that wasn't too long a post. Oh, I just hate when that happens. Water damage is just about the worst thing. That very thing with the washer happened to our home in Virginia--what a mess. Unfortunately, we didn't catch it in time and it ruined our kitchen floor and caused mildew. Then here in Florida, of course, we had hurricane water damage--yuck. I'm glad you got your walk in today. What is going on up there? Why is there such warm weather--that is highly unseasonable. I ran today, but didn't feel like it.

Got home last night and mowed the entire yard. The grass was getting long. DH said to wait till he gets home from Ohio, but it was in need of mowing. I was so hot and tired, that I just ate a cheese stick and some pudding.

Melissa, you sound very superstitious about scales. I usually weigh myself once a week because I only weigh in at WW once a month. That keeps me on track.

How is everyone else today?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:27 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Lisa: Love the new picture!!! You look great! I'm not that superstitious about scales it's just that I only weigh in at my WW meeting and don't get on the scale at home. I'm thinking I may need to do that though to keep myself a little more accountable. I've been struggling with those few extra pounds and I'd really like to lose them! It's hot here--78 already and it's only 9:15 a.m. It's supposed to be another scorcher but relief is in sight! I really don't like the hot/humid weather.

Susan: Woohoo on the weight loss!!! I, too, am a night snacker and I've been trying to get away from it. I try to find things to do so I don't get bored or else just plan a snack so I don't feel "deprived" about having something in the evening. It's more a habit than something I really "need".

Pam: Glad you had great weather for the graduation! Next year DS #1 will be graduating. Good for you for staying within your points over the holiday weekend! I know I was higher but it was only one weekend. I'm trying to bring in the reigns this week. Yesterday I drank a ton of water hoping to flush things out. This morning my rings are tight and it's probably mroe from the humidity than anything.

Lala: Congrats on your loss!!! Way to go! I need to get back to unprocessed foods as well along with having healthy things in the house! I may take you up on your offer to pick up something from Trader Joe's for me in the future. How's Ernest doing? DH is planting our garden this week--tomatoes, basil, beets, cayenne peppers, eggplant and a few other things. I love it when we start getting the fresh produce. There's nothing like a tomato fresh from the vine!

Julie: Your post wasn't long at all! We've had some water pipes burst and it's no picnic. We had just gotten our kitchen floor done and a pipe in the bathroom off of the kitchen burst and ruined the floor--thank goodness for homeowner's insurance! Like you, I shudder to think what could have been had we not been home. Good for you for getting a walk in early today! I went yesterday at noon to the Wellness Center and walked indoors. This morning I took a quick stroll around the block before it gets too warm. I'm looking forward to the cooler temps (70's).

Not too much else going on here--DS #1 is getting his car on Thursday most likely. Yesterday he took care of getting his insurance so he's moving right along. I'm looking forward to him having his own vehicle and at the same time kinda feeling a little melancholy about it! Stay cool ladies!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #14  
si, si signora

Hi everyone!

Julie, I'm feeling your pain. We ended up having to mop behind our washing machine as well after yesterday's fiasco of the plumbing. Tonight when the wild man is down for his pre-bed nap, I'll run down to the basement and sweep and mop behind the dryer as well. I decluttered under the kitchen sink and I still need to find a home for all that stuff.

I was up at 4:45 with Ernest and 6:00 and never made it to the gym. That boy needs puppy daycare so that he can run with the big dogs and let me get some sleep.

It will be muggy here. The kiwis are getting ready to bloom. They are so pretty.

Melissa -- Yes, just email or PM me and I'll send you a care package. Ernest has discovered wild strawberries, so maybe I can get him to pick for me.

Pam - water is on my list today. 3 quarts if possible.

Lisa - I try not to weigh at home either. However, clothes are not always my good indicator as pants streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch.

Susan - please post itinerary for Australia.

Okay. I'm pooped and now a large data call has been dumped on moi. I did get an invite to Boulder for July to give a presentation our senior IT/CIO council on mapping, so that was nice.

Off to read 200 pages of OMB circulars...

lala
Old 05-31-2006, 03:25 PM   #15  

lala, Ernest is just like a baby. What about the job; I know that you were unhappy.

Speaking of things stretching; I've had to give away or throw several pairs of shoes. I don't know what is happening, the shoes are just getting big. They're all good shoes, so I don't understand it. Anyone else having this problem?
Closed Thread