Old 05-30-2006, 02:51 AM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default How has your life changed?

I was thinking today about how many other things in my life have been getting more attention or have changed, since I started my health and weight loss journey.

I mean, I know that one major change is the fact that I am more conscious of what I put in my body and that I exercise, but what else have you started to do that you didn't in your 'old life' or 'before' life?

For me, one of course is quitting smoking - a big thing. I am off to the dentist today for a check up - I have not been to the dentist since I was 16 (so, 13 years!). I want to take care of my whole body. I even floss now!

I spend my money on fitness magazines instead of junk food. I spend money on itunes instead of cigarettes. I walk the dogs more.

And finally, I don't want to sleep the day away as I did before I started this journey. I look forward to my day now. Well . . . most days

The thing is that I haven't even lost any weight either - its all health related, not weight related, for me at the moment.

How has your life changed?
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #2  
gym junkie

S/C/G: 252/222/125

First of all, congrats on the new found positivity.

I know what you mean about feeling healthy, and that making you want to take care of your whole body.

Before I started, I just felt so bad about myself. Just a little bit of progress has made me want to take better care of myself. I got braces, I've joined a gym and go every morning, just because it gives me energy and makes me feel more awake and happy throughout the day, and I just notice an overall difference in the way people treat me.
cambri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #3  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Boo

The thing is that I haven't even lost any weight either - its all health related, not weight related, for me at the moment.

And the weight will come!!! it seems that in my "Before" I was soley focused on losing weight to look "hot" ( I was a teen) and did unhealthy things to get there...now, I am focused on getting healthy to stay healthy FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! I have notices since then I am not as "stressed" with my weight cuz I know that I am making healthy choices everyday and exercising everyday. I have lost more weight doing what I am doing now as apposed to what I did "back then"

I noticed that I am not focused on how my clothes fit so much but more so on the fact that I can run stairs or climb a hil and not drop dead at the top
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote