Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.8 / 172 / 140

Default I almost killed myself today...(not really but it felt like it)

ohmygod! so i took my bike out today since it's an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day out today - and I rode here from my apartment in Indy on 38th street up to the park on 56th street (it's about 3 miles there and 3 back - really not horribly bad, considering when i lived in Chicago I'd ride from my apt on the northside downtown and back almost every day - 6 miles there & back...)

so anyways - i got up there and as soon as I got inside the park - i had to drop on the grass and just pass out under a tree for a little bit - I'm not sure if it was heatstroke or what...but I was dizzy and couldn't stand straight at all. but finally after about a half hour of laying there, I was able to get up and go back home. as soon as I got home, i came in and crashed on my bed. I had my water bottle with me - and an apple - and i finished my water and when i was able to eat the apple (thank god for the sugar...lol) - i did that and then once i was able to get back on my bike, i came home. but man - i've ridden my bike in the heat before (it was about 90* here in indy today) - and i was wearing shorts & a tank top...but whooooweee. well, i got my exercise in at least! :-D
Ultimategurrl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:52 PM   #2  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

Hi - I'm glad you are feeling alright now. It sounds as if you bonked. Here is an article about it. bonking. It's not something has happened to me, but my husband had and it scared me to death! I have a 64 mile bike ride coming up on Saturday so I'll have to make sure this doesn't happen to me.

Best, kitty
chaoskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:24 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow how scary! Glad you are okay. From Kitty's post, it sounds as if you need to make sure you eat something and even take something with you in case this happens again!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217.8 / 172 / 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskitty
Hi - I'm glad you are feeling alright now. It sounds as if you bonked. Here is an article about it. bonking. It's not something has happened to me, but my husband had and it scared me to death! I have a 64 mile bike ride coming up on Saturday so I'll have to make sure this doesn't happen to me.

Best, kitty

Very interesting!! as I stated, I used to ride all the time and I've never had this happen before. again, I'm very thankful I decided to take that apple with me - but it was weird. anyways thank you so much for that link and information.
Ultimategurrl79 is offline   Reply With Quote