Old 05-29-2006, 10:44 PM   #1  

Question Nutrisystem?

Has anyone tried Nutrisystem? I ordered just a few of the meals to try out, I don't want to buy the whole month plan to find out that the food is awful.

If anyone has tried it, can you share your experience with the program (I'm especially interested in results of course )? I'm interested because next week, I am starting my last semester of this accelerated graduate program I'm in.. and that calls for 6 classes in 2 months (ugh) and having prepackaged meals and snacks would be really convenient for weightloss.

I appreciate any input or feedback, thanks!
DaisyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #2  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Ive never done it but ive thought about it. Sounds like it might be good for someone like you whos always busy, you wont have to worry about cooking and stuff.. i think it would be worth a try
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:52 PM   #3  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

It sounds like it would be easy if you had the money. I've heard it's quite expensive. I think it would be perfect for you and your upcoming schedule.
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #4  

Yeah it's about 280 dollars a month.. but if you order a month worth of food, you get 1 week free.. so 280/35 days = about 8 bucks a day... which isn't bad since I always buys lunch and grocery every week.. it actually sort of evens out, might even work out to be cheaper for me.

I'm going to try the food that I already ordered and if it's good, I'm definitely going to go for it, I'll let everyone know how it works out. Thank you girls for your input ... I am NOT looking forward to the next two months, but I hope that at the end of the two insane months, I will be healthier and slimmer

If anyone has any other inputs or experiences with Nutrisystem, please share - thanks!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:46 AM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I tried it for about 2 days. I don't know if I lost weight because I dropped off the program so quickly. I am a fussy eater and my food choices were limited and I wasn't overly impressed by the taste. Also, the program is a bit more complicated than just 3 meals and 1 snack a day; you are also supposed to have like 2 salads or veggies and a couple of starch servings and protein servings that they do not provide.
It probably does work for a lot of people and maybe even for you......all I know is that I was cr*p at it.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:15 AM   #6  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hey DaisyJ, did you read 3fc's own review of the nutrisystem?

*edit* link
http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...ad_our_review/

Last edited by angeleyezx; 05-30-2006 at 04:24 AM.
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #7  

Shrinkingchica, the taste of the food is one of my main concerns as well, so hopefully I will like the few items I ordered because I don't know how I will get through the next 2 months with an insane schedule. I know I tend to eat terribly when I get busy. Maybe I can try Jenny Craig or some other program if the food is nasty. Thanks for sharing your experience with me

Thanks for the link Angeleyezx!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #8  

Just a quick update, I got the couple of trial items that I ordered from the nutrisystem website... and I gotta say that it's not the greatest food but it's not bad either. I think that if I'm okay with eating this stuff for the next 2 days that I will order it for the month. Well I'll let you all know how it goes, just in case anyone is curious. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #9  
44lbs gone!

Cool, but I read the link as well and she said that alot of the food of be found and picked up cheaper at you local.
just watch / write down your intake
Old 06-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #10  

True, but I think I'm just like taking the thinking out of it. I'm so sick of obsessing over food (not eating it that is) so I think this plan will be good for me I hope! I will definitely be taking down my intake and also I will be making a list of what sucks from nutrisystem.. the chocolate fudge cake is horrible :P - thanks for your advice, I'll let you know how it goes. Btw, congrats, you're only 2 lbs away from your goal, so amazing ! Hope you get to your goal soon.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #11  
44lbs gone!

Hey, thanks Im one lb away now, BUT im changin my goal to more match my body and height so Im really 10-15lbs away
lol
Old 06-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #12  

Hey, that is still amazing !! The fact that you've already lost more than 30 lbs.. I am envious!! You are an inspiration, keep going and good luck.